Your Weekly Update
Again this year, First Presbyterian Church will be hosting breakfast and team devotionals on varsity game days. This has been a great experience for us and we are thankful for the opportunity to welcome the team. The numbers have grown steadily and we are expecting well over 75 young men at each meal. In order to keep up with the demand, we need your help. This can involve donating food, cooking, serving, or coordinating volunteers. If you are interested in being a part of a breakfast team, call 336-1649, check the sign up sheet in the narthex or sign up on our website at www.fpcspiritlake.org
Donations Needed for the Nursery
Thank you for your generous donations to the nursery! We are still looking for boy and girl infant clothes size newborn through 2T to keep in the nursery for those little emergencies! All donations can be brought to the office. Thank you!
Weekly Prayer in the Chapel
ALL are invited to join our prayer group in the chapel every Tuesday morning from 9 to 9:30am. We pray for posted requests, our church family, our pastors, our nation, the election and an array of various other concerns that are brought before us. If you aren’t able to join us, but have something you would like us to pray about, stop in the chapel and fill out a prayer card and tack it on the prayer board! We would love to have others join us! There is POWER IN PRAYER!
Spirit Lake Backpack Food Drive
The Deacons are asking for your participation in a food drive for the Spirit Lake Backpack Program. This program provides a backpack of food for each of the 35 kids each week whose families need assistance.
If you are willing to donate food, please bring these items by Sunday August 28th. A wagon will be in the narthex.
Here is list of items we are accepting:
*Easy Mac-Microwave macaroni and cheese
*Hormel Complete dinners
*Juice boxes – any flavor
Jars of peanut butter
Jars of jelly
Cans of chicken noodle soup
Individual cereal boxes
Chewy Granola bars – peanut butter or chocolate chip
*these items are needed most
Thank you for helping these children and families in our community. They appreciate your support and prayers.
August 24th – 7th/8th Taco House and Mini-Golf (12:30pm-5:00pm)
Next year’s 5th-6th grades are invited to meet at Taco House for a short lunch. Afterwards, we will play mini golf and group games at the Ranch. There is no cost for registration. See you there!
August 25th – High School Video Game Night at the Geweckes’ (8-11pm)
We will be playing Halo 5 on the Xbox One. Bring your Xbox One console or controller (no worries if you don’t have them) and get ready for a night full of snacks, fellowship, and Battlefront fun! Boys and girls are invited so don’t miss out!
August 27th – High School End of Summer Valleyfair Trip
To celebrate the start of school, we are planning a high school youth group trip to Valleyfair in Shakopee, MN. Park tickets and transport tation will be covered by the church (you simply have to pay for food and souvenirs). In order to take the trip, however, we must have at least 15 students registered by August 19th via our website. http:// fpcspiritlake.org/news
Action Group for Communications and Marketing
We need to enhance our marketing and communications with our members, visitors, and the general public. We will work with the staff on the web site and other internet possibilities, coordinate bulletin covers with a sermon series, and make greater use of our electronic message board. There is a need to increase the attendance at the second service and let people know of the opportunity to attend a contemporary worship service.
Contact Steve Lindeberg if interested in this action group at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Cornell recovering from hip surgery.
- Janice Clark recovering from back surgery at Hawkeye Care Center.
- Keith Tadlock recovering from skin graft surgery.
- Brian Williams recovering from staph infection.
- Katy Kline recovering from skin graft surgery.
- Bev Butler recovering from surgery.
- Amy Tanner suffering with a brain bleed.
- Gayle Raymond who is dealing with health issues.
- Mary Zierke suffering with terminal pancreatic cancer.
- Nadine Hough recovering from ankle surgery.
- Lee Struthers suffering with leukemia.
- Laureen Andersen suffering with back issues.
- Tom Gruber suffering with health issues.
- Marj Roseberry recovering from hip surgery.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from a work accident.
- Eric Avery fighting brain cancer.
- Velma Ashburn dealing with health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens, diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- Women’s Bible Study – 6pm
- No 2nd Service Rehearsal
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Worship Committee Meeting – 5:30pm
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Doug Stueven
Ushers – Bob & Lynn Peterson and Chuck & Gloria Ditsworth
Greeters – Todd, June, Caleb & Addison Howatt
Video Taping – Wes Farmer
Nursery – Hannah Brumley & Heather Sprague
Coffee – Steve & Jan Richards
Reformed (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Pressley Cochran-Bray, Brianna Pratt & Liz Steiner
Greeter/Usher – Anthony, Dylan, Ethan, Bennett & Evan Stecker
Nursery – Milly Tillotson
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill
Read Your Newsletter Here