Your Weekly Update
High School Game Night & Last Youth Group!
Join us for our end of year game night and last high school youth group May 3rd from 6:30pm-8:00pm for a night of fun and games as we celebrate another great year together! Not only will we have a ton of fun but we will talk about the awesome summer events that we will be having this year!
Pictures of Mom
On Sunday, May 14th, we will be honoring all moms for Mother’s Day. Please bring us your favorite picture of “Mom” to be presented in a slide show presentation on Mother’s Day.
Celebration of Life
A Celebration of Life Service for Marian Tadlock will be held on Saturday, March 6th at 11am here at First Presbyterian Church.
Please join us in Fellowship Hall during Coffee Time this Sunday, May 7th for an 89th Birthday Celebration for Bev Butler. Happy Birthday Bev!!!
The Lovealls would like to invite our friends and family at First Presbyterian to celebrate with us at
Bailey Loveall’s wedding
Friday, June 2nd – 3:00pm
At the church.
Cupcake reception to follow in Fellowship Hall
Please RSVP at https://fpcspiritlake.org/bailey-loveall-wedding/ Or call the office and let Cheri or Clint know at 336-1649. If you have already responded, thank you and you do not need to do so again.
Bailey was 6 when we moved to Spirit Lake and though she remembers Texas fondly, this is her home and you all are her church family. It may be crowded, but we would gladly have any of you that can make it join us at her wedding.
All High School students are encouraged to join Pastor Michael for a bible study and small group at 11:20am-11:45am on Thursday mornings during the high school lunch hour in the conference room within the school office. You are invited! Come ready to dig into the scriptures with us as we seek to grow in our faith and become more faithful followers of Jesus Christ. See you soon!
Upcoming Graduation Parties
Everyone is invited to join us at…
Sunday, May 7th
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Pearson Lakes Art Center
2201 Highway 71, Okoboji
Sunday, May 14th
3002 Pinewood Drive, Spirit Lake
Friday, May 19th
4:30 to 7:00pm
First Presbyterian Church
Saturday, May 20th
11 AM – 2 PM
First Presbyterian Church
Graduate Recognition Rescheduled
Graduate recognition will be held on May 14th in both services. Please be sure to join us during whichever service you attend most often so that we can celebrate your achievement with you. Make certain to join us for the reception and goodies between services so that the congregation can greet you!
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
Upper Des Moines Food Pantry
The congregations of our county take turns supporting the Upper Des Moines Opportunity Food Pantry. Long ago it was decided by the churches that the county would be best served by having this pantry. Our congregation has the opportunity to provide to the pantry for the months of April and October. Please consider donating your items during the month of April. Items may be placed in the wagon in the Narthex. Monetary gifts are welcome as well.
Okoboji 200 Bike Ride
I’ll be doing the Okoboji 200 again this year on June 30th to raise money to fight sex trafficking and human slavery in Iowa and the world. Any donations are appreciated.
We will also be hosting some of the riders on June 30 and serving breakfast on July 1st. More details to come, but you can contact the office to volunteer or for more information.
SAVE THE DATE
VBS at First Presbyterian
July 31-August 3, 2017
Preschool(age 4)-6th Grade students
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Mark & Karen Byers on the passing of Karen’s uncle, Wayne Frerichs, this past week.
- Mandi Rodger who will be having surgery.
- Roger Andersen recovering from surgery.
- Feets Heitritter suffering with brain tumor.
- Don Monson recovering at Avera McKennan.
- Kathy Huitink undergoing further appointments & tests.
- Doug Vodraska & Ivan Kleeve who are friends of Kelly Swancutt undergoing heart surgery and cancer treatment.
- John Mayne upcoming surgery for cancer.
- Jennifer Ryker beginning to recover from muscle disease.
- Rick Hayes dealing with family tragedies.
- Travis Sweissburger dealing with cancer.
- Julie going through chemo.
- Jim Buetel determining treatment for tumors.
- Marilyn Miller recovering from pneumonia at home.
- Talia Patton recovering from kidney transplant. 3/14
- Beth recovering from kidney surgery.
- Cindy Phillips diagnosed with lymphoma.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with health issues.
- Linda Breuker recovering from cancer surgery.
- Jay Anderson regarding transplant list. 2/22
- Bart Duncan recovering from stroke and surgery at 9000 US Hwy 89, Lot 24, Flagstaff, AZ 86004
- Hilary Vicker battling with breast cancer.
- Hannah Brumley’s grandparents.
- Walt Main recovering from colon surgery. 2/15
- Sue battling cancer.
- Debbie battling cancer.
- Denice (Wiersma) recovering from surgery.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
- Finley Brunsvold going through chemo treatments.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- High School Youth Group Game Night – 6:30pm
- Adult Handbell practice – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Act II – 11:20-11:45am at Spirit Lake High School
- PW Coordinating Team Mtg – 5pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Final Sunday School – 10:15am
- Final Adult Ed Classes – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at Welcov – 2:45pm
- ILCC Handbell Choir Concert – 7pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Worship Comm Mtg – 5:30pm
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Norlan Top
Ushers – Doug & Jean Kies and Wayne & Kathleen Johnson
Video Taping -Milt Nolting
Nursery – Lisa Kraus
Coffee – Jim & Mary Quitno
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Jeremiah Clay, Meghan Humphrey & Liz Steiner
Nursery- Lindsay VanderWolde
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA