Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
(Weather Change) High School Year End Cookout (8th-12th) :
This year’s 8th grade through graduating seniors are invited to join Pastor Michael and the E5 team on Wednesday May 11th at 6:30pm in the church fellowship hall for a special cookout and night games in place of our regular youth group hour. Come hungry, and ready for an amazing night of fun and fellowship! No RSVP is required.
POET Dinner Outing
The next POET event is pizza and bowling! We will meet on May 14th at Godfather’s Pizza at 6 p.m. Following supper, we will head to Corner Lanes for bowling at 7 p.m. You can come to one or the other or both. Bring the entire family! Please RSVP for bowling (on the church website or in the office) so we have enough lanes reserved.
Graduate Recognition & Sky Zone (8th-12th):
Congratulations seniors! You are invited to join us for our graduate recognition on Sunday, May 15th during the first service. Please be sure to bring your family with you to worship in the 8:50am service that Sunday and stay after for the fellowship hour reception as we celebrate with you.
In addition, all 8th-12 grade students are invited to travel with us to Sioux Falls for our annual Spring SkyZone trip. We will leave from the church at the same Sunday (May 15th) at 10:30am and return no later than 5:00pm. We will have 1 1/2 hours of jump time at SkyZone with time left for a trip to the Sioux Falls mall. Registration is $20 per student and all students must be registered through our website no later than May 11th. Register on our website today! (All expenses are covered except the student’s lunch in the food court at the mall.)
High School Study Break:
Finals got you down? Join us on Wednesday May 18th from 6:45-8:00pm for a study break and snacks as you finish studying for your final exams!
All Military personnel, past and present, will be honored on Sunday, May 29th during a slide show presentation.
Please bring in or email your photos to email@example.com
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We have a some families in need of meals, so we are beginning to collect freezer meals again, casseroles or hot dishes here at the church and distribute them to the families in need. At this time we could use a few meals for families of two and three. Thank you in advance!
Pictures of Dad
On Sunday, June 19th we will be honoring all dads on Father’s Day. Please bring us or email us your favorite picture of “Dad” to be presented in a slide show presentation on Father’s Day.
Pastor Clint will be riding the Okoboji 200 again this year to raise money for sex trafficking relief in Iowa and Nepal. This is a bigger problem in our state than anyone would want to admit and is an accepted but horrible reality in many parts of the world. Any donation is appreciated and can be made online at https://www.crowdrise.com/clint-loveall—ok200-2016/fundraiser/clintloveall
Your support and encouragement is appreciated, and please pray for tailwinds on June 24th!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
Presbyterian Women are planning a Rummage Sale On June 24th & 25th. They will be looking for sale items, baked goods and helpers. More info will be provided in the June/July Newsletter.
Please pick up your cake pans and bowls from the kitchen.
- Lon Noble recovering after being treated at the Heart Hospital.
- Laureen Andersen suffering with back issues.
- Tom Gruber suffering with health issues.
- Dean Poyzer recovering from pneumonia.
- Marj Roseberry recovering from hip surgery.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from a work accident.
- Eric Avery fighting brain cancer.
- Clyde Gerth dealing with health issues.
- Velma Ashburn dealing with health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Dave Dreeszen recovering from surgery.
- Gene Krueger recovering from a stroke.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- High School Cook Out – 6:30pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Mary Circle Meeting – 9:30am
- Martha Circle Meeting – 6:30pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Graduate Reception – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- HS Act II – 2pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Committee Meeting – 5:15pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Sunday School and Adult Education Classes
will resume in the fall.
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – John Knabe
Ushers – Dennis & Joyce Colton and Dave & Nancy Dau
Greeters – Phyllis Walburg & Bernice Steele
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Nursery – June Howatt & April Krull
Coffee – Jack & Margie Burrell
Reformed (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Pressley Cochran-Bray, Bart Duncan & Meghan Humphrey
Greeter – Clint Profit
Nursery – Marissa Sill
Power Point –
Read Your Newsletter Here