Your Weekly Update
Keep up to date with the New York City Mission Trip from Wednesday July 5th through Monday July 10th and keep our students and adults in prayer as they serve others in the name of Christ. Updates and pictures will be shared nightly on our website sentbylove.com!
New Church Directory & Family Portrait Opportunity
Believe it or not, church directory pictures have started! There are still spots available within one of our two sessions from June 26th-29th and July 14th & 15th and 19th & 20th. Every family that participates will receive one free 8″x10″ picture as well as a free printed church directory. The photo directory is an important tool that helps connect our church family across our two services and also serves as a great point of contact for our newest members. Please signup for your family’s appointment right away. You can either call in your reservation to the church office or complete it online at https://fpcspiritlake.org/directory/
Let’s Go (formerly Children’s Church)
Pre-K through 4th grade students are invited to attend Let’s Go (Children’s Church), an interactive worship experience, following the children’s sermon during both worship services every Sunday through June and July. Adult leaders will lead students in a time of Bible lessons, music, crafts, and games in the Christian Education wing. Once worship is over, students will enjoy a snack time while adults have a time of coffee and fellowship. Regular Sunday School will not meet during the summer and will resume in the early Fall.
With both pastors out on the NYC Mission trip, please be sure to call the office at 712-336-1649 with any pastoral concerns. The elders and deacons will be making visits during the pastors’ absence and local pastors are available in the event of a pastoral emergency.
VBS Craft Needs!
Please donate t-shirts, any/all sizes, for one of the crafts we will be doing during VBS. The shirts need to be clean and print-free on the back. If there are designs or stains on the front, that is fine, but the back needs to be In super shape! Leave the shirts in the office with Cheri.
Let us know if you have questions.
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We try to keep freezer meals on hand for families in need, but our collection is getting low. So we are asking for your help in restocking the freezer. Thank you for your continued support in this ministry.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Nancy Radcliffe on the passing of her mom, Arlene Wells, this past week.
- Jen Watts niece recovering from surgery.
- Roxie Moriston’s upcoming surgery.
- June LaValleur recovering from surgery.
- Mike Reekers diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis.
- Marj Schneidawind recovering from knee surgery.
- Bob Glover dealing with severe respiratory issues.
- Kathy Huitink diagnosed with ALS, praying she is chosen for a test group.
- Colleen & Josie Bomgaars, Madison & Cameron Pottebaum recovering from a car accident.
- Paul Scharnberg battling cancer reoccurrence.
- Amy Webber recovering from asthma.
- Heidi (Stover) recovering from thyroid surgery.
- Marcia VanRoekel recovering at home from surgery.
- Ruth DeJong recovering from infection after hip surgery.
- Barb Altena’s father recovering after having a stent put in.
- Toni Ostendorf treated for respiratory issues.
- Darrell Welch recovering from surgery.
- Helen Gerth back issues.
- Beth Primavera recovering from surgery.
- Audrey Wiersma in Hospice at Hawkeye.
- Nan Woods with continuing health issues.
- Lawrence (Gloria Ditsworth’s brother) cancer radiation complete, results in August.
- Mandi Rodger who is recovering from surgery.
- Feets Heitritter suffering with brain tumor.
- Don Monson recovering at Wesley Acres, 3520 Grand Ave., Rm 136, Des Moines, IA 50312 .
- Doug Vodraska recovering from heart surgery.
- Ivan Kleeve begins chemo treatment.
- John Mayne battling cancer.
- Jennifer Ryker recovering from muscle disease
- Travis Sweissburger dealing with cancer.
- Julie going through chemo.
- Jim Bueltel battling cancer.
- Talia Patton recovering from kidney transplant. 3/14
- Cindy Phillips diagnosed with lymphoma.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with health issues.
- Jay Anderson regarding transplant list. 2/22
- Bart Duncan recovering from stroke.
- Hilary Vicker battling with breast cancer.
- Sue battling cancer.
- Debbie battling cancer.
- Denice (Wiersma) recovering from surgery.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- Weekly Prayer
- Bible Study w/Rachelle Gewecke at Rabab’s (formerly Prairie Chick)
- Building & Grounds Committee Meeting – 6:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Owen Primavera
Ushers – Bob & Lynn Peterson and Doug & Karen Kaiser
Greeters – Kieth Tadlock & Marvin Stockdale
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Nursery -Amy Webber & Emma Loveall
Coffee – Dan & Peg VanBeek
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Adrie Stecker, Liz Steiner & Ron Williams
Nursery – Lindsay VanderWolde
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA