Your Weekly Update
The Lovealls would like to invite our friends and family at First Presbyterian to celebrate with us at
Bailey Loveall’s wedding
Friday, June 2nd – 3:00pm
At the church.
Cupcake reception to follow in Fellowship Hall
Please RSVP at https://fpcspiritlake.org/bailey-loveall-wedding/ Or call the office and let Cheri or Clint know at 336-1649. If you have already responded, thank you and you do not need to do so again.
Bailey was 6 when we moved to Spirit Lake and though she remembers Texas fondly, this is her home and you all are her church family. It may be crowded, but we would gladly have any of you that can make it join us at her wedding.
Pre-K through 4th grade students are invited to attend Children’s Church, an interactive worship experience, following the children’s sermon during both worship services every Sunday through June and July. Adult leaders will lead students in a time of Bible lessons, music, crafts, and games in the Christian Education wing. Once worship is over, students will enjoy a snack time while adults have a time of coffee and fellowship. Regular Sunday School will not meet during the summer and will resume in the early Fall.
New Church Directory & Family Portrait Opportunity
Believe it or not, it is time to refresh our church directory once again! The Membership committee invites you to sign up for a photography sitting within one of our two sessions from June 26th-29th and July 14th & 15th and 19th & 20th. Every family that participates will receive one free 8″x10″ picture as well as a free printed church directory. The photo directory is an important tool that helps connect our church family across our two services and also serves as a great point of contact for our newest members. Please signup for your family’s appointment right away. You can either call in your reservation to the church office or complete it online at https://fpcspiritlake.org/directory/
Boundary Waters Canoe Trip Application Open
From August 2nd-7th, First Presbyterian Church will bring 5 high school students on a life changing adventure into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in northern Minnesota. All trip expenses will be covered except for the required clothing and select equipment needed for the trip. (Scholarships are available to alleviate any financial burden.) All interested high school students are invited to submit an application to be considered for the trip no later than May 28th found at fpcspiritlake.org/news. You will be notified of the committee’s selections in early June. Make sure to pass along any questions to Pastor Michael.
All Military personnel, past and present, will be honored on Sunday, May 28th during a slide show presentation.
Please bring in or email your photos to email@example.com.
Pictures of Dad
On Sunday, June 18th we will be honoring all dads on Father’s Day. Please bring us your favorite picture of “Dad” to be presented in a slide show presentation on Father’s Day.
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
Okoboji 200 Bike Ride
I’ll be doing the Okoboji 200 again this year on June 30th to raise money to fight sex trafficking and human slavery in Iowa and the world. Any donations are appreciated.
We will also be hosting some of the riders on June 30 and serving breakfast on July 1st. More details to come, but you can contact the office to volunteer or for more information.
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We try to keep freezer meals on hand for families in need, but our collection is getting low. So we are asking for your help in restocking the freezer. Thank you for your continued support in this ministry.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Kirk & Judy Jensen on the passing of Judy’s sister-in-law, Deb.
- Darrell Welch recovering from surgery.
- Helen Gerth having back issues.
- Beth Primavera recovering from surgery.
- Audrey Wiersma recovering at Hawkeye.
- Nan Woods hospitalized in Sioux Falls
- Lawrence (Gloria Ditsworth’s brother) cancer has returned.
- Mandi Rodger who is recovering from surgery.
- Feets Heitritter suffering with brain tumor.
- Don Monson recovering at Wesley Acres, 3520 Grand Ave., Rm 136, Des Moines, IA 50312 .
- Kathy Huitink diagnosed with ALS.
- Doug Vodraska recovering from heart surgery.
- Ivan Kleeve begins chemo treatment.
- John Mayne upcoming surgery for cancer.
- Jennifer Ryker recovering from muscle disease.
- Rick Hayes dealing with family tragedies.
- Travis Sweissburger dealing with cancer.
- Julie going through chemo.
- Jim Buetel determining treatment for tumors.
- Talia Patton recovering from kidney transplant. 3/14
- Cindy Phillips diagnosed with lymphoma.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with health issues.
- Jay Anderson regarding transplant list. 2/22
- Bart Duncan recovering from stroke and surgery.
- Hilary Vicker battling with breast cancer.
- Hannah Brumley’s grandparents.
- Walt Main recovering from colon surgery. 2/15
- Sue battling cancer.
- Debbie battling cancer.
- Denice (Wiersma) recovering from surgery.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Adult Handbell practice – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Office Closed – No PW Sewing
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Bible Study w/Rachelle Gewecke at Rabab’s (formerly Prairie Chick) – 9:30am
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Becki Huisenga
Ushers – Wayne & Kathleen Johnson and Steve & Jan Richards
Greeters – Norm Meinking & JoAnn Asa
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Nursery – Hannah Brumley & Grace Radcliffe
Coffee – Larry & Sharee DenHerder
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Pressley Cochran-Bray, Adrie Stecker & Liz Steiner
Nursery – Teresa Beck
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA