Your Weekly Update
Greeter & Ushers Still Needed on Christmas Eve
(Ushers please plan on being to the church at 3pm.)
4pm Christmas Eve Service – 4 Ushers & 1 Greeter
6pm Christmas Eve Service – 5 Ushers
If you are available to help, please contact Bob Peterson at (513)379-9656 or the church office at 336-1649.
We are looking for families to lead a short advent reading and light candles on our advent wreath on Sunday mornings. The dates and times listed below are the times left to fill. If there is a time that works for you, we would love to have you participate. Please reply to this email and let us know if you are willing, which date is best, and which service you plan to attend.
Advent Dates left to fill…
Dec. 18 – 8:50am
Dec. 24 – 4:00pm & 6:00pm
The women of the community are invited to attend the Annual Presbyterian Ladies Christmas Luncheon. The date is Thursday, December 8th at 12:30pm. Following the luncheon, a program will be presented by Michelle Christy on “God’s Favor For Life’s Assignments.” Please join the Presbyterian Women for an afternoon of great food and inspirational fellowship.
Christmas Luncheon Workers Needed
The Christmas Luncheon is Thursday, December 8th at 12:30pm. We are in need of workers and cookie bakers. Please sign up in the narthex. We appreciate your help in serving the women of our community.
Advent is Here! Worship, Learn and Celebrate with Us!
The congregation will be sharing Christmas carols with shut ins and community members on December 14th starting at 6:00pm. All students and families are invited to join us for our pizza dinner starting at 5:30pm and join us as we share Christmas favorites with others!
High School Christmas Party
This year’s High School Christmas Party will be held on December 14th starting at 7:00pm. Join us for a white elephant exchange ($10 maximum), Christmas music, Christmas goodies, and Christmas related games. It will be a night full of fun and fellowship, we look forward to seeing you there!
The Christmas program featuring students from PreK-8th grade will be held during the second worship service (at 11:15am) on December 18th. The Christmas celebration will be held throughout the entire service of worship and will feature the full Adult Chancel Choir, student led music and much more. We sincerely hope that you and your family will join us for this Christmas celebration! We will be doing a dress rehearsal practice on December 11th and 18th at 10:00am, during regular Sunday School time. Thank you!!
Adult Education during Advent
- Sunday School – Stories of Christmas – This will be an extension of the Advent sermon series and we will invite people during the class to present and explain the objects or items they brought to symbolize that week’s Advent theme. (See the advent series announcement if this doesn’t make sense.) Class will meet Dec. 4, 11, and 18 between services.
- Recharge – The Worst and Best of Christmas – This will be a 2 week discussion class on the worst parts and the best parts of celebrating the birth of Christ in 21st century America.
Food For The Soul: The Ingredients of Christmas
This Advent, we will be exploring the major components of the Christian life and the Christmas message… Hope, Peace, Joy, Love and Christ. Essentially we will be using the idea of holiday recipes and Christmas cooking to consider these fundamental “ingredients” of the Christian life. These themes will guide us through advent as we prepare and approach Christmas together, and we need your help, remember to bring your symbol of Advent!
December 11 – Joy [The joy box will be available from 12/5 – 12/11]December 18 – Love [The love box will be available from 12/19 – 12/24]December 24 – Christ [The Christ box will be available from 12/19 – 12/24]
This year we will be supporting another Mission Project. If you would be willing to share a poinsettia ($11) with us and/or donate to this year’s Mission Project, ($15), please contact Cheri in the office at 336-1649. Please let her know if this poinsettia is in memory of, or honoring someone.
Wednesday, December 7th
Meal: Husband’s Delight
Meal Crew: Tom & Deb Ditsworth and Wayne Johnson
Notice: 2nd Semester dues are due on January 11, 2017.
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
- Sandy Goetsch who is recovering from surgery.
- Ron Williams who is recovering from a severe viral infection.
- Kay Monson who is being hospitalized in Sioux City.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of former Executive Presbytery Jim Sanders on his passing this past week.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Pastor Bob Vaage on his passing this past week.
- Nancy Haas recovering from surgery.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Rob Oldson suffering with leg pain.
- Jennifer Larson suffering with pain management.
- Gena Main recovering from surgery.
- Shawnda Prochaska suffering with migraines.
- Jenny Beers recovering from pneumonia.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
- Finley Brunsvold going through chemo treatments.
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Mission Committee Meeting – 6pm
- Building & Grounds Committee Meeting – 6:30pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 7pm
- Adult Handbell practice -7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Women’s Christmas Luncheon – 12:30pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Ed – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Act II – 12:30pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Deacons – 6pm
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Youth
Ushers – Randy & Vonda Buchman, Tom Brodie, Kelly Swancutt
Greeters – Doug & Jean Kies
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Nursery – June Howatt & April Krull
Coffee – Keith & Beryl Marra
Reforming (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Pressley Cochran-Bray, Tom Prochaska
Kari Bruinsma, and Meghan Humphrey
Usher/Greeter – Bernie & Marcia VanRoekel
Nursery – Teresa Beck
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA