Your Weekly Update
Wednesday, September 28th
Meal: Potluck – bring your favorite dish to share!!!
- Main Dish ~ A-J
- Side Dish ~ K-R
- Desserts ~ S-Z
Meal Crew: Edna VanderWolde
~~ More Meal Crew Members Needed ~~
Please contact the church office if you can help serve meals anytime in the next four weeks so that we can be sure to count on your help. Thank you in advance!
- Freezer Meals
- For the Life of the World – Rick Porter
- The Book of Daniel – Rachelle Gewecke
- 10 Commandments—Clint Loveall
Recharge Craft Donations Needed!
- Several 4-6 inch pots w/saucers (by October 19th)
- old keys (any size, any kind)
Questions? Ask Jill Jennings
Donations may be put in the craft room.
High School Youth Group Schedule Change
Starting on Sunday September 28th, our high school youth group will have a slightly revised schedule. Students can still eat anytime before 6:30pm but youth group will not start until 7:00pm. We will plan to be done no later than 8:30pm. Also, starting this week high school Act II will meet at 12:30pm after worship on Sundays in the Fireside room at the church. We will provide a small meal and hope that you can join us for our time of study and discipleship.
Markers of the Covenant – A series on the 10 Commandments
Most Christians claim that the 10 Commandments are “extremely important,” though most also can’t name them all. What are they, who are they for, what do they mean, and why does it matter? Join us beginning Sept 11 as we begin a sermon series on the 10 Commandments which will also be a Sunday School and Recharge Wednesday class with follow-up discussion.
Again this year, First Presbyterian Church will be hosting breakfast and team devotionals on varsity game days. This has been a great experience for us and we are thankful for the opportunity to welcome the team. The numbers have grown steadily and we are expecting well over 75 young men at each meal. In order to keep up with the demand, we need your help. This can involve donating food, cooking, serving, or coordinating volunteers. If you are interested in being a part of a breakfast team, call 336-1649, check the sign up sheet in the narthex or sign up on our website at https://fpcspiritlake.org/football-breakfasts/
Autumn Soup, Sandwich & Pie Supper
The Soup, Sandwich & Pie Supper is right around the corner and there are a lot of slots to fill. The sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. We need your help to make this soup supper a success.
New Member Recognition
For those of you who have already made the commitment to join First Presbyterian Church and those of you still in the decision making process, the Membership Committee wants you to know that new members will be recognized on October 23rd. If you have decided to join and have not completed the necessary paperwork, please call or stop by the church office.
We are very excited to announce the upcoming Women’s Retreat to again be held at Lakeshore Center at Okoboji (formerly Presbyterian Camp) Saturday, Oct. 8. New this year: First Presbyterian Church and Lakeshore Center are partnering to offer an exciting new speaker/singer/songwriter, Jill Miller (http://www.jillmillermusic.com). Also new is the option of extending the retreat with a Friday night session which will include a movie, supper, discussion, and a “girls’ night” sleepover.
- Friday night beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Childcare provided Saturday
- Registration discount for registrations before September 30
For additional information and a registration form, or register online at: www.lakeshorecenteratokoboji.org
or call the camp at 712-337-3313 or First Presbyterian Church at 712-336-1649.
This is one retreat you won’t want to miss! Register today!
Pink Ribbon Salad Luncheon
- Lee Struthers suffering with macular degeneration and glaucoma.
- Laureen Andersen recovering from hip replacement surgery.
- Bruce DeJong recovering from surgery.
- Nadine Hough recovering from ankle surgery.
- Kathy Huitink having tests/treatment of health issues.
- Karl Kiilsholm having health issues.
- Mary Cornell recovering from hip surgery.
- Keith Tadlock beginning radiation treatment.
- Katy Kline recovering from skin graft surgery.
- Bev Butler recovering from surgery.
- Amy Tanner suffering with a brain bleed.
- Gayle Raymond who is dealing with health issues.
- Mary Zierke suffering with pancreatic cancer.
- Tom Gruber suffering with health issues.
- Marj Roseberry recovering from hip surgery.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from a work accident.
- Eric Avery fighting brain cancer.
- Velma Ashburn dealing with health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens, diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 7pm
- Adult Handbell practice – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Ed – 10:30am
- Act II – 12:30pm
- Worship Service at Welcov – 2:45pm
- PW Sewing -9am
- Christian Ed Meeting – 6:30pm
- WIC – 8:15am
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Membership Committee Meeting – 12:30pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Building & Grounds Committee Meeting – 6:30pm
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Kirk Jensen
Ushers – Tom & Deb Ditsworth and Bernie & Marcia VanRoekel
Greeters – Wayne & Kathleen Johnson
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Nursery – Megan Donnenwerth & Kyley Anderson
Coffee – Larry & Sharee DenHerder
Reformed (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Pressley Cochran-Bray, Brianna Pratt & Liz Steiner
Nursery – Kari Bruinsma
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA