Your Weekly Update
Donations Needed for the Nursery
Thank you for your generous donations to the nursery! We are still looking for boy and girl infant clothes size newborn through 2T to keep in the nursery for those little emergencies! All donations can be brought to the office. Thank you!
Weekly Prayer in the Chapel
ALL are invited to join our prayer group in the chapel every Tuesday morning from 9 to 9:30am. We pray for posted requests, our church family, our pastors, our nation, the election and an array of various other concerns that are brought before us. If you aren’t able to join us, but have something you would like us to pray about, stop in the chapel and fill out a prayer card and tack it on the prayer board! We would love to have others join us! There is POWER IN PRAYER!
Our culminating program will be this Thursday starting at 6:30pm with refreshments following. Please be sure to come see and hear what our students have been learning and experiencing this week.
Donations Needed for Fire Victim
First Presbyterian Church is accepting donations for James Hupman who lost his home due to a fire this last week. We will be collecting shirts and pants for this gentleman. M/L shirts and 33×33 or 34×34 pants. Thank you in advance. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Krogman at 615.406.0003.
August 24th – 7th/8th Taco House and Mini-Golf (12:30pm-5:00pm)
Next year’s 5th-6th grades are invited to meet at Taco House for a short lunch. Afterwards, we will play mini golf and group games at the Ranch. There is no cost for registration. See you there!
August 25th – High School Video Game Night at the Geweckes’ (8-11pm)
We will be playing Halo 5 on the Xbox One. Bring your Xbox One console or controller (no worries if you don’t have them) and get ready for a night full of snacks, fellowship, and Battlefront fun! Boys and girls are invited so don’t miss out!
August 27th – High School End of Summer Valleyfair Trip
To celebrate the start of school, we are planning a high school youth group trip to Valleyfair in Shakopee, MN. Park tickets and transport tation will be covered by the church (you simply have to pay for food and souvenirs). In order to take the trip, however, we must have at least 15 students registered by August 19th via our website. http:// fpcspiritlake.org/news
Action Group for Communications and Marketing
We need to enhance our marketing and communications with our members, visitors, and the general public. We will work with the staff on the web site and other internet possibilities, coordinate bulletin covers with a sermon series, and make greater use of our electronic message board. There is a need to increase the attendance at the second service and let people know of the opportunity to attend a contemporary worship service.
Contact Steve Lindeberg if interested in this action group at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Cornell recovering from hip surgery.
- Janice Clark recovering from back surgery at Hawkeye Care Center.
- Keith Tadlock recovering from skin graft surgery.
- Brain Williams recovering from staph infection.
- Katy Kline recovering from skin graft surgery.
- Bev Butler recovering from surgery.
- Amy Tanner suffering with a brain bleed.
- Gayle Raymond who is dealing with health issues.
- Mary Zierke suffering with terminal pancreatic cancer.
- Nadine Hough recovering from ankle surgery.
- Lee Struthers suffering with leukemia.
- Laureen Andersen suffering with back issues.
- Tom Gruber suffering with health issues.
- Marj Roseberry recovering from hip surgery.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from a work accident.
- Eric Avery fighting brain cancer.
- Velma Ashburn dealing with health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens, diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- VBS – 1-5pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 6pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- VBS – 1-5pm
- VBS Celebration – 6:30pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Committee Meeting – 5:15pm
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Pam DenHerder
Ushers – Bob & Lynn Peterson and Chuck & Gloria Ditsworth
Greeters – Todd, June, Caleb & Addison Howatt
Video Taping – Owen Primavera
Nursery – Kyley Anderson & Erin Radcliffe
Coffee – Ray Miller & Janice Clark
Reformed (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Pressley Cochran-Bray, Anna Coffin & Ron Williams
Greeter/Usher – Anthony, Dylan, Ethan, Bennett & Evan Stecker
Nursery – Sarah Dirks
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Read Your Newsletter Here