Your Weekly Update
All teachers (Recharge and Sunday School) are invited to a short informational meeting on Wednesday September 7th at 5:30pm in the Fireside room to learn more about classroom policies, curriculum, and changes in this year’s programming. Thank you for your willingness to teach the young disciples in our congregation! We are blessed and excited to start the new year with you.
High School Parent Meeting
All parents of 9th-12th graders are invited to join Pastor Michael on September 7th starting at 7:00pm in the Fireside room to learn more about the variety of youth ministries available in our congregation from the Act II bible study, to our regular Wednesday youth group, to our summer mission trip, and fellowship activities, they are plenty of ways for your student to plug into the ministry life of our congregation.
Sunday School Kickoff
Be sure to join us for our Sunday School kickoff breakfast following the first worship service on Sunday, September 11th. We will share with you more information about the beginning of our new educational year, take questions, and celebrate the exciting year that lies ahead of us!
Again this year, First Presbyterian Church will be hosting breakfast and team devotionals on varsity game days. This has been a great experience for us and we are thankful for the opportunity to welcome the team. The numbers have grown steadily and we are expecting well over 75 young men at each meal. In order to keep up with the demand, we need your help. This can involve donating food, cooking, serving, or coordinating volunteers. If you are interested in being a part of a breakfast team, call 336-1649, check the sign up sheet in the narthex or sign up on our website at https://fpcspiritlake.org/football-breakfasts/
High School Cookout (Date Change):
All high school students are invited to join Pastor Michael and the E5 team on September 18th starting at 5:30pm at Memorial Park as we celebrate the beginning of a new school year. Join us as we grill out, play lawn games, and kickoff our fall youth ministries!
Weekly Prayer in the Chapel
ALL are invited to join our prayer group in the chapel every Tuesday morning from 9 to 9:30am. We pray for posted requests, our church family, our pastors, our nation, the election and an array of various other concerns that are brought before us. If you aren’t able to join us, but have something you would like us to pray about, stop in the chapel and fill out a prayer card and tack it on the prayer board! We would love to have others join us! There is POWER IN PRAYER!
Donations Needed for the Nursery
Thank you for your generous donations to the nursery! We are still looking for boy and girl infant clothes size newborn through 2T to keep in the nursery for those little emergencies! All donations can be brought to the office. Thank you!
Women’s Bible Study
All women are invited to join Women’s Bible Study each Tuesday afternoon at 1:30pm beginning on September 13th in the Fireside Room.
Men’s Bible Study
All men are invited to join Men’s Bible Study each Thursday beginning September 15th at 9:00am in the Fellowship Hall.
Chancel Choir & Handbell practice
The Chancel Choir and Handbells will begin practice on Wednesday, September 14th. Handbells will begin at 7pm and Choir begins at 8pm.
We are very excited to announce the upcoming Women’s Retreat to again be held at Lakeshore Center at Okoboji (formerly Presbyterian Camp) Saturday, Oct. 8. New this year: First Presbyterian Church and Lakeshore Center are partnering to offer an exciting new speaker/singer/songwriter, Jill Miller (http://www.jillmillermusic.com). Also new is the option of extending the retreat with a Friday night session which will include a movie, supper, discussion, and a “girls’ night” sleepover.
- Friday night beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Childcare provided Saturday
- Registration discount for registrations before September 30
For additional information and a registration form, or register online at: www.lakeshorecenteratokoboji.org.
Please call the camp at 712-337-3313 or First Presbyterian Church at 712-336-1649 for additional information.
This is one retreat you won’t want to miss! Register today!
- Nadine Hough recovering from ankle surgery.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Kirk & Becki Huisenga on the passing of Kirk’s father, Robert.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Don & Deb Breems on the passing of Deb’s father, Garrett Hilkema.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Darin & Erin Radcliffe on the passing of Erin’s grandpa, Frank Hoppe.
- Kathy Huitink having tests/treatment of health issues.
- Karl Kiilsholm having health issues.
- Mary Cornell recovering from hip surgery.
- Janice Clark recovering from back surgery at Hawkeye Care Center.
- Keith Tadlock beginning radiation treatment.
- Brian Williams recovering from staph infection.
- Katy Kline recovering from skin graft surgery.
- Bev Butler recovering from surgery.
- Amy Tanner suffering with a brain bleed.
- Gayle Raymond who is dealing with health issues.
- Mary Zierke suffering with terminal pancreatic cancer.
- Lee Struthers suffering with leukemia.
- Laureen Andersen suffering with back issues.
- Tom Gruber suffering with health issues.
- Marj Roseberry recovering from hip surgery.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from a work accident.
- Eric Avery fighting brain cancer.
- Velma Ashburn dealing with health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens, diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- Autumn Soup/Sandwich/Pie Supper Meeting-6pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 6pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- PW Coordinating Team Meeting – 3pm
- Office Closed
- No PW Sewing
- WIC – 8:15am
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Ron Williams
Ushers – Dan VanBeek, Tom Brodie, Jack & Sherryl Jones
Greeters – Brad & Susan Travis
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Nursery – Laurie Steinkuehler & Ruth Ann Kelly
Coffee – Edna VanderWolde & Jan Bowles
Reformed (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Pressley Cochran-Bray, Brianna Pratt & Liz Steiner
Greeter/Usher – Charlotte Baldwin
Nursery – Dana Bolluyt
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Read Your Newsletter Here