Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
Wednesday, October 28th
Tailgate Dinner Only, 5:30-6:15pm
Meal: Tailgate Taverns
Meal Crew: Les & Marlene Noll, Jack & Nadine Hough
& Donna Rieck.
Thank you to the session and the entire congregation that showed such appreciation for the pastors last week. Your many cards, notes of encouragement, and personal greetings of all kinds are a beautiful reflection of the support and care you offer us throughout the entire year. We are blessed to serve in this place and we offer our deepest thanks to each of you.
Clint & Michael
Combined Worship Service – November 22nd
Please join us on Sunday, November 22nd at our Combined Worship Service at 8:50am. Following our Worship Service the children will go to Sunday School and the High School Youth will be hosting their annual Pie Auction.
Daylight Savings Time
As Daylight Savings Time comes to an end, please remember to turn your clocks back one hour on Saturday night, October 31st.
Thank You Turkey Supper Volunteers
You did it again, we served approximately 1067 people. Your combined involvement and hard work has made the annual First Presbyterian Church Turkey Supper a huge success for another year! A project of this magnitude is a tribute to the cooperation of this church family.
Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone!
The Turkey Supper Committee
Sermon Series – “Called” 3 week series
Beginning on Nov. 8th, we will spend three weeks thinking together about what it means to be called by God, and what we are called to do. Join us as we end the church year listening for what God calls us to in the future.
Nov 8 – Called by
Nov. 15 – Called out
Nov 22 – Called to
SLHS Football Breakfasts
First Presbyterian Church is hosting breakfast and team devotionals on varsity game days. In order to keep up with the demand, we need your help. This can involve donating food, cooking, serving, or coordinating volunteers. If you are interested in being a part of a breakfast team, please call 336-1649, check the sign up sheet in the narthex, or check our website.
Ushers for 1st Service
We have started the process of preparing the ushering schedule for the 1st service for December 2015 and 2016. If you would like to be an usher again next year, let us know. If you would like to change when you are scheduled, let us know. If you haven’t been an usher, here is your chance to meet a quite a lot of the congregation. Let us know – either Cheri in the office or Bob Peterson.
The worship committee is looking for people to prepare communion for the first service. Communion is served the first Sunday of each month, with a couple exceptions such as Maundy Thursday. Having 2 or 3 people responsible enables both working together and schedule flexibility. Responsibility would begin in January, 2016, with training/learning available in November and December. Interested? Willing? Contact Bob Peterson with questions or to volunteer.
Power Point People Needed
We are looking for someone with power point skills to put together our Power Point presentation for our Worship Service. Please contact Clint if you are willing to help.
Church School Snacks
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/ NUT-FREE SNACK LIST has been placed in the library window. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red) are needed in the Cantina for Church School by 9:45am each Sunday morning.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 9 AM at Hey Good Cookies. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat. Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Looking For A Recipe
We are looking for the person that made the cranberry/almond cake-like pie and brought it to the Turkey Supper. Please call or email the office with the recipe. Thank you.
Please pick up your pans &
bowls from the kitchen.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Peg Luhring on her passing this last week.
- Mark Voss recovering from a blood clot in his leg.
- Stacy Howard who has been bedridden at Avera in Sioux Falls for the remainder of her pregnancy. We are requesting meals for the Howards, family of 4.
- Roberta Carlson recovering from hip replacement surgery.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Keith Brockmeyer recovering from back surgery.
- Darlene Embry recovering from a fall.
- Velma Ashburn recovering from knee surgery.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Michele Swanson battling with cancer.
- Marcia Andersen, who is having health concerns.
- Paul Donnenwerth battling with liver cancer.
- Brian Jones & Jay Anderson as they await transplants and further recovery.
- No Recharge – Tailgate Meal Only
- No 2nd Service Rehearsal
- No Adult Handbell Practice
- No High School Youth Group
- No Chancel Choir practice
- No HS Act II
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Personnel Committee Meeting – 12pm
- Program Planning Committee Meeting – 1:30pm
- Reformed Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:10am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 10:15am
- Reforming Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- WIC – 8:15am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Sunday School – 10:10am
Adult Sunday School Classes
- Songs of Faith: And the stories behind them ~ led by Carol Ayres Stueven
- Wisdom from the Proverbs ~ led by Pastor Clint
Reformed (1st) Service ~
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Kirk Jensen
Ushers – Chuck & Gloria Ditsworth and Roger & Donna Harms
Greeter – Jay & Karri Anderson
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Nursery – Erin Radcliffe & Hannah Brumley
Coffee – Dayle Broocks & Jan Bowles
Reforming (2nd) Service ~
Singers – Pressley Cochran Bray, Bart Duncan, Liz Spiker & Elizabeth Steiner
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson