Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
This year we will be supporting another Mission Project. If you would be willing to share a poinsettia ($11) with us and/or donate to this year’s Mission Project, ($15), please contact Cheri in the office at 336-1649. Please let her know if this poinsettia is in memory of, or in honor of someone. The deadline for the sale of poinsettias is Thursday, December 17th at 4pm.
The Presbyterian Women say thank you to all who contributed in many ways to our Christmas luncheon. The women who baked and prepared food, the men who served and did kitchen clean up. You are a blessing to all.
Wednesday, December 16th
Meal: Pizza & Champagne Chicken
Meal Crew: Doug & Barb Johnson
***Recharge Meal Servers Needed***
A sign-up sheet is posted in the narthex and ready for you to sign up to help set up, serve and cleanup for our weekly meals at Recharge (formerly WNF).
The congregation will be sharing Christmas carols with home bound members and those in the nursing homes on December 16th starting at 6:00pm. All students and families are invited to join us for our pizza dinner starting at 5:30pm and join us as we share Christmas favorites with others!
High School Christmas Party
This year’s High School Christmas Party will be held on December 16th starting at 7:00pm. Join us for a white elephant exchange, Christmas music, Christmas goodies, and Christmas related games. For the white elephant exchange, please bring a new or like new gift worth less than $10 wrapped. It will be a night full of fun and fellowship. We look forward to seeing you there!
Christmas Joy Offering
Our Christmas Joy Offering Dedication will be held on Sunday, December 20th during both of our worship services.
Annual Report Deadline
Attention all Committee chairpersons, your committee report for the Annual Report will be due by Monday, December 28th. Thank you in advance.
Children’s Quilts ready to finish
The children’s quilts are in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. In the past these quilts have been given to CAASA, DC Public Health for the New Moms program, LRH for the new babies, Kinship, SL Library, Prospect Hill Presbytery, Full Gospel Mission and the Parkersburg tornado victims. Lap Quilts have been given to Hilltop and Milford Nursing Center. Please help with this project which provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
- Marcia Hill who will be having minor surgery on Thursday.
- Betty Bell recovering from TIA and heart attack.
- To the family of Gene & Brenda Nattress on the passing of their son, Bradley, this past week.
- Tom Brodie recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Mandy Vicker who was misdiagnosed, she has a rare mole not melanoma.
- Cooper Bartels waiting on test results.
- Dean Miller recovering from hypothermia.
- Hannah Poolman recovering from ACL surgery.
- Mark Voss recovering from a blood clot in his leg.
- Roberta Carlson recovering from hip replacement surgery.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Velma Ashburn recovering from knee surgery.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Marcia Andersen, who is having health concerns.
- Jay Anderson as he await transplants and further recovery.
- Recharge Dinner – 5:30pm
- Christmas Caroling – 6pm
- High School Youth Group – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7pm
- No HS Act II
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:10am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Sunday School – 10:10am
Adult Sunday School Classes
- Faith in Films ~ led by Jan Bolluyt
- Reformed Faith 101 ~ led by Clint Loveall
Reformed (1st) Service ~
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – John Knabe
Ushers – Jill Jennings, Kelly Swancutt, Ron Niebruegge & Bob Peterson
Greeter – Les & Marlene Noll
Video Taping – Wes Farmer
Nursery – Breanna Cother & Kelly Stecker
Coffee – Keith & Beryl Marra
Reforming (2nd) Service ~
Singers – Pressley Cochran-Bray, Bart Duncan, Rachelle Gewecke & Brianna Pratt
Greeter/Usher – Mike May
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Nursery – Dana Bolluyt