Your Weekly Update
This year’s Super Bowl party is being held in conjunction with the POET and youth ministry teams. All 7th-12th grade students and Presbyterian adults are invited to join us for our first ever inter-generational Super Bowl Party! Join us at the church at 5:00pm on Sunday February 5th for fun, games, food, and, of course, the Super Bowl! We will transform the Fellowship Hall into a large screen movie theater with couches and complete with your favorite game time snacks. Whether you are a sports fan or not, join us for a great evening of fun and fellowship! No RSVP is necessary, simply bring a dish to share. Let’s “kickoff” a great time together!
You are invited to the annual Valentine’s Dinner held at the First Presbyterian Church in Spirit Lake, IA on Saturday, February 11th at 5:30pm. The Valentine’s Dinner is hosted by the youth and families of the First Presbyterian Churches in Spirit Lake and Lake Park as an opportunity to enjoy excellent food and fellowship and all the proceeds benefit their joint summer youth mission trip to NY City. Childcare is provided and tickets are $15 per person or $30 per couple. Tickets can be purchased in the church office at First Presbyterian Church in Spirit Lake or can be reserved at 712-336-1649 from now until the event.
Wednesday, February 1st
Meal: Baked Potato Bar
Meal Crew: Jack & Sherryl Jones, Keith & Beryl Marra, Doug & Barb Johnson
- Notice: 2nd Semester dues are due in January.
- Craft Item Needed: empty wrapping paper tubes
South Dakota Symphony
Saturday, Feb. 25th at 7:30
We need 15 people to get a 10% discount. Regular tickets are $50. Discounted – $45. Please make checks payable to First Presbyterian Church and turn them in to the office. Please reserve your tickets by 11:30am on Feb 3rd so tickets can be ordered in afternoon. There will be a short meeting on Feb 18th between services, for those attending, to discuss travel, parking and eating out before the concert.
Sunday School “Snack Providers and Servers”
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/NUT-FREE SNACK LIST is placed in the library window. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red please) are needed for Sunday School. If you leave the worship service during the last hymn, you have time to prepare your snacks for serving. This week the Sunday School snacks were provided by the Winkel family, next week is the VanderWolde family.
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
Receive the Weekly Sermon in Your Email
We are excited to announce that you can now subscribe to receive our newest sermons conveniently in your inbox. If you would like to receive the weekly sermon, you can subscribe on our homepage at fpcspiritlake.org.
Cherish House Baby Bottle Campaign
First Presbyterian Church is participating in the Cherish House Baby Bottle Campaign again this year. Baby Bottles have been delivered to the church and are located on the table in the narthex and library window. Please return them to the church by Sunday, February 26th. Please help changes lives and strengthen families.
Watch an overview on Kailee & Emma Jenness’ mission trip to Haiti.
- Owen Prochaska recovering from surgery.
- Jean Goodenow undergoing tests at the LRH.
- Kathy Huitink having tests at Mayo this week.
- Susie Bartels recovering from surgery at home.
- Denice, Del & Audrey Wiersma’s daughter, having surgery this week.
- Garrett Richardson recovering from injury.
- Angela Akers having surgery this week.
- Family member of a member of our congregation being treated for cancer.
- Marilyn Vicker recovering from hysterectomy.
- Ethan Wicks recovering at home.
- Paul Ostendorf who will be having back surgery.
- Marcia Hill recovering from a fractured leg.
- John Knabe recovering from heart issues.
- Kris Peterson diagnosed with cancer.
- Bonnie Forey recovering from a broken wrist.
- Betsy Johnson suffering with a brain tumor.
- Sandy Goetsch recovering from surgery.
- Kay Monson who is home with Hospice care.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Gena Main recovering from surgery.
- Shawnda Prochaska suffering with migraines.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
- Finley Brunsvold going through chemo treatments.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 7pm
- Adult Handbell practice – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- NO PW Coordinating Team Meeting
- Boy Scout Sunday
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Education – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Act II – 12:30pm
- Worship Service at Welcov – 2:45pm
- Adult/High School Super Bowl Party – 5pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- No Building & Grounds Mtg
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – John Knabe
Ushers – Anderson family
Greeter – Jim & Jen Watts
Video Taping – Owen Primavera
Nursery – April Krull & Angie Peterson
Coffee – Keith & Beryl Marra
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Jeremiah Clay, Pressley Cochran-Bray, Brianna Pratt, Adrie Stecker & Liz Steiner
Nursery – Kari Bruinsma
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA