Your Weekly Update
Lent Preaching Series: Failings of the Faithful
Þ April 2—Ananias and Saphira
Þ April 9—Peter
Þ April 13—Judas
Þ April 14—Elijah
Þ April 16—Jesus
The Sunday Sermons will be followed each Wednesday Night at Recharge with a class taught by Pastor Clint.
Lenten Bible Study
This year on the Sundays in Lent we will be looking at some of the most significant barriers to faithful discipleship we encounter as American Christians, and looking for guidance in the Parables of Jesus. Each week will highlight a particular struggle and one of Jesus’ stories that addresses it. We hope you can join us for great meals, warm fellowship, and thoughtful discussions each Sunday afternoon.
¨ April 2 – Fear and Faith – Facing our fears and refusing to live a small life – The parable of the Talents
¨ April 9 – Blessedly Broken – why is it so hard to admit we need help? – The Parable of the Foolish Builder
Dinner ~ 4:30pm Bible Study ~ 5:15-6:00pm
A sign up sheet for 3 soups, bread, veggies, and 2 desserts is posted in the narthex.
I’m happy to let you know I’m home, feeling way better than I expected, and overwhelmed by all the cards, phone calls, flowers, food, offers to drive, and prayers that I’ve received. I’m the world’s worst at sending thank you notes, but just want you to know how much I appreciate it all. Jean Goodenow
Wednesday, March 29th
Meal: Beef Stew
Meal Crew: Wayne Johnson, Karey Winkel, Doug Kies, Doug Stueven & Charlene Radcliffe
Meal Crew Helpers are Needed!
- Notice: 2nd Semester dues are due.
- Craft Item Needed: empty wrapping paper tubes
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
Bowling Family Fun Night
The Congregational Life Committee has planned a fun night of bowling & pizza on Friday, March 31st. Anyone wanting to eat is welcome to join us at Godfather’s first. After pizza, we’ll head over to Corner Lanes for bowling! Whether you bowl a turkey or need the bumpers, we’d love to have you all there!
Date: Friday, March 31st
Supper: Godfather’s @ 5:30 PM
Bowling: Corner Lanes @ 6:30 PM,
cost is $4 and includes your shoe
RSVP not necessary but appreciated if you want to let either Judy Jensen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Megan Donnenwerth (email@example.com) know if you plan to attend.
Sunday School Children Participating Palm Sunday
On Palm Sunday, April 9, the Sunday School children will join the adult choir for a special anthem at the Reformed (9:00 a.m.) worship service. Children ages 3 years through 5th grade are encouraged to come to sing “Palm Sunday Hosanna” the song that we have been rehearsing.
Congregational Life event at Apex shooting range.
The Congregational Life committee would like to invite you to Apex Range in Fostoria. We have made arrangements with Apex to hold a private event for First Presbyterian Church Sunday, April 23rd at 6pm. There will be a potluck supper along with instruction and shooting range time. Apex will provide everything we need except the food. Their instructors will give us safety and handling instructions while we eat and help us on the range. They have offered us a reduced price. Cost will be $15 per person plus ammo and targets. Ammo is $7-$20 for 50 rounds depending on caliber and targets are $1 each. Children 14 -18 can participate with a parent present. If you wish to just eat and watch, you are welcome to join us at no cost. (Just bring a dish for the potluck). We have the 12 shooters needed to have the event. If you have questions, contact Tony Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up in the office or on the church website under the events/news tab.
SAVE THE DATE
VBS at First Presbyterian
July 31-August 3, 2017
Preschool(age 4)-6th Grade students
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Marvin Stockdale on the passing of his son, this past week.
- John Mayne being treated for cancer.
- Macy Jennings having MRI today.
- Jim Buetel determining treatment for tumors.
- Marilyn Miller recovering from pneumonia at home.
- Talia Patton recovering from kidney transplant. 3/14
- Beth recovering from kidney surgery.
- Cindy Phillips diagnosed with lymphoma.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with health issues.
- Don Monson recovering at Hawkeye.
- Linda Breuker recovering from cancer surgery.
- Jay Anderson regarding transplant list. 2/22
- Bart Duncan recovering from stroke and surgery at 9000 US Hwy 89, Lot 24, Flagstaff, AZ 86004
- Hilary Vicker battling with breast cancer.
- Hannah Brumley’s grandparents.
- Walt Main recovering from colon surgery. 2/15
- Sue battling cancer.
- Debbie battling cancer.
- Kathy Huitink recovering from tests and treatment at Mayo.
- Denice (Wiersma) recovering from surgery.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
- Finley Brunsvold going through chemo treatments.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 7pm
- Adult Handbell practice – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Act II – 11:20-11:45am at Spirit Lake High School
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Education – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service-11:15am
- Lenten Bible Study – 4:30pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Building & Grounds Meeting – 6:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Ruth Ann Kelly
Ushers – Roger & Karen Lahm, Ruth Ann Kelly & Kelly Swancutt
Greeters – Phyllis Walburg & Bernice Steele
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Nursery – Angie Peterson
Coffee -Keith & Beryl Marra
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Brianna Pratt & Adrie Stecker
Nursery – Stacy Howard
Greeter/Usher – Charlotte Baldwin
Sound – Chris Pratt
Power Point – Brice Pratt
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA