Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
First Presbyterian Church Spring Clean Up Day
The Building & Grounds Committee will be having the Spring Clean Up Day here at the church on Saturday, May 7th* from 9:00 am – noon. They are looking for help with cleaning up trash, washing the windows, weed pulling, garden clean-up, and removing of dead shrubs and bushes. They need your help – no special skills required! Men and women are welcome!
*If weather is bad, the clean up day will be rescheduled for the following Saturday, May 14th.
WANTED: MALE VOICES to join the men’s chorus singing at the Mother’s Day Service on May 8. We will be practicing on Wednesday April 27 and again on May 4 at 8:30 p.m.
Come & Go Bridal Shower
You’re invited to a “Come & Go” Bridal Shower for Katie Rees, bride-to-be of Chris Luinstra on April 30th, 2-4pm here at First Presbyterian Church. Please bring a favorite recipe to share. If interested, the couple is registered at Target, WalMart & Mary’s Antiques & Gifts.
ILCC Handbell Choir Concert
Everyone is invited to attend the Iowa Lakes Community College Handbell Choir Concert on Sunday, May 1st at 7pm. The concert will be held here at First Presbyterian Church. Freewill donation, proceeds will help purchase new handbells and chimes.
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We have a some families in need of meals, so we are beginning to collect freezer meals again, casseroles or hot dishes here at the church and distribute them to the families in need. At this time we could use a few meals for families of two and three. Thank you in advance!
Upper Des Moines Food Pantry
The congregations of our county take turns supporting the Upper Des Moines Opportunity Food Pantry. Long ago it was decided by the churches that the county would be best served by having this pantry. Our congregation has the opportunity to provide to the pantry for the months of April and October. Please consider donating your items during the month of April. Items may be placed in the wagon in the Narthex. Monetary gifts are welcome as well.
Pictures of Mom
On Sunday, May 8th, we will be honoring all moms for Mother’s Day. Please bring us your favorite picture of “Mom” to be presented in a slide show presentation on Mother’s Day.
POET Dinner Outing
The next POET event is pizza and bowling! We will meet on May 14th at Godfather’s Pizza at 6 p.m. Following supper, we will head to Corner Lanes for bowling at 7 p.m. You can come to one or the other or both. Bring the entire family! Please RSVP for bowling (on the church website or in the office) so we have enough lanes reserved.
Please pick up your cake pans and bowls from the kitchen.
- Our sympathies are extended to Steve & Marilyn Grice on the passing of Marilyn’s Step-Mom, Merna Johnson.
- Dean Poyzer recovering from pneumonia.
- Marj Roseberry recovering from hip surgery.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from a work accident.
- Eric Avery fighting brain cancer.
- Matt Jennings recovering from pneumonia.
- Clyde Gerth dealing with health issues.
- Velma Ashburn dealing with health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Dave Dreeszen recovering from surgery.
- Gene Krueger recovering from a stroke.
- Dean Miller recovering from hypothermia.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- HS Act II – 2pm
- ILCC Handbell Concert – 7pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Worship Comm Mtg – 5:30pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Children’s Sunday School ~ 10:10am
Adult Sunday School Classes
- Faith & Modern Science – Roger Lahm
- The Book of James – Clint Loveall
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Erin Davelaar
Ushers – Dennis & Joyce Colton and Dave & Nancy Dau
Greeters – Phyllis Walburg & Bernice Steele
Video Taping – Owen Primavera
Nursery – Kyley Anderson & Erin Radcliffe
Coffee – Edna VanderWolde & Jan Bowles
Reformed (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Bart Duncan, Marissa Sill & Liz Steiner
Greeter – Mike May
Nursery – Lindsay Vanderwolde
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill