Your Weekly Update
New Church Directory & Family Portrait Opportunity
Believe it or not, church directory pictures have started! There are still spots available within one of our two sessions from June 26th-29th and July 14th & 15th and 19th & 20th. Every family that participates will receive one free 8″x10″ picture as well as a free printed church directory. The photo directory is an important tool that helps connect our church family across our two services and also serves as a great point of contact for our newest members. Please signup for your family’s appointment right away. You can either call in your reservation to the church office or complete it online at https://fpcspiritlake.org/directory/
High schoolers! Don’t miss out tonight’s “party game night” at the Gewecke household. The showdown starts at 8pm. We won’t go into detail, as this game is new to the general public, but be sure to bring your cellphones. Snacks & sugar will also be happening.
NYC Mission Trip Commissioning
All participants in the upcoming New York City mission trip are invited to join us for worship this Sunday for either service where we will be praying and commissioning the group for the trip.
Thank you to my church family for all the caring, support and prayers as I battle ALS. With no treatments for ALS at this time, prayer is my only “treatment.” I am praying I get into the treatment group of the clinical trial I was screened for two weeks ago. God bless you all.
5th & 6th Grade Arnold’s Park Outing Rescheduled!
Next year’s 5th & 6th grade students, join us tomorrow, June 28th, for an afternoon of fun at Arnold’s Park and an early dinner at Bob’s for just $10 a student! We will gather at the admission gate at Arnold’s Park at 1pm and students can be picked up at Bob’s at 5pm. Parents, students with a season pass to Arnold’s Park can attend the trip with just a $5 registration. Please let us know if you can make it, so that we can have enough passes reserved!
High School Bible Study
All high schoolers are welcome to join us for our weekly Bible study over the book of James. We’ll be meeting in the Fellowship Hall on Wednesdays at 7am at the church for bagels, muffins, and juice.
Let’s Go (formerly Children’s Church)
Pre-K through 4th grade students are invited to attend Let’s Go (Children’s Church), an interactive worship experience, following the children’s sermon during both worship services every Sunday through June and July. Adult leaders will lead students in a time of Bible lessons, music, crafts, and games in the Christian Education wing. Once worship is over, students will enjoy a snack time while adults have a time of coffee and fellowship. Regular Sunday School will not meet during the summer and will resume in the early Fall.
VBS Craft Needs!
Please donate t-shirts, any/all sizes, for one of the crafts we will be doing during VBS. The shirts need to be clean and print-free on the back. If there are designs or stains on the front, that is fine, but the back needs to be In super shape! Leave the shirts in the office with Cheri.
Let us know if you have questions.
Last Chance for Early VBS Registration Promotion!
Early VBS registration ends at the end of June, be sure to register today to receive your free CD! Click here to sign up today…
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We try to keep freezer meals on hand for families in need, but our collection is getting low. So we are asking for your help in restocking the freezer. Thank you for your continued support in this ministry.
- Arlene Wells in the hospital.
- June LaValleur diagnosed with cancer.
- Mike Reekers diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis.
- Bob Glover dealing with severe respiratory issues.
- Kathy Huitink diagnosed with ALS, praying she is chosen for a test group.
- Colleen & Josie Bomgaars, Madison & Cameron Pottebaum recovering from a car accident.
- Paul Scharnberg battling cancer reoccurrence.
- Amy Webber recovering from asthma.
- Heidi (Stover) recovering from thyroid surgery.
- Marcia VanRoekel recovering at home from surgery.
- Ruth DeJong recovering from infection after hip surgery.
- Barb Altena’s father recovering after having a stent put in.
- Toni Ostendorf treated for respiratory issues.
- Darrell Welch recovering from surgery.
- Helen Gerth back issues.
- Beth Primavera recovering from surgery.
- Audrey Wiersma in Hospice at Hawkeye.
- Nan Woods with continuing health issues.
- Lawrence (Gloria Ditsworth’s brother) cancer radiation complete, results in August.
- Mandi Rodger who is recovering from surgery.
- Feets Heitritter suffering with brain tumor.
- Don Monson recovering at Wesley Acres, 3520 Grand Ave., Rm 136, Des Moines, IA 50312 .
- Doug Vodraska recovering from heart surgery.
- Ivan Kleeve begins chemo treatment.
- John Mayne battling cancer.
- Jennifer Ryker recovering from muscle disease
- Travis Sweissburger dealing with cancer.
- Julie going through chemo.
- Jim Bueltel battling cancer.
- Talia Patton recovering from kidney transplant. 3/14
- Cindy Phillips diagnosed with lymphoma.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with health issues.
- Jay Anderson regarding transplant list. 2/22
- Bart Duncan recovering from stroke.
- Hilary Vicker battling with breast cancer.
- Sue battling cancer.
- Debbie battling cancer.
- Denice (Wiersma) recovering from surgery.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at Welcov – 2:45pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- No Weekly Prayer
- No Bible Study w/Rachelle Gewecke at Rabab’s (formerly Prairie Chick)
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Pam DenHerder
Ushers – Bob & Lynn Peterson
Greeters – Kieth Tadlock & Marvin Stockdale
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Nursery – Ruth Ann Kelly & Kelly Stecker
Coffee – Tom & Deb Ditsworth
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Brianna Pratt & Annika Stecker
Nursery – Milly Tillotson
Power Point – Brice Pratt
Sound – Chris Pratt
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA