Your Weekly Update
We invite you to be a part of our church family for either our 4pm or 6pm Christmas Eve Candlelight Services.
Food For The Soul: The Ingredients of Christmas
This Advent, we will be exploring the major components of the Christian life and the Christmas message… Hope, Peace, Joy, Love and Christ. Essentially we will be using the idea of holiday recipes and Christmas cooking to consider these fundamental “ingredients” of the Christian life. These themes will guide us through advent as we prepare and approach Christmas together, and we need your help, remember to bring your symbol of Advent!
December 24 – Christ [The Christ box will be available from 12/19 – 12/24]
This year we will be supporting another Mission Project. If you would be willing to share a poinsettia only ($11) with us and/or donate to this year’s Mission Project and poinsettia, ($15), please contact Cheri in the office at 336-1649. Please let her know if this poinsettia is in memory of, or honoring someone.
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
Wednesday, December 21st, 28th & January 4th
Notice: 2nd Semester dues are due on January 11, 2017.
Craft Item Needed: empty wrapping paper tubes
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Doug & Lynn Davis on the passing of Doug’s Mom, Helen, this past week.
- Bonnie Raymond in the hospital with health issues.
- John Knabe recovering from a heart procedure.
- Kris Peterson diagnosed with cancer.
- Bonnie Forey recovering from a broken wrist.
- Betsy Johnson suffering with a brain tumor.
- Sandy Goetsch recovering from surgery.
- Kay Monson who is home with Hospice care.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Jennifer Larson suffering with pain management.
- Gena Main recovering from surgery.
- Shawnda Prochaska suffering with migraines.
- Jenny Beers recovering from pneumonia.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
- Finley Brunsvold going through chemo treatments.
- No Recharge
- No High School Youth Group
- Adult Handbell practice -7pm
- No 2nd Service Rehearsal
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- No Men’s Bible Study
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Services – 4 & 6pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 10am
- Office Closed
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- No Women’s Bible Study
Christmas Eve Candlelight Services
Greeters: Marcia Eckerman and family
Ushers: Ron Niebruegge, Gene Ringsdorf, Leo Kofoot, Alan Bush & Tony Weber.
(Greeters & Ushers please arrive at 3pm)
Greeters: Wayne & Kathleen Johnson
Ushers: Edna VanderWolde, Doug Johnson, Gene Ringsdorf, Larry DenHerder & Sharee DenHerder
(Greeters and Ushers please arrive at 5:10pm)
Christmas Service ~ 10am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Stan Sybesma
Ushers/Greeter – Wayne & Kathleen Johnson
Video Taping – Wes Farmer
Nursery – Laurie Steinkuehler & Milly Tillotson
Coffee – Ray Miller
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA