Your Weekly Update
July 14th – High School DQ & Movie Night at the Geweckes’ (8-11pm)
We will meet at the DQ at 8pm, get ice cream, return to the Gewecke’s and watch National Treasure. Registration is not required and there is no cost, so just stop on by, we look forward to seeing you then!
VBS Registration is available!
This year’s VBS will be held from Monday through Thursday on August 8th-11th from 1:00pm-5:00pm each day. This year, for your convenience, you can also choose to pay for your registration online. Register today!
Okoboji Foundation Donation
During the month of July, the Okoboji Foundation will be giving $5000 to the organization which generates the most donations among its clients, which includes First Presbyterian Church. For additional information, you can check http://www.okobojifoundation.org/#!donate-now/c1xji, or contact John Ziegenbusch or Pastor Clint.
Martha Circle Ladies
We are scheduled for our Bingo party with the residents at PRIDE GROUP of OKOBOJI, for Wednesday, July 20th at 1:00 PM. All we have to do is sit with the residents and help them with their BINGO cards. (Most are very capable of playing by themselves, but we try to help monitor their cards!) We play until everyone has won (approximately 45 min. to an hour) then we will serve refreshments to them. Please contact Charlene Radcliffe at 330-6668 if you are able to join them.
Women’s Bible Study
The Women’s Bible Study held on Wednesday evenings at 6pm will continue through the summer. They will be studying 1 & 2 Peter, and will continue to be led by Rachelle Gewecke.
Action Group for Communications and Marketing
We need to enhance our marketing and communications with our members, visitors, and the general public. We will work with the staff on the web site and other internet possibilities, coordinate bulletin covers with a sermon series, and make greater use of our electronic message board. There is a need to increase the attendance at the second service and let people know of the opportunity to attend a contemporary worship service.
Contact Steve Lindeberg if interested in this action group at email@example.com
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Ernie Poyzer on the passing of his wife Sandee.
- Bev Butler recovering from surgery.
- Amy Tanner suffering with a brain bleed.
- Gayle Raymond who is dealing with some health issues.
- Kieth Tadlock diagnosed with skin cancer.
- Mary Zierke suffering with terminal pancreatic cancer.
- Nadine Hough recovering from ankle surgery and is now home.
- Lee Struthers suffering with leukemia.
- Laureen Andersen suffering with back issues.
- Tom Gruber suffering with health issues.
- Marj Roseberry recovering from hip surgery.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from a work accident.
- Eric Avery fighting brain cancer.
- Velma Ashburn dealing with health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- Women’s Bible Study – 6pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Foster Care Review Board – 8am
- High School DQ & Movie Night at Gewecke’s – 8pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Committee Meeting – 5:15pm
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Kris Oldson
Ushers – Jay & Karri Anderson, Kyley, Hannah & Cole and John Calsbeek
Greeters – Larry & Sharee DenHerder
Video Taping – Wes Farmer
Nursery – Amy Profit & Laurie Steinkuehler
Coffee – Jack & Margie Burrell
Reformed (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Jeremiah Clay, Pressley Cochran-Bray & Anna Coffin
Greeter/Usher – Brad, Teresa, Ella, McKenna & Olivia Beck
Nursery – Marissa Sill
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Read Your Newsletter Here