Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
7th/8th Dodgeball Tournament
Think you have what it takes to win an all out dodgeball tournament? Time to bring your “A game”! We will provide the balls, the bracket, the referees, and you just need to come ready to have a great time! All 7th-8th grade students are invited to join us for our dodgeball tournament on Saturday October 10th from 7-9pm. The cost is $5 per person, unless you bring a friend. If you bring a friend you both get in free! See you on October 10th.
Wednesday, October 7
Meal Crew: Dave & Nancy Dau, Lisa Richter, Jane Loveall, John & Sue Ziegenbusch
- True Spirituality by Chip Ingram ~ led byPam DenHerder
- A Modern Girl’s Guide to Bible Study: A Refreshingly Unique Look at God’s Word by Jen Hatmaker ~ led by Rachelle Gewecke
- Seven Men: And the Secret of their Greatness by Eric Metaxas ~ led by Pastor Clint
Recharge Meal Servers
A sign-up sheet has been posted in the narthex and ready for you to sign up to help set tables, serve and clean up for our weekly meals at Recharge (formerly WNF).
Thank you all for the cards and good wishes for our 50th wedding anniversary in September.
Lynn & Bob Peterson
SLHS Football Breakfasts
First Presbyterian Church is hosting breakfast and team devotionals on varsity game days. In order to keep up with the demand, we need your help. This can involve donating food, cooking, serving, or coordinating volunteers. If you are interested in being a part of a breakfast team, please call 336-1649, check the sign up sheet in the narthex, or check our website.
Funeral Luncheon Coordinator Needed
First Presbyterian is in need of a PW member to fill the position of Funeral Luncheon Coordinator.
The Funeral Luncheon Coordinator duties include:
1) Visits with family about food they would like served for main dish and purchases it.
2) Assigns one of the 4 service groups to: secure workers, call for salads and cake or bars, set up, serve, and clean up for a funeral.
If you would be interested in serving in this capacity, please contact the church office and let Cheri know, or call Charlene Radcliffe at 330-6668.
Ushers for 1st Service
We have started the process of preparing the ushering schedule for the 1st service for December 2015 and 2016. If you would like to be an usher again next year, let us know. If you would like to change when you are scheduled, let us know. If you haven’t been an usher, here is your chance to meet a quite a lot of the congregation. Let us know – either Cheri in the office or Bob Peterson.
The worship committee is looking for people to prepare communion for the first service. Communion is served the first Sunday of each month, with a couple exceptions such as Maundy Thursday. Having 2 or 3 people responsible enables both working together and schedule flexibility. Responsibility would begin in January, 2016, with training/learning available in November and December. Interested? Willing? Contact Bob Peterson with questions or to volunteer.
Power Point People Needed
We are looking for someone with power point skills to put together our Power Point presentation for our Worship Service. Please contact Clint if you are willing to help.
Church School Snacks
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/ NUT-FREE SNACK LIST has been placed in the library window. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red) are needed in the Cantina for Church School by 9:45am each Sunday morning.
FPC Fall Clean Up
On Saturday, October 10th from 9:00am until ????, we will be doing fall clean-up here at the church. Please bring your hedge trimmers, rakes and pick-ups for hauling debris, or any other tool that you think would be helpful. See you there!
First Presbyterian Church Annual Turkey Supper FPC is hosting their Annual Turkey Supper, Thursday, October 22nd from 4:30 to 7:00pm. Carry out also begins at 4:30pm. This is an all church event and we need many helping hands to make this a success. If you have not signed up to bake a pie, work a shift, decorate or help with clean-up, please sign up today on the sheet in the narthex. Tickets are being sold by members of Presbyterian Women, you may purchase them at the door, or contact the office at 336-1649. On October 11th & 18th Jan & Linda Bolluyt will be selling tickets after the 1st worship service and Josh & Dana Bolluyt will be selling tickets before the 2nd service. Cost for the tickets are adults—$10.00, Children 5-10—$5.00, 4 yr and under are free. Please take a Turkey Supper poster to post in the community!
Please pick up your pans &
bowls from the table in the narthex.
- Stacy Howard who has been bedridden at Avera in Sioux Falls for the remainder of her pregnancy. We are requesting meals for the Howards, family of 4.
- Roberta Carlson recovering from hip replacement surgery.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Keith Brockmeyer recovering from back surgery.
- Darlene Embry recovering from a fall.
- Betty Elgin recovering from a fall.
- Velma Ashburn recovering from knee surgery.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Michele Swanson battling with cancer.
- Marcia Andersen, who is having health concerns.
- Paul Donnenwerth battling with liver cancer.
- Brian Jones & Jay Anderson as they await transplants and further recovery.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7pm
- High School Youth Group – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- HS Act II – 8:30pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Mary Circle Meeting – 9:30am
- Martha Circle Meeting – 6:30pm
- FPC Fall Clean-Up – 9am
- 7th/8th Grade Dodgeball Tournament – 7pm
- Reformed Service – 8:50am
- New Member Reception – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:10am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 10:15am
- Reforming Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at Hawkeye Care Center – 2pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- No Women’s Bible Study
Sunday School – 10:10am
Adult Sunday School Classes
- Songs of Faith: And the stories behind them ~ led by Carol Ayres Stueven
- Wisdom from the Proverbs ~ led by Pastor Clint
Reformed (1st) Service ~
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Bart Duncan
Ushers – Darin & Erin Radcliffe and family and Roger & Donna Harms
Greeter – Steve & Karrey Lindeberg
Video Taping – Owen Primavera
Nursery – Amy Webber & Lisa Kraus
Coffee – Jerry & Dorothy Ingvall
Reforming (2nd) Service ~
Singers – Kari Bruinsma, Pressley Cochran Bray, Bart Duncan, Liz Steiner
Greeters – Mike May
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill
Nursery – Dana Bolluyt