Your Weekly Update
High School Video Game Night at the Geweckes’
On Thursday, July 28th we will be playing group party console games from 8-11pm. You probably haven’t heard of them yet but you won’t be able to put them down at the end of the night, I promise. Once again, we will have a night full of snacks, fellowship, and party game fun! Boys and girls are invited so don’t miss out!
VBS Registration is available!
This year’s VBS will be held from Monday through Thursday on August 8th-11th from 1:00pm-5:00pm each day. This year, for your convenience, you can also choose to pay for your registration online. Register today!
Donations Needed for Fire Victim
First Presbyterian Church is accepting donations for James Hupman who lost his home due to a fire this last week. We will be collecting shirts and pants for this gentleman. M/L shirts and 33×33 or 34×34 pants. Thank you in advance. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Krogman at 615.406.0003.
Okoboji Foundation Donation
During the month of July, the Okoboji Foundation will be giving $5000 to the organization which generates the most donations among its clients, which includes First Presbyterian Church. For additional information, you can check http://www.okobojifoundation.org/#!donate-now/c1xji, or contact John Ziegenbusch or Pastor Clint.
Donations Needed for the Nursery
Thank you for your generous donations to the nursery! We are still looking for boy and girl infant clothes size newborn through 2T to keep in the nursery for those little emergencies! All donations can be brought to the office. Thank you!
The nursery is in need of a few items that will ensure our children and volunteers are well situated for the coming school year.
Please donate: Play-Doh; baby wipes; gently used, clean clothes from newborn through size 3T; AA batteries.
Please DO NOT donate: toys, markers, coloring books, children’s books. We have an abundance of these items.
Thank you for your contribution!
CALL TO PRAYER
The women of our church are starting a weekly time of prayer in the chapel beginning this coming Tuesday, July 19th from 9:00 to 9:30 AM. This is an outgrowth of our Presbyterian Women’s theme for the year which is an Emphasis on Prayer. We welcome all to come and join us: members, non-members, friends, men and women alike. We will be focusing on prayer for our nation, the upcoming conventions, and the November election as well as any and all other prayer requests that come to our attention. We are hoping to use our chapel for a place of weekly prayer time and will continue on a permanent basis, a place where we can bring our petitions before God and pray for one another as the body of Christ.
Action Group for Communications and Marketing
We need to enhance our marketing and communications with our members, visitors, and the general public. We will work with the staff on the web site and other internet possibilities, coordinate bulletin covers with a sermon series, and make greater use of our electronic message board. There is a need to increase the attendance at the second service and let people know of the opportunity to attend a contemporary worship service.
Contact Steve Lindeberg if interested in this action group at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Maxine Hix on her passing this past week.
- Keith Tadlock recovering from skin graft surgery.
- Brain Williams recovering from staph infection.
- Katy Kline recovering from skin-graft surgery.
- Bev Butler recovering from surgery.
- Amy Tanner suffering with a brain bleed.
- Gayle Raymond who is dealing with health issues.
- Kieth Tadlock diagnosed with skin cancer.
- Mary Zierke suffering with terminal pancreatic cancer.
- Nadine Hough recovering from ankle surgery.
- Lee Struthers suffering with leukemia.
- Laureen Andersen suffering with back issues.
- Tom Gruber suffering with health issues.
- Marj Roseberry recovering from hip surgery.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from a work accident.
- Eric Avery fighting brain cancer.
- Velma Ashburn dealing with health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens, diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- Women’s Bible Study – 6pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- High School Video Game Night at Geweckes – 8pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Becki Huisenga
Ushers – John Calsbeek, John & Cindy Knabe & Bob Peterson
Greeters – Larry & Sharee DenHerder
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Nursery – Lisa Kraus & Shawnda Shanahan
Coffee – Dan & Peg VanBeek
Reformed (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Emily Andersen, Jeremiah Clay, Pressley Cochran-Bray & Ron Williams
Greeter/Usher – Brett, Kaleb & Kolin Johnson
Nursery – Kari Bruinsma
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Read Your Newsletter Here