Your Weekly Update
Pre-K-4th Grades are invited to attend Children’s Church during the Reformed Worship Service at 8:50am in June. After Children’s Time, the kids will follow the adult and youth leaders to the Education wing for a time of Bible lessons, music, craft and games. Once worship is over, they will enjoy snack time while the adults are having their coffee and fellowship time. During the summer months, there will not be regular Children’s Church School following Worship. Classes will resume in the Fall.
Okoboji 200 Bike Ride
We are still in need of housing for the bike riders from the Okoboji 200. Please contact the office if you would be willing to house someone from the ride. Call 336-1649 or email us at email@example.com
Women’s Bible Study
The Women’s Bible Study held on Wednesday evenings at 6pm will continue through the summer. They will be studying 1 & 2 Peter, and will continue to be led by Rachelle Gewecke.
Birthday Party at Hawkeye
Mary Circle of PW is hosting the June Birthday Party at Hawkeye Care Center on Thursday, June 9th at 1:30pm. If you would like to join us, please call the church office at 336-1649.
Annual Mary/Martha Circle Picnic
All Mary and Martha Circle members, our Pastors and their families are invited to the Annual Mary/Martha Circle Picnic on Thursday, June 9th at Elinor Bedell State Park at 6pm. Please bring a dish to pass, a drink and tableware. Any new members and families are welcome to attend.
June 13th – 7th-8th Varsity Baseball Game & Tailgate (6:30-8:30pm)
Next year’s 7th-8th grades are invited to come to the Spirit Lake High School baseball field when the Indians host the Emmetsburg E-Hawks. Make sure to arrive to the ballfield no later than 6:30pm. Game snacks will be included and there is no cost for registration.
June 24th ***Date Change***- 5th-6th Grade Arnolds Park & Bob’s Night (1:00pm-5:30pm)
Next year’s 5th-6th grades are invited to come to Arnolds Park from 1:00pm-5:30pm (we will meet right by the museum). We will spend the afternoon at Arnolds Park riding rides and will finish the night with hot dogs at Bob’s. There is no cost for registration but please be sure to bring season tickets to the park if you have them. We look forward to seeing you there!
July POET Outing
The next POET outing will take place at Okoboji View on Sunday, July 10th with golf and dinner or either one. Golf begins at 3:30pm and will be 2 person best shot 9 holes at $20/person plus tax. Dinner to follow at 6pm with a choice of steak or chicken breast, salad bar, baked potato and dinner roll for $19, which includes tax and tip.You may go to our website at www.fpcspiritlake.org or call the office at 336-1649 to sign up.
- Jen Watts who will be having gall bladder surgery on Thursday.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family and friends of Helen Gerth on the passing of her husband, Clyde.
- Nadine Hough recovering from ankle surgery at c/o Newalldaya, 7511 University Ave., Cedar Falls, IA 50613.
- Lee Struthers suffering with leukemia.
- Lon Noble recovering after being treated at the Heart Hospital.
- Laureen Andersen suffering with back issues.
- Tom Gruber suffering with health issues.
- Dean Poyzer recovering from pneumonia.
- Marj Roseberry recovering from hip surgery.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from a work accident.
- Eric Avery fighting brain cancer.
- Velma Ashburn dealing with health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Dave Dreeszen recovering from surgery.
- Gene Krueger recovering from a stroke.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- Women’s Bible Study – 6pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- PW Birthday Party at Hawkeye Care Center – 1`:30pm
- Annual Mary/Martha Circle Picnic at Elinor Bedell State Park – 6pm
- HS Act II – 2pm
- PW Sewing
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- 7th & 8th Graders, Varsity Baseball Game & Tailgate – 6:30pm
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Blaine Strampe
Ushers – Roger & Karen Lahm, Gene Ringsdorf & Marcia Eckerman
Greeters – Kieth Tadlock & Bob Peterson
Video Taping – Wes Farmer
Nursery – Breanna Cother & Kelly Stecker
Coffee – Ray Miller & Janice Clark
Reformed (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Emily Andersen, Pressley Cochran-Bray, Bart Duncan & Brianna Pratt
Greeter – Cochran-Bray family
Nursery – Sarah Dirks
Power Point – Brice Pratt
Sound – Kelly McKeever
Read Your Newsletter Here