Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
Honoring Our Graduates
Congratulations to Megan Bush, Emma Dau, Nicklas Fodness, Colton Peterson, Tory Morales Sellers, Nicole Steele, Tanner Thomas & Tori Townsend on their upcoming graduation. Please let us know if we have missed someone.
Please join us as we honor them on Sunday, May 17th at the Reformed Worship Service at 8:50am, and at the reception following.
The “Garden” Conversation
We are excited about the initial conversation about starting a community garden. If you are interested in volunteering, donating or have any ideas for the steering team, please reply and let us know!
Youth Teacher Appreciation
If you taught Pre-K through 12th grade Sunday School or Wednesday Night Fellowship this year, you are invited to join us for an evening of appreciation and fellowship event in the Fireside Room tomorrow (May 13th) at 7pm. Come for an evening of fellowship and celebration as we take a moment to reflect on God’s faithfulness throughout this year.
Greeter/Usher (s) Needed
The Reforming (2nd) Service is in need of Greeters/Ushers for the month of May. Please contact Bob Peterson or the office if you can assist.
Military Pictures Needed
All Military personnel, past and present, will be honored on Sunday, May 24th during a slide Show presentation. Please bring in or email your photos to email@example.com.
Ladies of all ages….
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 9 AM at Hey Good Cookies.
No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat. Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Pictures of Dad
On Sunday, June 21st we will be honoring all dads on Father’s Day. Please bring us your favorite picture of “Dad” to be presented in a slide show presentation on Father’s Day.
The Worship Committee is in the process of making up the schedule for liturgists for the next 12 months. We really do appreciate of the dedication and willingness of those who have served during our worship services in this capacity. Also, if you are interested in being a liturgist, please let Bob Peterson 332-6374, Cheri or Pastor Clint 336-1649 know, so that we can add you to our list!
- Ethan & Brittany Johnson on the premature birth of their daughter, Brynlee. Because of their expenses, we would like to support them the gas and gift cards which you can drop off at the church office. We will also be providing meals for them, click here to sign up.
- We are extending the meals for Don & Wilma Clauson, click here to sign up.
- Jim Arens who was diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist who is struggling with lymphoma.
- Joyce Colton as she recovers from back surgery.
- David & Michele Swanson battling with cancer.
- Marcia Andersen, who is having health concerns.
- Continued prayers go to Brandon & Laurie Steinkuehler. Because of the premature birth of Leeton, they will be making many trips to Sioux Falls and we would like to support them the gas and gift cards which you can drop off at the church office.
- Dave Dreeszen as he recovers from surgery at home.
- Jim Nygaard as he recovers at home.
- Continued prayers for the Nelson family.
- Paul Donnenwerth battling with liver cancer.
- Brian Jones & Jay Anderson as they await for transplants and further recovery.
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 6pm
- Handbell Choir Practice – 6pm
- Teacher Appreciation – 7pm
- Chancel Choir Practice – 7pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Mary Circle Meeting – 9:30am
- Martha Circle Meeting – 6:30pm
- Reformed Service – 8:50am
- Sunday School – 10:10am
- Adult Ed – 10:15am
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 10:15am
- Reforming Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Committee Meeting – 5:15pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Session Meeting – 7:00pm
Sunday School Classes
Bible Story Favorites ~ Clint Loveall
Reformed (1st) Service ~
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Kirk Jensen
Ushers – Dennis & Joyce Colton and
Chris & Amy Sill
Greeters – Roger & Karen Lahm
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Nursery – Sara Fisher & Sarah Kennedy
Coffee – Jack & Margie Burrell
Reforming (2nd) Service ~
Singers – Kari Bruinsma, Brianna
Pratt, Bart Duncan & Liz Steiner
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Kelly McKeever
Nursery – Lindsay VanderWolde