Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
2015 Year-End Giving
The deadline for the 2015 year-end giving to the church is Thursday, December 31st by noon. Any gifts and pledges received or postmarked after that time will be credited to your 2016 statements.
On Sunday, January 3rd, we will be needing help removing the furniture from the Fireside Room in preparation of new paint and carpet immediately following the 1st Service.
Before you leave, please remember to drop off your winter address, the date you’re leaving and coming back to Cheri in the office. Thank you.
Recharge will resume on Wednesday, January 13th.
Children’s Quilts ready to finish
The children’s quilts are in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. In the past these quilts have been given to CAASA, DC Public Health for the New Moms program, LRH for the new babies, Kinship, SL Library, Prospect Hill Presbytery, Full Gospel Mission and the Parkersburg tornado victims. Lap Quilts have been given to Hilltop and Milford Nursing Center. Please help with this project which provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Confirmation Mentors are Coming!
Mentorship has been the most loved part of our Confirmation program since its inception. It is an incredible time for each student to have a personal connection with an adult disciple of Christ who can journey with them in their final stages of Confirmation. All students are asked to attend class on January 10th (and their parents are invited to join them) when mentors are assigned and the program is explained in greater detail.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Esther Haburn who passed away. Her memorial service will be held on Thursday, December 31st at 10:30am.
- Gene Krueger recovering from stint surgery.
- Emily Stover recovering from an ankle scope.
- Karen Holst who is having health issues.
- Marcia Hill recovering from minor surgery.
- Betty Bell recovering from TIA and heart attack.
- Tom Brodie recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Cooper Bartels waiting on test results.
- Dean Miller recovering from hypothermia.
- Hannah Poolman recovering from ACL surgery.
- Mark Voss recovering from a blood clot in his leg.
- Roberta Carlson recovering from hip replacement surgery.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Velma Ashburn recovering from knee surgery.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Marcia Andersen, who is having health concerns.
- Jay Anderson as he await transplants and further recovery.
- No Recharge
- No High School Youth Group
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7pm
- No HS Act II
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- No Men’s Bible Study
- Esther Haburn Memorial Service – 10:30am
- Office closes at noon
- Happy New Year – office closed
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- No Sunday School
- No Confirmation
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Children’s Sunday School – No Sunday School classes January 3rd.
Adult Sunday School Classes – will resume again on January 10th.
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Carol Armstrong
Ushers – Bernie & Marcia VanRoekel and
Les & Marlene Noll
Greeter – Jim & Jen Watts
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Nursery – Erin Radcliffe & Hannah Brumley
Coffee – Les & Marlene Noll
Reforming (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Pressley Cochran-Bray, Anna Coffin, Bart Duncan
Greeter – Mike May
Nursery – Marissa Sill
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson