Your Weekly Update
Please join us at our combined
on Sunday, April 30th at 8:50am.
New Member Recognition
On Sunday, April 30th, there will be a new member recognition for all of the new members who have not yet been publicly acknowledged. Even though some of you have been members for some time, we have not had a special Sunday for recognizing you. You will be asked to come to the front of the church as a group. This will help all of us be better able to match a name with a face and become better acquainted. After the church service, there will be a special coffee time in your honor. We hope to see you there on April 30th. Once again, welcome to First Presbyterian. We are so glad you are a part of our congregation.
Confirmation Sunday will be held on Sunday April 30th. Confirmation students are expected to join us as we celebrate the relationships, faith commitment, and new life that they bring to our congregation. You are also invited to join us for a joint worship service at 8:50am and afterwards for fellowship and celebration including refreshments.
Wednesday, April 26th
Meal: Chicken & Biscuits
Meal Crew: Wayne Johnson, Karey Winkel & Sherryl Jones
Meal Crew Helpers are Needed!
All High School students are encouraged to join Pastor Michael for a bible study and small group at 11:20am-11:45am on Thursday mornings during the high school lunch hour in the conference room within the school office. You are invited! Come ready to dig into the scriptures with us as we seek to grow in our faith and become more faithful followers of Jesus Christ. See you soon!
High School Game Night & Last Youth Group!
Join us for our end of year game night and last high school youth group May 3rd from 7:00pm-8:30pm for a night of fun and games as we celebrate another great year together! Not only will we have a ton of fun but we will talk about the awesome summer events that we will be having this year!
Graduate Recognition Rescheduled
Graduate recognition will be held on May 14th in both services. Please be sure to join us during whichever service you attend most often so that we can celebrate your achievement with you. Make certain to join us for the reception and goodies between services so that the congregation can greet you!
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
Upper Des Moines Food Pantry
The congregations of our county take turns supporting the Upper Des Moines Opportunity Food Pantry. Long ago it was decided by the churches that the county would be best served by having this pantry. Our congregation has the opportunity to provide to the pantry for the months of April and October. Please consider donating your items during the month of April. Items may be placed in the wagon in the Narthex. Monetary gifts are welcome as well.
SAVE THE DATE
VBS at First Presbyterian
July 31-August 3, 2017
Preschool(age 4)-6th Grade students
Salad Recipes Requested from PW Salad Buffet…
Crunchy Pineapple Salad
8 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
8 oz cool whip
20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
Mix softened cream cheese with sugar, add cool whip & drained pineapple. Stir well. Refrigerate.
1 cup crushed pretzels
½ cup sugar
½ cup melted butter
½ cup pecans
Mix pretzels, sugar, butter & pecans. Spread evenly on sprayed cookie sheet & bake 5-10 minutes at 350 (10 is perfect for my oven). Cool & break apart into small pieces. Fold the pretzel mix into rest of salad just before serving.
- 1 Bag of Old Dutch White Gourmet Popcorn
- 2 Bunches of Green Onions, chopped
- 2 Cups of Celery, chopped
- 2 Cans of Sliced Water Chestnuts, chopped
- 2 lbs. of Cooked Bacon, crumbled
- 2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cups of Mayonnaise
- 2/3 Cups of Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Vinegar
- Mix mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together Old Dutch White Gourmet Popcorn, green onions, celery, bacon, and shredded cheese.
- Right before serving mix together the popcorn mixture with the dressing.
- Roger Andersen recovering from surgery.
- Feets Heitritter suffering with brain tumor.
- Don Monson recovering at Hawkeye.
- Kathy Huitink undergoing further appointments & tests.
- Doug Vodraska & Ivan Kleeve who are friends of Kelly Swancutt undergoing heart surgery and cancer treatment.
- John Mayne upcoming surgery for cancer.
- Jennifer Ryker beginning to recover from muscle disease.
- Rick Hayes dealing with family tragedies.
- Travis Sweissburger dealing with cancer.
- Julie going through chemo.
- Jim Buetel determining treatment for tumors.
- Marilyn Miller recovering from pneumonia at home.
- Talia Patton recovering from kidney transplant. 3/14
- Beth recovering from kidney surgery.
- Cindy Phillips diagnosed with lymphoma.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with health issues.
- Linda Breuker recovering from cancer surgery.
- Jay Anderson regarding transplant list. 2/22
- Bart Duncan recovering from stroke and surgery at 9000 US Hwy 89, Lot 24, Flagstaff, AZ 86004
- Hilary Vicker battling with breast cancer.
- Hannah Brumley’s grandparents.
- Walt Main recovering from colon surgery. 2/15
- Sue battling cancer.
- Debbie battling cancer.
- Denice (Wiersma) recovering from surgery.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
- Finley Brunsvold going through chemo treatments.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 7pm
- Adult Handbell practice – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Act II – 11:20-11:45am at Spirit Lake High School
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Adult Ed Classes – 10:30am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Mission Committee Mtg – 6:30pm
- Building & Grounds Comm Mtg – 6:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Blaine Strampe
Ushers – Roger & Karen Lahm, Ruth Ann Kelly & Kelly Swancutt
Greeters – Phyllis Walburg & Bernice Steele
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Nursery – Amy Webber & Emma Loveall
Coffee – Tom & Deb Ditsworth
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Adrie Stecker & Annika Stecker
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA