Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
First Presbyterian Church Spring Clean Up Day
The Building & Grounds Committee will be having the Spring Clean Up Day here at the church on Saturday, May 7th* from 9:00 am – noon. They are looking for help with cleaning up trash, washing the windows, weed pulling, garden clean-up, and removing of dead shrubs and bushes. They need your help – no special skills required! Men and women are welcome!
*If weather is bad, the clean up day will be rescheduled for the following Saturday, May 14th.
WANTED: MALE VOICES to join the men’s chorus singing at the Mother’s Day Service on May 8. We will be practicing on Wednesday April 27 and again on May 4 at 8:30 p.m.
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We have a some families in need of meals, so we are beginning to collect freezer meals again, casseroles or hot dishes here at the church and distribute them to the families in need. At this time we could use a few meals for families of two and three. Thank you in advance!
Pictures of Mom
On Sunday, May 8th, we will be honoring all moms for Mother’s Day. Please bring us your favorite picture of “Mom” to be presented in a slide show presentation on Mother’s Day.
High School Year End Cookout (8th-12th):
This year’s 8th grade through graduating seniors are invited to join Pastor Michael and the E5 team on Wednesday May 11th at 6:30pm at 338 Hill Ave for a special cookout and yard games in place of our regular youth group hour. Make sure to bring a lawn chair, your favorite lawn games, come hungry, and ready for an amazing night of fun and fellowship. No RSVP is required.
POET Dinner Outing
The next POET event is pizza and bowling! We will meet on May 14th at Godfather’s Pizza at 6 p.m. Following supper, we will head to Corner Lanes for bowling at 7 p.m. You can come to one or the other or both. Bring the entire family! Please RSVP for bowling (on the church website or in the office) so we have enough lanes reserved.
High School Study Break:
Finals got you down? Join us on Wednesday May 18th from 6:45-8:00pm for a study break and snacks as you finish studying for your final exams!
Graduate Recognition & Sky Zone (8th-12th):
Congratulations seniors! You are invited to join us for our graduate recognition on Sunday, May 15th during the first service. Please be sure to bring your family with you to worship in the 8:50am service that Sunday and stay after for the fellowship hour reception as we celebrate with you.
In addition, all 8th-12 grade students are invited to travel with us to Sioux Falls for our annual Spring SkyZone trip. We will leave from the church at the same Sunday (May 15th) at 10:30am and return no later than 5:00pm. We will have 1 1/2 hours of jump time at SkyZone with time left for a trip to the Sioux Falls mall. Registration is $20 per student and all students must be registered through our website no later than May 11th. Register on our website today! (All expenses are covered except the student’s lunch in the food court at the mall.)
All Military personnel, past and present, will be honored on Sunday, May 29th during a slide show presentation.
Please bring in or email your photos to email@example.com
Please pick up your cake pans and bowls from the kitchen.
- Lon Noble recovering after being treated at the Heart Hospital.
- Laureen Andersen suffering with back issues.
- Tom Gruber suffering with health issues.
- Dean Poyzer recovering from pneumonia.
- Marj Roseberry recovering from hip surgery.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from a work accident.
- Eric Avery fighting brain cancer.
- Clyde Gerth dealing with health issues.
- Velma Ashburn dealing with health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Dave Dreeszen recovering from surgery.
- Gene Krueger recovering from a stroke.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- Building & Grounds Committee Mtg – 6:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- PW Coordinating Team Mtg – 5:30pm
- FPC Spring Clean-Up Day
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- HS Act II – 2pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Membership Committee Mtg – 1:30pm
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Sunday School and Adult Education Classes
will resume in the fall.
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Rick Reinking
Ushers – Dennis & Joyce Colton and Dave & Nancy Dau
Greeters – Phyllis Walburg & Bernice Steele
Video Taping – Wes Farmer
Nursery – Hannah Brumley & Heather Sprague
Coffee – Tom & Deb Ditsworth
Reformed (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Pressley Cochran-Bray, Anna Coffin, Liz Spiker & Ron Williams
Greeter – Clint Profit
Nursery – Dana Bolluyt
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Read Your Newsletter Here