Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
Sermon Series – “Called” 3 week series
Beginning on Nov. 8th, we will spend three weeks thinking together about what it means to be called by God, and what we are called to do. Join us as we end the church year listening for what God calls us to in the future.
Nov 8 – Called by
Nov. 15 – Called out
Nov 22 – Called to
Combined Worship Service – November 22nd
Please join us on Sunday, November 22nd at our Combined Worship Service at 8:50am. Following our Worship Service the children will go to Sunday School and the High School Youth will be hosting their annual Pie Auction.
Wednesday, November 4th
Meal: Chef’s Choice
Meal Crew: Tom & Deb Ditsworth, Chuck & Gloria Ditsworth and Charlene Radcliffe
- True Spirituality by Chip Ingram ~ led byPam DenHerder
- A Modern Girl’s Guide to Bible Study: A Refreshingly Unique Look at God’s Word by Jen Hatmaker ~ led by Rachelle Gewecke
- Seven Men: And the Secret of their Greatness by Eric Metaxas ~ led by Pastor Clint
Recharge Meal Servers Needed
A sign-up sheet is posted in the narthex and ready for you to sign up to help set up, serve and cleanup for our weekly meals at Recharge.
Friday will be our last breakfast of the year at the church for the football team. If you are willing to provide an egg bake for that morning, please follow the link below to sign up through the First Presbyterian website. Because of the software we use, if you would like to bring more than one, we would need you to sign up for each one separately (sorry). Thanks for your help.
Annual High School Pie Auction
Need a homemade pie for Thanksgiving? Join us for our annual Pie Auction on November 22nd starting at 10:15am immediately following our combined worship service. Join us for a congregational meal, pie auction, lots of laughs and fellowship and most importantly help our high school students experience this year’s life changing mission experience! Our high school youth will be traveling to Purdue University in West LaFayette, IN to the Presbyterian Youth Triennium. Whether you contribute through baking a pie, serving the meal, or purchasing a pie, thank you! We truly couldn’t have this ministry without you.
5th-6th Grade Night Games
Calling all 5th-6th graders! Join us on November 12th from 6pm-8pm for a night of pizza and your favorite night games! Parents, please let us know if your student will be joining us by November 11th. There is no cost to attend.
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
Thank you to all who have helped by making freezer meals, you have definitely helped families with this need! But, we still have some families in need of meals, so we are collecting freezer meals again, casseroles or hot dishes, here at the church and distribute them to the families in need. Thank you in advance!
Ushers for 1st Service
We have started the process of preparing the ushering schedule for the 1st service for December 2015 and 2016. If you would like to be an usher again next year, let us know. If you would like to change when you are scheduled, let us know. If you haven’t been an usher, here is your chance to meet a quite a lot of the congregation. Let us know – either Cheri in the office or Bob Peterson.
The worship committee is looking for people to prepare communion for the first service. Communion is served the first Sunday of each month, with a couple exceptions such as Maundy Thursday. Having 2 or 3 people responsible enables both working together and schedule flexibility. Responsibility would begin in January, 2016, with training/learning available in November and December. Interested? Willing? Contact Bob Peterson with questions or to volunteer.
Power Point People Needed
We are looking for someone with power point skills to put together our Power Point presentation for our Worship Service. Please contact Clint if you are willing to help.
Church School Snacks
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/ NUT-FREE SNACK LIST has been placed in the library window. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red) are needed in the Cantina for Church School by 9:45am each Sunday morning.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 9 AM at Hey Good Cookies. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat. Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Please pick up your pans &
bowls from the kitchen.
- Julie Calsbeek who will be having surgery tomorrow.
- Dean Miller recovering from hypothermia.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Bernie & Marcia VanRoekel on the passing of Marcia’s mom, Margaret Arentsen, this past week.
- Hannah Poolman recovering from ACL surgery.
- Mark Voss recovering from a blood clot in his leg.
- Stacy Howard who has been bedridden at Avera in Sioux Falls for the remainder of her pregnancy. We are requesting meals for the Howards, family of 4.
- Roberta Carlson recovering from hip replacement surgery.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Keith Brockmeyer recovering from back surgery.
- Darlene Embry recovering from a fall.
- Velma Ashburn recovering from knee surgery.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Marcia Andersen, who is having health concerns.
- Paul Donnenwerth battling with liver cancer.
- Brian Jones & Jay Anderson as they await transplants and further recovery.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7pm
- HS Act II – 7:50pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- PW Coordinating Team Meeting – 5:30p
- Mission Committee Meeting – 7pm
- Women’s Retreat at Lakeshore Center – 8:30am-4pm
- 8th Grade Confirmation Retreat begins – 1pm
- Reformed Service – 8:50am
- 8th Grade Confirmation Retreat ends – 10am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:10am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 10:15am
- Reforming Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at WELCOV – 2:45pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- Officer Nominating Committee Meeting – 6:30pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Sunday School – 10:10am
Adult Sunday School Classes
Beginning November 8th
- Faith in Films ~ led by Jan Bolluyt
- Reformed Faith 101 ~ led by Clint Loveall
Reformed (1st) Service ~
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Youth Sunday
Ushers – Chuck & Gloria Ditsworth and Tom & Deb Ditsworth
Greeter – Jay & Karri Anderson
Video Taping – Owen Primavera
Nursery – Sara Fisher & Sarah Kennedy
Coffee – Tom & Deb Ditsworth
Reforming (2nd) Service ~
Singers – Emily Andersen, Pressley Cochran Bray, Bart Duncan
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill
Nursery – Kari Bruinsma