Your Weekly Update
Our Winter Weather Plan is the Following:
If Spirit Lake Schools Cancels School on Wednesday or Lets School out Early
Recharge: Will be cancelled for all ages and there will be no meal.
No Apologies Conference: We will not take students to the events center in Spencer. Parents and students will receive an email and our website will be updated with a link to watch the No Apologies Conference online from the comfort of your own homes.
Choir & Bells: Will be cancelled.
2nd Service Rehearsal: Will be cancelled.
If Spirit Lake Schools Does Not Cancel School on Wednesday and Does Not Let School out Early
All programs (including the No Apologies conference) will continue as planned.
You are invited to the annual Valentine’s Dinner held at the First Presbyterian Church in Spirit Lake, IA on Saturday, February 11th at 5:30pm. The Valentine’s Dinner is hosted by the youth and families of the First Presbyterian Churches in Spirit Lake and Lake Park as an opportunity to enjoy excellent food and fellowship and all the proceeds benefit their joint summer youth mission trip to NY City. Childcare is provided and tickets are $15 per person or $30 per couple. Tickets can be purchased in the church office at First Presbyterian Church in Spirit Lake or can be reserved at 712-336-1649 from now until the event.
Receive the Weekly Sermon in Your Email
We are excited to announce that you can now subscribe to receive our newest sermons conveniently in your inbox. If you would like to receive the weekly sermon, you can subscribe on our homepage at fpcspiritlake.org.
Wednesday, January 25th
Meal: Baked Potato Bar
Meal Crew: Karey Winkel, Tom & Deb Ditsworth, Edna VanderWolde & Dayle Broocks
- Notice: 2nd Semester dues are due in January.
- Craft Item Needed: empty wrapping paper tubes
9th – 12th Grade No Apologies
The annual No Apologies event will be held on January 25th at 6:30pm. The No Apologies conference brings thousands of students from across northwest Iowa to hear a national speaker talk about wise choices, sexual purity, and Christian faith. All 7th-12th grade students are invited to meet at church at 5:15pm for a free dinner and then to leave for the event no later than 5:40pm and return by 9:00pm. There is no cost to attend No Apologies.
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
POET Adult/High School Super Bowl Party
Join us on Sunday, February 5th at 5pm in the fellowship hall for our 2nd Annual Super Bowl Party. Bring a dish to share.
Cherish House Baby Bottle Campaign
First Presbyterian Church is participating in the Cherish House Baby Bottle Campaign again this year. Baby Bottles have been delivered to the church and are located in the library window. Please return them to the church by Sunday, February 26th. Please help changes lives and strengthen families.
Watch an overview on Kailee & Emma Jenness’ mission trip to Haiti.
- Susie Bartels having surgery on Wednesday.
- Family member of a member of our congregation being treated for cancer.
- Marilyn Vicker recovering from hysterectomy.
- Ethan Wicks in critical care in Sioux Falls.
- Paul Ostendorf who will be having back surgery.
- Marcia Hill recovering from a fractured leg.
- John Knabe recovering from heart issues.
- Kris Peterson diagnosed with cancer.
- Bonnie Forey recovering from a broken wrist.
- Betsy Johnson suffering with a brain tumor.
- Sandy Goetsch recovering from surgery.
- Kay Monson who is home with Hospice care.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Gena Main recovering from surgery.
- Shawnda Prochaska suffering with migraines.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
- Finley Brunsvold going through chemo treatments.
High School Youth Group
- 5:15pm – Dinner
- 5:40pm – Bus departs for No Apologies
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- Adult Handbell practice – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Education – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Act II – 12:30pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Doug Stueven
Ushers – Edna VanderWolde, Jan Bowles, Leo Kofoot & Bob Peterson
Greeter – Jim & Jen Watts
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Nursery – Heather Sprague & June Howatt
Coffee – Dan & Peg VanBeek
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Tom Prochaska, Annika Stecker & Liz Steiner
Nursery – Stacy Howard
Sound – Chris Pratt
Power Point – Brice Pratt
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA