Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
Open House Send Off
On Sunday, May 22nd you are invited to an Open House Send-off for Josh and Liz Spiker at Cherish House. The Open House will be held from 2-4pm in the afternoon. Come have some dessert and wish the Spikers well on their new (international) adventure!
A BIG Thank You to everyone who donated to our recent food drive. The Deacons delivered 78 bags with a total of over 500 lbs to UDMO Food Pantry and another 28 bags were delivered to Spirit Life Fellowship Food Pantry. Both food pantries were shocked at how much we collected. They were graciously thankful for everyone’s generosity. Your donations will touch the lives of many in our community.
Updated Directory Page Available
We have compiled the pictures and information of our new members since our last directory, and they are in a stand in the library window available to pick up.
Men & Women’s Bible Study ~Taking the Summer Off
For the men and women who attend the bible studies on Tuesday & Thursday, they have decided to takr the summer off. See you next fall.
High School Study Break:
Finals got you down? Join us on Wednesday May 18th from 6:45-8:00pm for a study break. We are going to make homemade cookies (you choose the fillings), having fun, and even making some deliveries to church members. Go ahead, take a break before you finish studying for those final exams!
All Military personnel, past and present, will be honored on Sunday, May 29th during a slide show presentation.
Please bring in or email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We have a some families in need of meals, so we are beginning to collect freezer meals again, casseroles or hot dishes here at the church and distribute them to the families in need. At this time we could use a few meals for families of two and three. Thank you in advance!
Pictures of Dad
On Sunday, June 19th we will be honoring all dads on Father’s Day. Please bring us or email us your favorite picture of “Dad” to be presented in a slide show presentation on Father’s Day.
Pastor Clint will be riding the Okoboji 200 again this year to raise money for sex trafficking relief in Iowa and Nepal. This is a bigger problem in our state than anyone would want to admit and is an accepted but horrible reality in many parts of the world. Any donation is appreciated and can be made online at https://www.crowdrise.com/clint-loveall—ok200-2016/fundraiser/clintloveall
Your support and encouragement is appreciated, and please pray for tailwinds on June 24th!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
Presbyterian Women are planning a Rummage Sale On June 24th & 25th. They will be looking for sale items, baked goods and helpers. More info will be provided in the June/July Newsletter.
Our Daily Bread Devotionals
The June, July, August Our Daily Bread devotionals are here. You may pick up your devotional from the library window or the table by the office door.
Please pick up your cake pans and bowls from the kitchen.
- Lee Struthers suffering with leukemia.
- Lon Noble recovering after being treated at the Heart Hospital.
- Laureen Andersen suffering with back issues.
- Tom Gruber suffering with health issues.
- Dean Poyzer recovering from pneumonia.
- Marj Roseberry recovering from hip surgery.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from a work accident.
- Eric Avery fighting brain cancer.
- Clyde Gerth dealing with health issues.
- Velma Ashburn dealing with health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Dave Dreeszen recovering from surgery.
- Gene Krueger recovering from a stroke.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- High School Youth Group Ends – 6:45pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- HS Act II – 2pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Sunday School and Adult Education Classes
will resume in the fall.
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Kelly Swancutt
Ushers – Dennis & Joyce Colton and Dave & Nancy Dau
Greeters – Phyllis Walburg & Bernice Steele
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Nursery – Angie Peterson & Amy Profit
Coffee – Larry & Sharee DenHerder
Reformed (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Pressley Cochran-Bray, Bart Duncan, Brianna Pratt & Liz Spiker
Nursery – Stacy Howard
Power Point – Brice Pratt
Sound – Kelly McKeever
Read Your Newsletter Here