Your Weekly Update
Wednesday, January 18th
Meal: Tater Tot Casserole
Meal Crew: Lisa Kraus, Rhonda Reekers, Ron & Ellen Williams
Meal Crew Helpers Needed!
- Notice: 2nd Semester dues are due in January.
- Craft Item Needed: empty wrapping paper tubes
9th – 12th Grade No Apologies
The annual No Apologies event will be held on January 25th at 6:30pm. The No Apologies conference brings thousands of students from across northwest Iowa to hear a national speaker talk about wise choices, sexual purity, and Christian faith. All 7th-12th grade students are invited to meet at church at 5:15pm for a free dinner and then to leave for the event no later than 5:40pm and return by 9:00pm. There is no cost to attend No Apologies.
No Apologies Parent Event
The No Apologies team is hosting a parent only session at the Clay County Convention Center in Spencer on January 22nd from 6:15-8:30pm. This is an incredible opportunity to join other parents to discuss the joys, challenges, and possibilities in parenting your teenager. There is no registration cost to join this nationally acclaimed speaker, but RSVP is requested at https://no-apologies.org so be sure to mark it on your calendars!
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
POET Adult/High School Super Bowl Party
Join us on Sunday, February 5th at 5pm in the fellowship hall for our 1st Annual Super Bowl Party. Bring a dish to share.
Cherish House Baby Bottle Campaign
First Presbyterian Church will be participating in the Cherish House Baby Bottle Campaign again this year. Baby Bottles will be delivered to the church on Sunday, January 29th and are asked to be returned to the church by Sunday, February 26th. Please help changes lives and strengthen families.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Dick Morris on the passing of his son, Jeff, this past week.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Gary & Pauly Eaton on the passing of Pauly’s sister, Karen Tolsma, this past week.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Jennie Beers on her passing this past week.
- Family member of a member of our congregation being treated for cancer.
- Marilyn Vicker recovering from hysterectomy.
- Ethan Wicks in critical care in Sioux Falls.
- Paul Ostendorf who will be having back surgery.
- Marcia Hill recovering from a fractured leg.
- John Knabe recovering from heart issues.
- Kris Peterson diagnosed with cancer.
- Bonnie Forey recovering from a broken wrist.
- Betsy Johnson suffering with a brain tumor.
- Sandy Goetsch recovering from surgery.
- Kay Monson who is home with Hospice care.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Gena Main recovering from surgery.
- Shawnda Prochaska suffering with migraines.
- Jenny Beers recovering from pneumonia.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
- Finley Brunsvold going through chemo treatments.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 7pm
- Adult Handbell practice – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Education – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Act II – 12:30pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Lynn Peterson
Ushers – Edna VanderWolde, Jan Bowles, Leo Kofoot & Bob Peterson
Greeter – Jim & Jen Watts
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Nursery – Erin Radcliffe & Hannah Brumley
Coffee – Edna VanderWolde & Jan Bowles
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Pressley Cochran-Bray, Meghan Humphrey & Ron Williams
Nursery – Marissa Sill
Sound – Chris Sill
Power Point – Logan Sill
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA