Your Weekly Update
You are invited to the annual Valentine’s Dinner held at the First Presbyterian Church in Spirit Lake, IA on Saturday, February 11th at 5:30pm. The Valentine’s Dinner is hosted by the youth and families of the First Presbyterian Churches in Spirit Lake and Lake Park as an opportunity to enjoy excellent food and fellowship and all the proceeds benefit their joint summer youth mission trip to NY City. Childcare is provided and tickets are $15 per person or $30 per couple. Tickets can be purchased in the church office at First Presbyterian Church in Spirit Lake or can be reserved at 712-336-1649 from now until the event.
In March our church will deliver meals to community shut-ins. Delivering Meals-On-Wheels takes about 30-45 minutes. You may sign up for any amount of days. Maybe you prefer one day a week, for instance every Monday, or every day for a week or different days during the month.
Substitutes are available so don’t let the fact that you are going to be gone one time stop you from signing up. You pick up the meals at the hospital kitchen at 11:00am. This usually is done with a partner to make the job fun and faster. Meals are delivered every day of the week except Sunday.
Delivering Meals-On-Wheels to our community shut-ins is a rewarding experience and you will be glad you took part in it.
A calendar is placed on the easel in the Narthex for you to sign up on. If you have any questions please contact Milt Nolting at 336-4336.
Wednesday, February 8th
Meal: Mexi Casserole
Meal Crew: Amy Stover, Christy Thompson & Edna VanderWolde
Meal Crew Helpers Needed!
- Notice: 2nd Semester dues are due.
- Craft Item Needed: empty wrapping paper tubes
Super Bowl Party
Thank you to everyone who joined us at the Super Bowl Party. It was a great evening of fellowship, food and football!
Sunday School “Snack Providers and Servers”
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/NUT-FREE SNACK LIST is placed in the library window. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red please) are needed for Sunday School. If you leave the worship service during the last hymn, you have time to prepare your snacks for serving. On February 12th the Sunday School snacks will be provided by the VanderWolde family, February 19th will be the Peterson family.
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
Receive the Weekly Sermon in Your Email
We are excited to announce that you can now subscribe to receive our newest sermons conveniently in your inbox. If you would like to receive the weekly sermon, you can subscribe on our homepage at fpcspiritlake.org.
Fathers and daughters of all ages are welcome to attend the Father/Daughter Dance 2017 on Saturday, February 25th from 5-10pm at the Boji Bay Fun House Pavillion in Milford. You may come and go at anytime. Family tickets are $35 and are available at the door, or at Cherish Center office in Milford. Make memories to last a lifetime!
Cherish House Baby Bottle Campaign
First Presbyterian Church is participating in the Cherish House Baby Bottle Campaign again this year. Baby Bottles have been delivered to the church and are located on the table in the narthex and library window. Please return the filled bottles to the church by Sunday, February 26th. Please help changes lives and strengthen families.
Watch an overview on Kailee & Emma Jenness’ mission trip to Haiti.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Milt & Ruth Nolting on the passing of Milt’s mom this past week.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family and Paul & Karen Rohlf on the passing of Paul’s dad, Marvin, this past week.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Leon Simms who passed away this past week.
- Denny Sill battling cancer.
- Meghan Humphrey recovering from surgery.
- Debbie battling cancer.
- Lois Boyer recovering from bronchitis.
- Owen Prochaska recovering from surgery.
- Jean Goodenow recovering after hospitalization.
- Kathy Huitink recovering from tests and treatment at Mayo.
- Susie Bartels recovering from surgery.
- Denice (Wiersma) recovering from surgery.
- Garrett Richardson recovering from injury.
- Angela Akers recovering from surgery.
- Family member of a member of our congregation being treated for cancer.
- Ethan Wicks recovering at home.
- Paul Ostendorf who will be having back surgery.
- Marcia Hill recovering from a fractured leg.
- John Knabe recovering from heart issues.
- Kris Peterson diagnosed with cancer.
- Bonnie Forey recovering from a broken wrist.
- Betsy Johnson suffering with a brain tumor.
- Sandy Goetsch recovering from surgery.
- Kay Monson who is home with Hospice care.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Gena Main recovering from surgery.
- Shawnda Prochaska suffering with migraines.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
- Finley Brunsvold going through chemo treatments.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 7pm
- Adult Handbell practice – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Mary/Martha Circle Meeting – 1:30pm
- Valentine Dinner – 5:30pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Education – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Act II – 12:30pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Youth Sunday
Ushers – Anderson family
Greeter – Vernice Wahl
Video Taping – Wes Farmer
Nursery – Erin Radcliffe & Laurie Steinkuehler
Coffee – Jerry & Dorothy Ingvall
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Pressley Cochran-Bray & Brianna Pratt
Usher/Greeters – Charlotte Baldwin
Nursery – Teresa Beck
Sound – Chris Sill
Power Point – Logan Sill
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA