Your Weekly Update
Scavenger Hunt with Hope Reformed Church
High School students, don’t miss out on our end of the year photo scavenger hunt. This year, we are going to partner with Hope Reformed Church in Spencer, IA for an amazing time of fun and fellowship. Be at First Presbyterian Church in Spirit Lake by 6:30pm on May 10th for an incredible night! Bring your phone and a friend.
Parents, we are still in need of chaperones for this event from 6:30-8:30pm and to help drive a group of students.
Congratulations to David Allen, Katelyn Brockmeyer, Hannah Brumley, Josie Byers, Breanna Cother, Alison Duncan, Josie Fagen, Travis Goetsch, Tyler Goetsch, Carly Hassel, Kailee Jenness, Olivia Lopez, Emily Parks, Paige Pearson, Sierra Petersen, Jac Radcliffe, Maddie Richter, Marissa Sill, Blake Tillotson, Brayden Townsend, Brock Tvedte, Dakota VanderWilt, Dillon VanderWilt, Andi Wahl on their upcoming graduation.
We will be honoring them Sunday, May 14th at each of our Worship Services, and a reception will be held during Coffee and Fellowship Time.
Pictures of Mom
Sunday, May 14th, we will be honoring all moms for Mother’s Day. Please bring us your favorite picture of “Mom” to be presented in a slide show presentation on Mother’s Day.
The Lovealls would like to invite our friends and family at First Presbyterian to celebrate with us at
Bailey Loveall’s wedding
Friday, June 2nd – 3:00pm
At the church.
Cupcake reception to follow in Fellowship Hall
Please RSVP at https://fpcspiritlake.org/bailey-loveall-wedding/ Or call the office and let Cheri or Clint know at 336-1649. If you have already responded, thank you and you do not need to do so again.
Bailey was 6 when we moved to Spirit Lake and though she remembers Texas fondly, this is her home and you all are her church family. It may be crowded, but we would gladly have any of you that can make it join us at her wedding.
Upcoming Graduation Parties
Everyone is invited to join us at…
Saturday, May 13th
1:00-4:00 pm at our home
2203 27th St, Spirit Lake
Sunday, May 14th
3002 Pinewood Drive, Spirit Lake
Friday, May 19th
4:30 to 7:00pm
First Presbyterian Church
Saturday, May 20th
11 AM – 2 PM
First Presbyterian Church
Sunday May 21, 2017
3-6pm at our home
3706 Keystone Circle, Spirit Lake
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
All Military personnel, past and present, will be honored on Sunday, May 29th during a slide show presentation.
Please bring in or email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Okoboji 200 Bike Ride
I’ll be doing the Okoboji 200 again this year on June 30th to raise money to fight sex trafficking and human slavery in Iowa and the world. Any donations are appreciated.
We will also be hosting some of the riders on June 30 and serving breakfast on July 1st. More details to come, but you can contact the office to volunteer or for more information.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Rick & Sherri Reinking on the passing of Rick’s mom this past week.
- Audrey Wiersma hospitalized in Sioux Falls with health issues.
- Maryl Glasnapp recovering from surgery.
- Lawrence (Gloria Ditsworth’s brother) cancer has returned.
- Mandi Rodger who will be having surgery.
- Roger Andersen recovering from surgery.
- Feets Heitritter suffering with brain tumor.
- Don Monson recovering at Wesley Acres, 3520 Grand Ave., Rm 136, Des Moines, IA 50312 .
- Kathy Huitink undergoing further appointments & tests.
- Doug Vodraska recovering from heart surgery.
- Ivan Kleeve begins chemo treatment.
- John Mayne upcoming surgery for cancer.
- Jennifer Ryker recovering from muscle disease.
- Rick Hayes dealing with family tragedies.
- Travis Sweissburger dealing with cancer.
- Julie going through chemo.
- Jim Buetel determining treatment for tumors.
- Talia Patton recovering from kidney transplant. 3/14
- Cindy Phillips diagnosed with lymphoma.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with health issues.
- Jay Anderson regarding transplant list. 2/22
- Bart Duncan recovering from stroke and surgery.
- Hilary Vicker battling with breast cancer.
- Hannah Brumley’s grandparents.
- Walt Main recovering from colon surgery. 2/15
- Sue battling cancer.
- Debbie battling cancer.
- Denice (Wiersma) recovering from surgery.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
- Finley Brunsvold going through chemo treatments.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Mission Committee Meeting – 6pm
- High School Scavenger Hunt – 6:30pm
- Adult Handbell practice – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- FPC Ladies Bible Study
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Graduate Reception – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Committee Meeting – 5:15pm
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Jan Bolluyt
Ushers – Wayne & Kathleen Johnson and Steve & Jan Richards
Greeters – Norm Meinking & JoAnn Asa
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Nursery – Kelly Stecker
Coffee – Ray Miller & Carol Armstrong
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Jeremiah Clay, Pressley Cochran-Bray & Marissa Sill
Nursery- Dana Bolluyt
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA