Your Weekly Update
Best Wishes on Your Move Bart
We would like to take this opportunity to thank Bart Duncan for all he has done for the church and wish him the best as he is moving to Flagstaff, AZ. If you have a card or gift that you would like to give Bart and don’t catch him before he leaves, check with us or drop it off at the church and we will make sure to pass it on to him. We will miss you Bart!
VBS Pre-Registration is available!
This year’s VBS will be held from Monday through Thursday on August 8th-11th from 1:00pm-5:00pm each day. Pre-register by July 10th and you will save $2 per student who attends! This year, for your convenience, you can also choose to pay for your registration online. Pre-register today!
Women’s Bible Study
The Women’s Bible Study held on Wednesday evenings at 6pm will continue through the summer. They will be studying 1 & 2 Peter, and will continue to be led by Rachelle Gewecke.
Brainstorming Meeting…We Need Your Input
We are looking for a few hungry creative people to come together and brainstorm/share ideas to help us plan our Fall Harvest Soup/Sandwich/Dessert Supper! It is on the church calendar for Wednesday, October 12th, a little over 3 months away. If you have some great soup recipes, some good ideas for what goes with a warm bowl of soup, a sandwich and dessert, or simply love to eat, we would love to have you come and help us plan the details of this event. We will be meeting on Wednesday, July 6th at 6:30 PM in Fellowship Hall. If you like, bring your favorite soup recipes and any other great ideas, or just come and help us plan our first annual Fall Harvest Soup Supper! We would love to have your input and expertise! Questions? Call Cheri @ church 336-1649 or 330-6668.
Action Group for Communications and Marketing
We need to enhance our marketing and communications with our members, visitors, and the general public. We will work with the staff on the web site and other internet possibilities, coordinate bulletin covers with a sermon series, and make greater use of our electronic message board. There is a need to increase the attendance at the second service and let people know of the opportunity to attend a contemporary worship service.
Contact Steve Lindeberg if interested in this action group at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission Trip Parent/Student Meeting
All parents and those participating in the Triennium mission trip are asked to join Pastor Michael on July 10th at 7pm in the Fellowship Hall for a short informational meeting. We will discuss the trip’s itinerary, service projects, packing list, expectations and more. Please make sure to add the short informational meeting to your calendars and we look forward to seeing you there!
July POET Outing
The next POET outing will take place at Okoboji View on Sunday, July 10th with golf and dinner or either one. Golf begins at 3:30pm and will be 2 person best shot 9 holes at $20/person plus tax. Dinner to follow at 6pm with a choice of steak or chicken breast, salad bar, baked potato and dinner roll for $19, which includes tax and tip.You may go to our website at www.fpcspiritlake.org or call the office at 336-1649 to sign up.
July 14th – High School DQ & Movie Night at the Geweckes’ (8-11pm)
We will meet at the DQ at 8pm, get ice cream, return to the Gewecke’s and watch a movie. Registration is not required and there is no cost, so just stop on by, we look forward to seeing you then!
July 16th-23rd- High School Youth Triennium Trip
July 28th – High School Video Game Night at the Geweckes’ (8-11pm)
We will be playing group party console games. You probably haven’t heard of them yet but you won’t be able to put them down at the end of the night, I promise. Once again, we will have a night full of snacks, fellowship, and party game fun! Boys and girls are invited so don’t miss out!
- Gayle Raymond who is dealing with some health issues.
- Kieth Tadlock diagnosed with skin cancer.
- Mary Zierke suffering with terminal pancreatic cancer.
- Jen Watts recovering from gall bladder surgery.
- Nadine Hough recovering from ankle surgery at c/o Newalldaya, 7511 University Ave., Cedar Falls, IA 50613.
- Lee Struthers suffering with leukemia.
- Lon Noble recovering after being treated at the Heart Hospital.
- Laureen Andersen suffering with back issues.
- Tom Gruber suffering with health issues.
- Dean Poyzer recovering from pneumonia.
- Marj Roseberry recovering from hip surgery.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from a work accident.
- Eric Avery fighting brain cancer.
- Velma Ashburn dealing with health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Dave Dreeszen recovering from surgery.
- Gene Krueger recovering from a stroke.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- Women’s Bible Study – 6pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- No PW Sewing (Office Closed)
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Dennis Colton
Ushers – Jay & Karri Anderson, Kyley, Hannah & Cole and John Calsbeek
Greeters – Larry & Sharee DenHerder
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Nursery – Heather Sprague & June Howatt
Coffee – Jim & Mary Quitno
Reformed (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Jeremiah Clay, Pressley Cochran-Bray, Bart Duncan & Liz Steiner
Greeter/Usher – Jon & Amy Stover
Nursery – Lindsay VanderWolde
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Read Your Newsletter Here