Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
This year we will be supporting another Mission Project. If you would be willing to share a poinsettia ($11) with us and/or donate to this year’s Mission Project, ($15), please contact Cheri in the office at 336-1649. Please let her know if this poinsettia is in memory of, or in honor of someone.
Congratulations to Cassidy and Stacy Howard on the birth of their son, Cade Ryker Howard, on Monday, December 7th at 7:30am.
Wednesday, December 9th
Meal: Chicken Enchilada Soup
Meal Crew: Karey Winkel, Jane Loveall, Milly Tillotson, Doug & Barb Johnson
· True Spirituality by Chip Ingram ~ led by Pam DenHerder
· A Modern Girl’s Guide to Bible Study: A Refreshingly Unique Look at God’s Word by Jen Hatmaker ~ led by Rachelle Gewecke
· Women of Faith: by Eric Metaxas ~ led by Pastor Clint
Recharge Meal Servers Needed
A sign-up sheet is posted in the narthex and ready for you to sign up to help set up, serve and cleanup for our weekly meals at Recharge (formerly WNF).
FPC Christmas Luncheon
The women of our church and community are invited to attend the Annual Presbyterian Ladies Christmas Luncheon. The date is Thursday, December 10th at 12:30pm. Following the luncheon, a program will be presented by Jennifer Dukes Lee on “Have Yourself a Pre-Approved Christmas.” Please join the Presbyterian Women for an afternoon of great food and inspirational fellowship.
Decorating of the Tree
Saturday, December 12th at 10:00am, please join us as we decorate the the tree for Advent/Christmas. With many hands, this should go quickly! Hopefully this will be a good way to share some time together as we journey toward Christmas. Please plan to join us!
The congregation will be sharing Christmas carols with shut ins and community members on December 16th starting at 6:00pm. All students and families are invited to join us for our pizza dinner starting at 5:30pm and join us as we share Christmas favorites with others!
Instead of an evening Youth Christmas Program like we have done in the past, the Christian Education committee will be hosting a Christmas celebration on December 13th during the Christian Education hour between classes. Our festivities will begin at 10:00am and include a Christmas cookie tasting (bring two dozen of your favorite Christmas cookies or goodies to share) and creating Christmas cards for shut ins and service members. Pre-K-3rd grade students will offer a short musical program at 10:30am and the Confirmation class will also be providing a living nativity. Come and join us for this fun filled morning of fellowship, food, and celebration.
High School Christmas Party
This year’s High School Christmas Party will be held on December 16th starting at 7:00pm. Join us for a white elephant exchange, Christmas music, Christmas goodies, and Christmas related games. It will be a night full of fun and fellowship. We look forward to seeing you there!
Children’s Quilts ready to finish
The children’s quilts are in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. In the past these quilts have been given to CAASA, DC Public Health for the New Moms program, LRH for the new babies, Kinship, SL Library, Prospect Hill Presbytery, Full Gospel Mission and the Parkersburg tornado victims. Lap Quilts have been given to Hilltop and Milford Nursing Center. Please help with this project which provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
- Tom Brodie recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Mandy Vicker treating melanoma.
- Cooper Bartels waiting on test results.
- Dean Miller recovering from hypothermia.
- Hannah Poolman recovering from ACL surgery.
- Mark Voss recovering from a blood clot in his leg.
- Stacy Howard who is awaiting the birth of their child.
- Roberta Carlson recovering from hip replacement surgery.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Velma Ashburn recovering from knee surgery.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Marcia Andersen, who is having health concerns.
- Jay Anderson as he await transplants and further recovery.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7pm
- HS Act II – 7:50pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- PW Christmas Luncheon
- Decorating the tree – 10am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:10am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Comm Mtg – 5:15pm
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Sunday School – 10:10am
Adult Sunday School Classes
- Faith in Films ~ led by Jan Bolluyt
- Reformed Faith 101 ~ led by Clint Loveall
Reformed (1st) Service ~
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Annika Stecker
Ushers – Jill Jennings, Kelly Swancutt, Ron Niebruegge & Bob Peterson
Greeter – Les & Marlene Noll
Video Taping – Owen Primavera
Nursery – Amy Webber & Lisa Kraus
Coffee – Steve & Jan Richards
Reforming (2nd) Service ~
Singers – Pressley Cochran-Bray, Anna Coffin, Marissa Sill, Liz Spiker & Ron Williams
Greeter/Usher – Mike May
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill
Nursery – Lindsay VanderWolde