Your Weekly Update
The Lovealls would like to invite our friends and family at First Presbyterian to celebrate with us at
Bailey Loveall’s wedding
Friday, June 2nd – 3:00pm
At the church.
Cupcake reception to follow in Fellowship Hall
Please RSVP at https://fpcspiritlake.org/bailey-loveall-wedding/ Or call the office and let Cheri or Clint know at 336-1649. If you have already responded, thank you and you do not need to do so again.
Bailey was 6 when we moved to Spirit Lake and though she remembers Texas fondly, this is her home and you all are her church family. It may be crowded, but we would gladly have any of you that can make it join us at her wedding.
New Church Directory & Family Portrait Opportunity
Believe it or not, it is time to refresh our church directory once again! The Membership committee invites you to sign up for a photography sitting within one of our two sessions from June 26th-29th and July 19th & 20th. Every family that participates will receive one free 8″x10″ picture as well as a free printed church directory. The photo directory is an important tool that helps connect our church family across our two services and also serves as a great point of contact for our newest members. Please signup for your family’s appointment right away. You can either call in your reservation to the church office or complete it online at https://fpcspiritlake.org/directory/
Upcoming Graduation Parties
Everyone is invited to join us at…
Friday, May 19th
4:30 to 7:00pm
First Presbyterian Church
Saturday, May 20th
11 AM – 2 PM
First Presbyterian Church
Sunday May 21, 2017
3-6pm at our home
3706 Keystone Circle, Spirit Lake
Boundary Waters Canoe Trip Application Open
From August 2nd-7th, First Presbyterian Church will bring 5 high school students on a life changing adventure into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in northern Minnesota. All trip expenses will be covered except for the required clothing and select equipment needed for the trip. (Scholarships are available to alleviate any financial burden.) All interested high school students are invited to submit an application to be considered for the trip no later than May 28th found at fpcspiritlake.org/news. You will be notified of the committee’s selections in early June. Make sure to pass along any questions to Pastor Michael.
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
All Military personnel, past and present, will be honored on Sunday, May 29th during a slide show presentation.
Please bring in or email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Okoboji 200 Bike Ride
I’ll be doing the Okoboji 200 again this year on June 30th to raise money to fight sex trafficking and human slavery in Iowa and the world. Any donations are appreciated.
We will also be hosting some of the riders on June 30 and serving breakfast on July 1st. More details to come, but you can contact the office to volunteer or for more information.
- Darrell Welch recovering from surgery.
- Helen Gerth having back issues.
- Beth Primavera recovering from surgery.
- Audrey Wiersma hospitalized in Sioux Falls with health issues.
- Nan Woods hospitalized in Sioux Falls
- Maryl Glasnapp recovering from surgery.
- Lawrence (Gloria Ditsworth’s brother) cancer has returned.
- Mandi Rodger who is recovering from surgery.
- Feets Heitritter suffering with brain tumor.
- Don Monson recovering at Wesley Acres, 3520 Grand Ave., Rm 136, Des Moines, IA 50312 .
- Kathy Huitink diagnosed with ALS.
- Doug Vodraska recovering from heart surgery.
- Ivan Kleeve begins chemo treatment.
- John Mayne upcoming surgery for cancer.
- Jennifer Ryker recovering from muscle disease.
- Rick Hayes dealing with family tragedies.
- Travis Sweissburger dealing with cancer.
- Julie going through chemo.
- Jim Buetel determining treatment for tumors.
- Talia Patton recovering from kidney transplant. 3/14
- Cindy Phillips diagnosed with lymphoma.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with health issues.
- Jay Anderson regarding transplant list. 2/22
- Bart Duncan recovering from stroke and surgery.
- Hilary Vicker battling with breast cancer.
- Hannah Brumley’s grandparents.
- Walt Main recovering from colon surgery. 2/15
- Sue battling cancer.
- Debbie battling cancer.
- Denice (Wiersma) recovering from surgery.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Adult Handbell practice – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at Hawkeye – 2pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Gloria Ditsworth
Ushers – Wayne & Kathleen Johnson and Doug & Jean Kies
Greeters – Norm Meinking & JoAnn Asa
Video Taping – Owen Primavera
Nursery – Kyley Anderson
Coffee – Edna VanderWolde & Jan Bowles
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team –
Nursery – Marissa Sill
Power Point – Brice Pratt
Sound – Chris Pratt
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA