Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
Ash Wednesday Service
Please join us here at First Presbyterian Church on Wednesday, February 10th for our Ash Wednesday Service at 7pm.
Join us on February 13th for our eighth annual Valentine’s dinner! Like in past years, the high school youth are planning a fantastic meal for our formal evening. Seating is at 5:15 pm and dinner will be served at 5:30pm All are welcome to join us and child care is provided (simply RSVP at sign up or with the church office). Tickets for the event are $15 per person and can be acquired after worship in the Narthex or by contacting Cheri. The table has been set, join us for an elegant evening!
Lenten Bible Study & Soup Supper
Lent through Leviticus…
This year’s topic for our Sunday night Soup and Study during Lent will be the book of Leviticus. Though most often thought of as a weird book full of strange laws (which is kind of true) Leviticus offers us a good opportunity to consider how we find guidance for Godly living, what it means to be obedient and faithful, and the standards God calls us to as His people. The meals are great and the conversations are helpful. We hope you will join us.
Each week includes supper and child care, and there is no cost. Lent is from Sunday, February 14 through March 20, with the soup supper at 4:30pm and a Bible Study from 5:15-6:00pm.
Childcare will be provided in the nursery, please notify us with the number of children. There is a sign-up sheet for food in the Narthex. Each week we need three people to bring soup, one person to bring bread, one person to bring a veggie tray and two people to bring desserts. We hope to see you there. We need two more soups, a veggie tray and another dessert for Sunday, February 14th .
Church School Snacks
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/ NUT-FREE SNACK LIST has been placed in the library window. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red) are needed in the Cantina for Church School by 9:45am each Sunday morning.
Wednesday, February 10th
Meal: Chicken Enchilada Soup
Meal Crew: Dennis & Joyce Colton, Jack & Sherryl Jones, Doug & Barb Johnson
- True Spirituality by Chip Ingram ~ led by Pam DenHerder
- The Book of Mark ~ led by Rachelle Gewecke
- What comes next? Conversation about the changing church in the 21st century? Join us as we explore what many have called the “emerging church.” Discussion will focus on how the church and world have changed in the recent past and what it might mean for the future. ~ Taught by Pastor Clint
Recharge Meal Servers Needed
A sign-up sheet is posted in the narthex and ready for you to sign up to help set up, serve and cleanup for our weekly meals at Recharge.
Children’s Quilts ready to finish
The children’s quilts are in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. In the past these quilts have been given to CAASA, DC Public Health for the New Moms program, LRH for the new babies, Kinship, SL Library, Prospect Hill Presbytery, Full Gospel Mission and the Parkersburg tornado victims. Lap Quilts have been given to Hilltop and Milford Nursing Center. Please help with this project which provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Please pick up your cake pans and bowls from the table in the narthex.
- Our sympathies are extended to Randy & Vonda Buchman on the passing of Randy’s dad, Vern Buchman.
- Our sympathies are extended to Greg & Christy Thompson on the passing of Christy’s dad, Clarence Call.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Natasha Nelson recovering from a broken elbow.
- Dave Dreeszen recovering from surgery.
- Judy Jensen recovering from back injury.
- Gene Krueger recovering from a stroke.
- Emily Stover recovering from an ankle scope.
- Karen Holst who is having health issues.
- Marcia Hill recovering from minor surgery.
- Betty Bell recovering from TIA and heart attack.
- Dean Miller recovering from hypothermia.
- Mark Voss recovering from a blood clot in his leg.
- Roberta Carlson recovering from hip replacement surgery.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- Ash Wednesday Service – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:30pm
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7:30pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Mary Circle Meeting – 9:30am
- Martha Circle Meeting – 6:30pm
- Valentine Dinner – 5:30pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:10am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- HS Act II – 2pm
- Worship Service at Hawkeye – 2pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Comm Meeting – 5:15pm
- No Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Children’s Sunday School
Adult Sunday School Classes
- Passing Down the Faith – various leaders
- New Member Class – Clint Loveall
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Youth
Ushers – Jan Bowles, Edna VanderWolde, Kathleen Johnson & Leo Kofoot
Greeter – Vernice Wahl
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Nursery – Amy Webber & Lisa Kraus
Coffee – Ray Miller & Janice Clark
Reforming (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Pressley Cochran-Bray, Brianna Pratt, Ron Williams
Greeter – Craig Tillotson
Nursery – Amber Lippon
Power Point – Brice Pratt
Sound – Kelly McKeever