Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
It’s time for our next POET dinner. Join us for pizza, chicken, salad, ice cream and fellowship at Godfathers Pizza in Spirit Lake, come around 6:00pm this Thursday, March 3rd. This one even the kids will love!
World Day of Prayer
First Presbyterian Church of Spirit Lake invites your friends, family and members of the community to join us at 1:30pm on Friday, March 4th to celebrate World Day of Prayer. The World Day of Prayer is a worldwide movement of Christian women of many traditions who come together to observe a common day of prayer each year. The host country for WDP 2016 is Cuba. The women of Cuba call us to explore the depths of God’s love and accept the invitation to receive the realm of God as a little child (Mk. 10:13–16). Childcare will be provided. Refreshments will be served following the service.
Thank you all for being such a caring congregation. I am so grateful for your prayers and support during my radiation treatments.
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We have a some families in need of meals, so we are beginning to collect freezer meals again, casseroles or hot dishes here at the church and distribute them to the families in need. At this time we could use a few meals for families of two and three. Thank you in advance!
Lenten Bible Study & Soup Supper
Lent through Leviticus…
This year’s topic for our Sunday night Soup and Study during Lent will be the book of Leviticus. Though most often thought of as a weird book full of strange laws (which is kind of true) Leviticus offers us a good opportunity to consider how we find guidance for Godly living, what it means to be obedient and faithful, and the standards God calls us to as His people. The meals are great and the conversations are helpful. We hope you will join us.
Each week includes supper and child care (please notify us with the number of children) and there is no cost. The Soup Supper begins at 4:30pm followed with a Bible Study from 5:15-6:00pm.
There is a sign-up sheet for food in the Narthex. Each week we need three people to bring soup, one person to bring bread, one person to bring a veggie tray and two people to bring desserts. We hope to see you there.
Church School Snacks
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/ NUT-FREE SNACK LIST has been placed in the library window. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red) are needed in the Cantina for Church School by 9:45am each Sunday morning.
Wednesday, March 2nd
Meal Crew: John & Cindy Knabe & Ellen Williams
More Volunteers Needed!!
Join us for dinner, and following from
6-7pm, come explore some of the talents, hobbies and collections displayed by members of the congregation in Fellowship Hall. No adult classes this week.
Recharge Meal Servers Needed
A sign-up sheet is posted in the narthex and ready for you to sign up to help set up, serve and cleanup for our weekly meals at Recharge.
Children’s Quilts ready to finish
The children’s quilts are in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. In the past these quilts have been given to CAASA, DC Public Health for the New Moms program, LRH for the new babies, Kinship, SL Library, Prospect Hill Presbytery, Full Gospel Mission and the Parkersburg tornado victims. Lap Quilts have been given to Hilltop and Milford Nursing Center. Please help with this project which provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Cherish Center Baby Bottle Campaign: The Baby Bottles are due back to the church.
Please pick up your cake pans and bowls from the table in the narthex.
- John Calsbeek recovering from surgery.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father.
- Bev Cother recovering from surgery on her arm.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Natasha Nelson recovering from a broken elbow.
- Dave Dreeszen recovering from surgery.
- Judy Jensen recovering from back injury.
- Gene Krueger recovering from a stroke.
- Karen Holst who is having health issues.
- Marcia Hill going through radiation treatment.
- Betty Bell recovering from TIA and heart attack.
- Dean Miller recovering from hypothermia.
- Mark Voss recovering from a blood clot in his leg.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- No 2nd Service Rehearsal
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- PW Coordinating Team Mtg – 5:30pm
- World Day of Prayer – 1:30pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:10am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- HS Act II – 2pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Worship Committee Mtg – 5pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Children’s Sunday School
Adult Sunday School Classes
- Passing Down the Faith – various leaders
- New Member Class – Clint Loveall
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Bart Duncan
Ushers – Ryan & Erin Davelaar, Ron Niebruegge & Kelly Swancutt
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Nursery – Dana Kauffman & Hannah Brumley
Coffee – Tom & Deb Ditsworth
Reforming (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Emily Andersen, Kari Bruinsma, Liz Spiker & Liz Steiner
Nursery – Heidi DeMuth
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill