Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
5th/6th Grade the “Good Dinosaur” Movie Night
On Friday, March 11th at 7:30pm join us for Pixar’s latest movie the “Good Dinosaur” on the big screen. There will be lots of movie snacks and even more fun! Bring a friend, there is no cost. Just make sure to RSVP in the office or with Pastor Michael by March 9th.
Again this year, our lilies will have even more meaning. We’ve decided to add to the cost of each lily and use these proceeds to benefit a mission project. So while we celebrate the resurrection, we will also be ministering to those in need. If you purchase the lily alone, the cost is $10.50. If you would like to help benefit a mission project the cost of your lily would be $15.00. Please call Cheri at the church office at 336-1649 to place your order, and please let us know if this is in memory of, or honoring someone. Thank you.
Lunch 4 Kids Benefit Concert
CTI Music Ministries will be providing a free benefit Concert on Friday, March 11 from 7-8:30pm at the Sami Center, Spirit Lake. Freewill donations will be accepted with 100% of the money going to help fund Lunch 4 Kids. (raising funds for local families in need) An account is open at Northwest Bank called Lunch 4 Kids. Donations can be dropped off at the bank in any amount.
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We have a some families in need of meals, so we are beginning to collect freezer meals again, casseroles or hot dishes here at the church and distribute them to the families in need. At this time we could use a few meals for families of two and three. Thank you in advance!
Confirmation students are expected to meet with Session on Tuesday, March 15th at 7:30pm for their profession of faith. Confirmation Sunday will be April 17th.
PW Projects Day
Attention all Women!! Please plan to attend Presbyterian Women Projects Day on Thursday, March 17th from 9:30-noon in the Fellowship Hall. Morning coffee & treats will be provided. This is a fun morning to work on various projects with some great fellowship. If you haven’t attended before, we would love to have you join us.
Lenten Bible Study & Soup Supper
Lent through Leviticus…
This year’s topic for our Sunday night Soup and Study during Lent will be the book of Leviticus. Though most often thought of as a weird book full of strange laws (which is kind of true) Leviticus offers us a good opportunity to consider how we find guidance for Godly living, what it means to be obedient and faithful, and the standards God calls us to as His people. The meals are great and the conversations are helpful. We hope you will join us.
Each week includes supper and child care (please notify us with the number of children) and there is no cost. The Soup Supper begins at 4:30pm followed with a Bible Study from 5:15-6:00pm.
There is a sign-up sheet for food in the Narthex. Each week we need three people to bring soup, one person to bring bread, one person to bring a veggie tray and two people to bring desserts. We hope to see you there.
Church School Snacks
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/ NUT-FREE SNACK LIST has been placed in the library window. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red) are needed in the Cantina for Church School by 9:45am each Sunday morning.
Wednesday, March 9th
Meal: Chicken Noodle Soup
Meal Crew: Rhea Sybesma
More Volunteers Needed!!
- Freezer Meals Class ~ Jane Loveall, Lisa Richter & Amy Benge
- The Book of Mark ~ led by Rachelle Gewecke
- A Guide to the Faith ~ Pastor Clint
Recharge Meal Servers Needed
A sign-up sheet is posted in the narthex and ready for you to sign up to help set up, serve and cleanup for our weekly meals at Recharge.
Children’s Quilts ready to finish
The children’s quilts are in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. In the past these quilts have been given to CAASA, DC Public Health for the New Moms program, LRH for the new babies, Kinship, SL Library, Prospect Hill Presbytery, Full Gospel Mission and the Parkersburg tornado victims. Lap Quilts have been given to Hilltop and Milford Nursing Center. Please help with this project which provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Cherish Center Baby Bottle Campaign: The Baby Bottles are due back to the church.
Please pick up your cake pans and bowls from the table in the narthex.
- John Calsbeek recovering from surgery.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father.
- Bev Cother recovering from surgery on her arm.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Natasha Nelson recovering from a broken elbow.
- Dave Dreeszen recovering from surgery.
- Judy Jensen recovering from back injury.
- Gene Krueger recovering from a stroke.
- Karen Holst who is having health issues.
- Marcia Hill going through radiation treatment.
- Betty Bell recovering from TIA and heart attack.
- Dean Miller recovering from hypothermia.
- Mark Voss recovering from a blood clot in his leg.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- Building & Grounds Comm Mtg – 6:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Mary Circle Meeting – 9:30am
- Martha Circle Meeting – 6:30pm
- 5th & 6th Grade Movie Night – 7:30pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:10am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- HS Act II – 2pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Worship Committee Meeting – 5pm
- Stewardship Comm Mtg – 5:15pm
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Session Meeting – 7pm
- Confirmands meet w/Session – 7:30pm
Children’s Sunday School
Adult Sunday School Classes
- Passing Down the Faith – various leaders
- The Book of James – Clint Loveall
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Youth
Ushers – Ryan & Erin Davelaar, Ron Niebruegge & Kelly Swancutt
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Nursery – Sara Fisher & Sarah Kennedy
Coffee – Les & Marlene Noll
Reforming (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Pressley Cochran-Bray, Anna Coffin, Liz Spiker & Ron Williams
Nursery – Marissa Sill
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson