Your Weekly Update
Annual Congregational Meeting
The Annual Congregational Meeting will be held on Sunday, January 15, 2017 immediately following our Reformed Service (1st). All members are encouraged to attend.
Adult Handbells & Chancel Choir
Resume rehearsing on Wednesday, January 11th.
Wednesday, January 11th
Meal: Chicken & Biscuits
Meal Crew: Amy Stover, Christy Thompson, Rhonda Reekers & Sandy Krout
Meal Crew Helpers Needed!
- Notice: 2nd Semester dues are due on January 11, 2017.
- Craft Item Needed: empty wrapping paper tubes
Parent Meeting & Mission Trip Registration Deadline
We are excited to announce that the 2017 high school mission trip will be returning to New York City! This year we will continue to collaborate with Madison Avenue Presbyterian Church (as well as our Iowa partners) and we look forward to our opportunity to serve Christ in NYC. The trip will be held from July 5th-10th and the total registration cost is $250. $50 is due by the registration deadline of January 11th and $200 is due at the end of April. You will find the registration form as well as scholarship information on the website sentbylove.com. Let Pastor Michael know if you have any questions and be sure to register today!
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
Cherish House Baby Bottle Campaign
First Presbyterian Church will be participating in the Cherish House Baby Bottle Campaign again this year. Baby Bottles will be delivered to the church on Sunday, January 29th and are asked to be returned to the church by Sunday, February 26th. Please help changes lives and strengthen families.
- Marilyn Vicker recovering from hysterectomy.
- Ethan Wicks recovering from health issues.
- Paul Ostendorf who will be having back surgery.
- Marcia Hill recovering at Hawkeye of a broken ankle.
- John Knabe recovering from heart issues.
- Kris Peterson diagnosed with cancer.
- Bonnie Forey recovering from a broken wrist.
- Betsy Johnson suffering with a brain tumor.
- Sandy Goetsch recovering from surgery.
- Kay Monson who is home with Hospice care.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Gena Main recovering from surgery.
- Shawnda Prochaska suffering with migraines.
- Jenny Beers recovering from pneumonia.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
- Finley Brunsvold going through chemo treatments.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 7pm
- Adult Handbell practice – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Mary/Martha Circle Meeting – 1:30pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Annual Congregational Meeting
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Education – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Act II – 12:30pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Committee Meeting – 5:15pm
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Ray Miller
Ushers – Edna VanderWolde, Jan Bowles, Joan Biard & Bob Peterson
Greeter – Kieth Tadlock
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Nursery – Megan Donnenwerth & Kyley Anderson
Coffee – Tom & Deb Ditsworth
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Jeremiah Clay, Pressley Cochran-Bray & Liz Steiner
Nursery – Dana Bolluyt
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA