Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
Time Change for Congregational Meeting
The session has called a congregational meeting for this coming Sunday, and it will be held at 8:40am, BEFORE the Easter service at 8:50. This will disrupt our morning schedule the least and allow members who have plans after church to keep them. If at all possible, please plan to join us for this brief meeting before the service begins. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss and approve the sale of two properties which have been gifted to the church through estate settlements. Thank you. Clint
Again this year, our lilies will have even more meaning. We’ve decided to add to the cost of each lily and use these proceeds to benefit a mission project. So while we celebrate the resurrection, we will also be ministering to those in need. If you purchase the lily alone, the cost is $10.50. If you would like to help benefit a mission project the cost of your lily would be $15.00. Please call Cheri at the church office at 336-1649 to place your order, and please let us know if this is in memory of, or honoring someone. Thank you.
I would like to thank everyone for their cards, visits, thoughts and prayers during my recent hospital stay and recovery.
One Great Hour of Sharing
On Sunday, March 27th, we will be collecting our One Great Hour of Sharing offering during our worship services. One Great Hour of Sharing supports the Presbyterian Hunger Program, Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, and Self-Development of People, enabling them to bring the joy and love of Christ to some of the most vulnerable and desperate people and places around the world. Please give generously.
Nursery Workers Needed
We are searching for more nurturing people to serve in our Nursery during 1st and/or 2nd Service. Please let us know which service you would like to volunteer for when you sign up. To volunteer, please call the office at 336-1649 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We have a some families in need of meals, so we are beginning to collect freezer meals again, casseroles or hot dishes here at the church and distribute them to the families in need. At this time we could use a few meals for families of two and three. Thank you in advance!
Church School Snacks
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/ NUT-FREE SNACK LIST has been placed in the library window. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red) are needed in the Cantina for Church School by 9:45am each Sunday morning.
Wednesday, March 23rd
Meal: Husbands Delight
Meal Crew: Karey Winkel, Jack & Sherryl Jones, Doug & Barb Johnson
- Freezer Meals Class ~ Jane Loveall, Lisa Richter & Amy Benge
- The Book of Mark ~ led by Rachelle Gewecke
- A Guide to the Faith ~ Pastor Clint
Recharge Meal Servers Needed
A sign-up sheet is posted in the narthex and ready for you to sign up to help set up, serve and cleanup for our weekly meals at Recharge.
POET Dinner in April
The POET Committee is very excited about our first attempt at an event that is more than just dinner! Iowa Lakes Community College will be performing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in April. We would love to support this production and the many connections here at First Presbyterian. Joseph – Tyler Jenness; Brothers & Wives – Spencer Carlson, Maxine Butler, Doug Stueven & Serena Lynch; Orchestra – Gary Lambert, David Boon & Tracy Anderson; Costume Designer & helpers – Lynn Peterson, Cindy Knabe & Ruth Nolting; Director – Carol Ayres Stueven. While you can attend any of the performances, we would like to invite everyone to the dinner theatre night.
Sat, April 9 – 5:30 p.m., ILCC Cafeteria
Menu: Lettuce Salad / Relish Tray, Prime Rib, Tilapia, Chicken Breast (choice) must indicate choice at time of ticket order, Baked Potato, Green Bean Almandine, Roll / Drink / Dessert
Cost: for Dinner Theatre and musical performance Pre-school through Grade 12: $23 ($6 for musical ticket + $17 dinner) Adults: $30.00 ($13 for musical ticket + $17 dinner). Tickets will be at the door under your name and must be paid in advance. Call Linda Kautz, music office assistant, at 712-362-8345 to make reservations (you may have to leave a call back number) Doors open at 7pm, performance at 7:30pm in the Iowa Lakes Gym, Estherville campus. Please get your tickets ASAP. They are expecting to sell out. Let Linda know you are with the First Presbyterian group.
Interested in becoming a member of First Presbyterian?
On Sunday, April 24th, there will be a New Members’ Recognition for those of you who have recently joined the church but have not been publicly recognized. If you have decided to join the church, but have not yet completed the necessary paperwork, we invite you to stop in the church office and complete the required forms so that we can include you in the April 24th recognition. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the church office.
Please pick up your cake pans and bowls from the kitchen.
- Dennis Colton who is having some health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Dave Dreeszen recovering from surgery.
- Judy Jensen recovering from back injury.
- Gene Krueger recovering from a stroke.
- Marcia Hill going through radiation treatment.
- Dean Miller recovering from hypothermia.
- Mark Voss recovering from a blood clot in his leg.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Maundy Thursday Service – 7pm
- Good Friday Service – 7pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- No Sunday School
- No Confirmation
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- No HS Act II
- Worship Service at Welcov – 2:45pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Children’s Sunday School
Adult Sunday School Classes
- Passing Down the Faith – various leaders
- The Book of James – Clint Loveall
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Ron Williams
Ushers – Ryan & Erin Davelaar, Ron Niebruegge & Kelly Swancutt
Greeters – Mavis Palmer & Joy Albert
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Nursery – Erin Radcliffe & Angie Peterson
Coffee – Jerry & Dorothy Ingvall
Reforming (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Bart Duncan, Meghan Humphrey, Marissa Sill & Liz Spiker
Nursery – Kari Bruinsma
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill