Your Weekly Update
The Lovealls would like to invite our friends and family at First Presbyterian to celebrate with us at
Bailey Loveall’s wedding
Friday, June 2nd – 3:00pm
At the church.
Cupcake reception to follow in Fellowship Hall
Please RSVP at https://fpcspiritlake.org/bailey-loveall-wedding/ Or call the office and let Cheri or Clint know at 336-1649. If you have already responded, thank you and you do not need to do so again.
Bailey was 6 when we moved to Spirit Lake and though she remembers Texas fondly, this is her home and you all are her church family. It may be crowded, but we would gladly have any of you that can make it join us at her wedding.
Pre-K through 4th grade students are invited to attend Children’s Church, an interactive worship experience, following the children’s sermon during both worship services every Sunday through June and July. Adult leaders will lead students in a time of Bible lessons, music, crafts, and games in the Christian Education wing. Once worship is over, students will enjoy a snack time while adults have a time of coffee and fellowship. Regular Sunday School will not meet during the summer and will resume in the early Fall.
New Church Directory & Family Portrait Opportunity
Believe it or not, it is time to refresh our church directory once again! The Membership committee invites you to sign up for a photography sitting within one of our two sessions from June 26th-29th and July 14th & 15th and 19th & 20th. Every family that participates will receive one free 8″x10″ picture as well as a free printed church directory. The photo directory is an important tool that helps connect our church family across our two services and also serves as a great point of contact for our newest members. Please signup for your family’s appointment right away. You can either call in your reservation to the church office or complete it online at https://fpcspiritlake.org/directory/
A big “Thank You” to all who helped me celebrate my 70th birthday last Sunday, including my kids and grandkids who planned the surprise. You all made my day so special with your hugs and birthday wishes. I love my church family and feel so blessed to have you all in my life! God bless you all.
Mission Trip Meeting
The final preparatory mission trip meeting will be held at First Presbyterian Church in Lake Park on Wednesday June 14th at 7pm. Please come to receive the final packing list, a complete trip itinerary, and the final information required for our upcoming Mission trip to NYC.
Pictures of Dad
On Sunday, June 18th we will be honoring all dads on Father’s Day. Please bring us your favorite picture of “Dad” to be presented in a slide show presentation on Father’s Day.
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
Okoboji 200 Bike Ride
I’ll be doing the Okoboji 200 again this year on June 30th to raise money to fight sex trafficking and human slavery in Iowa and the world. Any donations are appreciated.
We will also be hosting some of the riders on June 30 and serving breakfast on July 1st. More details to come, but you can contact the office to volunteer or for more information.
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We try to keep freezer meals on hand for families in need, but our collection is getting low. So we are asking for your help in restocking the freezer. Thank you for your continued support in this ministry.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Jean Leuthauser on her passing this last week.
- Toni Ostendorf treated for respiratory issues.
- Darrell Welch recovering from surgery.
- Helen Gerth having back issues.
- Beth Primavera recovering from surgery.
- Audrey Wiersma recovering at Hawkeye.
- Nan Woods hospitalized in Sioux Falls
- Lawrence (Gloria Ditsworth’s brother) cancer has returned.
- Mandi Rodger who is recovering from surgery.
- Feets Heitritter suffering with brain tumor.
- Don Monson recovering at Wesley Acres, 3520 Grand Ave., Rm 136, Des Moines, IA 50312 .
- Kathy Huitink diagnosed with ALS.
- Doug Vodraska recovering from heart surgery.
- Ivan Kleeve begins chemo treatment.
- John Mayne upcoming surgery for cancer.
- Jennifer Ryker recovering from muscle disease.
- Rick Hayes dealing with family tragedies.
- Travis Sweissburger dealing with cancer.
- Julie going through chemo.
- Jim Buetel determining treatment for tumors.
- Talia Patton recovering from kidney transplant. 3/14
- Cindy Phillips diagnosed with lymphoma.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with health issues.
- Jay Anderson regarding transplant list. 2/22
- Bart Duncan recovering from stroke and surgery.
- Hilary Vicker battling with breast cancer.
- Hannah Brumley’s grandparents.
- Walt Main recovering from colon surgery. 2/15
- Sue battling cancer.
- Debbie battling cancer.
- Denice (Wiersma) recovering from surgery.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Bailey Loveall & Pieter Swart Wedding – 3pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at Welcov – 2:45pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Bible Study w/Rachelle Gewecke at Rabab’s (formerly Prairie Chick) – 9:30am
- High School DQ Night – 8pm
- Building & Grounds Meeting – 6:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Dennis Colton
Ushers – Dennis & Joyce Colton and Marcia & Cassie Eckerman
Greeters – Jack & Sherryl Jones
Video Taping – Wes Farmer
Nursery – June Howatt & Megan Donnenwerth
Coffee – Dan & Peg VanBeek
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Pressley Cochran-Bray & Meghan Humphrey
Nursery – Stacy Howard
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA