Your Weekly Update
Brainstorming Meeting…We Need Your Input
We are looking for a few hungry creative people to come together and brainstorm/share ideas to help us plan our Fall Harvest Soup/Sandwich/Dessert Supper! It is on the church calendar for Wednesday, October 12th, a little over 3 months away. If you have some great soup recipes, some good ideas for what goes with a warm bowl of soup, a sandwich and dessert, or simply love to eat, we would love to have you come and help us plan the details of this event. We will be meeting on Wednesday, July 6th at 6:30 PM in Fellowship Hall. If you like, bring your favorite soup recipes and any other great ideas, or just come and help us plan our first annual Fall Harvest Soup Supper! We would love to have your input and expertise! Questions? Call Cheri @ church 336-1649 or 330-6668.
VBS Pre-Registration is available!
This year’s VBS will be held from Monday through Thursday on August 8th-11th from 1:00pm-5:00pm each day. Pre-register by July 10th and you will save $2 per student who attends! This year, for your convenience, you can also choose to pay for your registration online. Pre-register today!
Martha Circle Ladies
We are scheduled for our Bingo party with the residents at PRIDE GROUP of OKOBOJI, for Wednesday, July 20th at 1:00 PM. All we have to do is sit with the residents and help them with their BINGO cards. (Most are very capable of playing by themselves, but we try to help monitor their cards!) We play until everyone has won (approximately 45 min. to an hour) then we will serve refreshments to them. Please contact Charlene Radcliffe at 330-6668 if you are able to join them.
Women’s Bible Study
The Women’s Bible Study held on Wednesday evenings at 6pm will continue through the summer. They will be studying 1 & 2 Peter, and will continue to be led by Rachelle Gewecke.
Action Group for Communications and Marketing
We need to enhance our marketing and communications with our members, visitors, and the general public. We will work with the staff on the web site and other internet possibilities, coordinate bulletin covers with a sermon series, and make greater use of our electronic message board. There is a need to increase the attendance at the second service and let people know of the opportunity to attend a contemporary worship service.
Contact Steve Lindeberg if interested in this action group at email@example.com
Mission Trip Parent/Student Meeting
All parents and those participating in the Triennium mission trip are asked to join Pastor Michael on July 10th at 7pm in the Fellowship Hall for a short informational meeting. We will discuss the trip’s itinerary, service projects, packing list, expectations and more. Please make sure to add the short informational meeting to your calendars and we look forward to seeing you there!
July POET Outing
The July POET outing has been post-poned. A new date will be set soon.
July 14th – High School DQ & Movie Night at the Geweckes’ (8-11pm)
We will meet at the DQ at 8pm, get ice cream, return to the Gewecke’s and watch a movie. Registration is not required and there is no cost, so just stop on by, we look forward to seeing you then!
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Nick Hass on his passing this past week.
- Amy Tanner suffering with a brain bleed.
- Gayle Raymond who is dealing with some health issues.
- Kieth Tadlock diagnosed with skin cancer.
- Mary Zierke suffering with terminal pancreatic cancer.
- Nadine Hough recovering from ankle surgery and is now home.
- Lee Struthers suffering with leukemia.
- Laureen Andersen suffering with back issues.
- Tom Gruber suffering with health issues.
- Marj Roseberry recovering from hip surgery.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from a work accident.
- Eric Avery fighting brain cancer.
- Velma Ashburn dealing with health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- No Women’s Bible Study
- Fall Harvest Supper Brainstorming Meeting – 6:30pm
- No 2nd Service Rehearsal
- Mission Committee Meeting – 6pm
- Mission Trip Parent/Student Meeting – 7pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- No Deacons Meeting
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Margie Burrell
Ushers – Jay & Karri Anderson, Kyley, Hannah & Cole and John Calsbeek
Greeters – Larry & Sharee DenHerder
Video Taping – Owen Primavera
Nursery – April Krull & Angie Peterson
Coffee – Edna VanderWolde & Jan Bowles
Reformed (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Pressley Cochran-Bray, Marissa Sill & Ron Williams
Nursery – Dana Bolluyt
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill
Read Your Newsletter Here