Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
Ordination/Installation of Elders & Deacons
All new officers will be ordained/installed on Sunday, January 10th. Officers, please plan to attend.
Annual Congregational Meeting
The Annual Congregational Meeting will be held on Sunday, January 17, 2016 immediately following our Reformed (8:50am) Service. All members are encouraged to attend.
Confirmation Mentors are Coming!
Mentorship has been the most loved part of our Confirmation program since its inception. It is an incredible time for each student to have a personal connection with an adult disciple of Christ who can journey with them in their final stages of Confirmation. All students are asked to attend class on January 10th (and their parents are invited to join them) when mentors are assigned and the program is explained in greater detail.
Church School Snacks
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/ NUT-FREE SNACK LIST has been placed in the library window. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red) are needed in the Cantina for Church School by 9:45am each Sunday morning.
Before you leave, please remember to drop off your winter address, the date you’re leaving and coming back to Cheri in the office. Thank you.
Wednesday, January 13th
Meal: Husband’s Delight
Meal Crew: Volunteers Needed!!!
- True Spirituality by Chip Ingram ~ led by Pam DenHerder
A Modern Girl’s Guide Bible Study Begins again on Wednesday, January 6th
- A Modern Girl’s Guide to Bible Study: A Refreshingly Unique Look at God’s Word by Jen Hatmaker ~ led by Rachelle Gewecke
Recharge Meal Servers Needed
A sign-up sheet is posted in the narthex and ready for you to sign up to help set up, serve and cleanup for our weekly meals at Recharge.
Children’s Quilts ready to finish
The children’s quilts are in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. In the past these quilts have been given to CAASA, DC Public Health for the New Moms program, LRH for the new babies, Kinship, SL Library, Prospect Hill Presbytery, Full Gospel Mission and the Parkersburg tornado victims. Lap Quilts have been given to Hilltop and Milford Nursing Center. Please help with this project which provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Presbyterian Super Bowl Party
The POET committee is planning the 1st annual Presbyterian super bowl party. Larry and Sharee DenHerder have offered to host the party at their home – 2410 Lakeside Ave in the Millers bay area. The super bowl party is February 7, 2016 from 5pm until the game is over. Maidrites and soft drinks will be provided. Please bring a side dish to share and your own drinks if you want something other than soft drinks. There is room for those not interested in the game to socialize separately. Please RSVP on our website or in the office so we know how many to plan for.
- Natasha Nelson recovering from a broken elbow.
- Dave Dreeszen recovering from surgery.
- Judy Jensen recovering from back injury.
- Daniel Stover traveling to and from Tanzania, Africa.
- Gene Krueger recovering from stint surgery.
- Emily Stover recovering from an ankle scope.
- Karen Holst who is having health issues.
- Marcia Hill recovering from minor surgery.
- Betty Bell recovering from TIA and heart attack.
- Tom Brodie recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Cooper Bartels waiting on test results.
- Dean Miller recovering from hypothermia.
- Hannah Poolman recovering from ACL surgery.
- Mark Voss recovering from a blood clot in his leg.
- Roberta Carlson recovering from hip replacement surgery.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Velma Ashburn recovering from knee surgery.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Marcia Andersen, who is having health concerns.
- Jay Anderson as he await transplants and further recovery.
- No Recharge
- A Modern Girl’s Guide Bible Study Begins Wednesday, January 6th – 5:30pm
- No High School Youth Group
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7pm
- No HS Act II
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- PW Coordinating Team Mtg – 5:30pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:10am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Classes resume January 10th at 10:10am
Children’s Sunday School
Adult Sunday School Classes
- Faith in Films – Jan Bolluyt
- Reformed Faith 101 – Clint Loveall
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Youth
Ushers – Bernie & Marcia VanRoekel and
Les & Marlene Noll
Greeter – Jim & Jen Watts
Video Taping – Owen Primavera
Nursery – Sara Fisher & Sarah Kennedy
Coffee – Dayle Broocks & Jan Bowles
Reforming (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Pressley Cochran-Bray, Meghan Humphrey, Liz Spiker & Ron Williams
Greeter – Mike May
Nursery – Lindsay VanderWolde
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill