Holy Week Update
Your Weekly Update
Holy Week Schedule
Maundy Thursday Service ~ April 13th, 7pm
Good Friday Service ~ April 14th, 7pm
Easter Sunday Services ~ April 16th, 8:50am & 11:15am
New Member Recognition
We will be recognizing all “New Members” on Sunday, April 30th. If you are interested in becoming a new member but haven’t filled out the paperwork yet, please stop by the office and pick up a Personal Information Sheet at your earliest convenience.
Wednesday, April 5th
Meal: Tater-tot Casserole
Meal Crew: Wayne Johnson, Doug Kies & Sherryl Jones
Meal Crew Helpers are Needed!
- Notice: 2nd Semester dues are due.
- Craft Item Needed: empty wrapping paper tubes
All High School students are encouraged to join Pastor Michael for a bible study and small group at 11:20am-11:45am on Thursday mornings during the high school lunch hour in the conference room within the school office. You are invited! Come ready to dig into the scriptures with us as we seek to grow in our faith and become more faithful followers of Jesus Christ. See you soon!
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
Congregational Life event at Apex shooting range.
The Congregational Life committee would like to invite you to Apex Range in Fostoria. We have made arrangements with Apex to hold a private event for First Presbyterian Church Sunday, April 23rd at 6pm. There will be a potluck supper along with instruction and shooting range time. Apex will provide everything we need except the food. Their instructors will give us safety and handling instructions while we eat and help us on the range. They have offered us a reduced price. Cost will be $15 per person plus ammo and targets. Ammo is $7-$20 for 50 rounds depending on caliber and targets are $1 each. Children 14 -18 can participate with a parent present. If you wish to just eat and watch, you are welcome to join us at no cost. (Just bring a dish for the potluck). If you have questions, contact Tony Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up in the office or on the church website under the events/news tab.
Upper Des Moines Food Pantry
The congregations of our county take turns supporting the Upper Des Moines Opportunity Food Pantry. Long ago it was decided by the churches that the county would be best served by having this pantry. Our congregation has the opportunity to provide to the pantry for the months of April and October. Please consider donating your items during the month of April. Items may be placed in the wagon in the Narthex. Monetary gifts are welcome as well.
Women’s Bible Study…beginning Thursday, April 13th
SAVE THE DATE
VBS at First Presbyterian
July 31-August 3, 2017
Preschool(age 4)-6th Grade students
- Kathy Huitink undergoing further appointments & tests.
- Doug Vodraska & Ivan Kleeve who are friends of Kelly Swancutt undergoing heart surgery and cancer treatment.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Kieth Tadlock and Bob & Lynn Peterson on the passing of Kieth’s wife and Lynn’s mom, Marian.
- John Mayne upcoming surgery for cancer.
- Jennifer (Hansen) diagnosed with muscle disease.
- Rick Hayes dealing with family tragedies.
- Travis Sweissburger dealing with cancer.
- Julie going through chemo.
- Jim Buetel determining treatment for tumors.
- Marilyn Miller recovering from pneumonia at home.
- Talia Patton recovering from kidney transplant. 3/14
- Beth recovering from kidney surgery.
- Cindy Phillips diagnosed with lymphoma.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with health issues.
- Don Monson recovering at Hawkeye.
- Linda Breuker recovering from cancer surgery.
- Jay Anderson regarding transplant list. 2/22
- Bart Duncan recovering from stroke and surgery at 9000 US Hwy 89, Lot 24, Flagstaff, AZ 86004
- Hilary Vicker battling with breast cancer.
- Hannah Brumley’s grandparents.
- Walt Main recovering from colon surgery. 2/15
- Sue battling cancer.
- Debbie battling cancer.
- Kathy Huitink recovering from tests and treatment at Mayo.
- Denice (Wiersma) recovering from surgery.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
- Finley Brunsvold going through chemo treatments.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 7pm
- Adult Handbell practice – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Act II – 11:20-11:45am at Spirit Lake High School
- Mary/Martha Circle – 1:30pm
- Maundy Thursday Service – 7pm
- Good Friday Service – 7pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service-11:15am
- Hawkeye Service – 2pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Meeting – 5:15pm
- Glimmer of Light Meeting – 7pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist- Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Walt Mendenhall
Ushers – Roger & Karen Lahm, Ruth Ann Kelly & Kelly Swancutt
Greeters – Phyllis Walburg & Bernice Steele
Video Taping – TBD
Nursery – Laurie Steinkuehler & Emma Jenness
Coffee -Steve & Jan Richards
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Annika Stecker, and Meghan Humphrey
Nursery – Teresa Beck
Greeter/Usher – Charlotte Baldwin
Sound – Chris Sill
Power Point – Logan Sill
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA