Your Weekly Update
7th & 8th Graders…
- Thursday, July 13th
- Okoboji Boat Works
- 1:30 – 4:30pm
- Summer snacks, beach games and an afternoon by the water.
New Church Directory & Family Portrait Opportunity
Believe it or not, church directory pictures have started! There are still spots available within one of our two sessions from June 26th-29th and July 14th & 15th and 19th & 20th. Every family that participates will receive one free 8″x10″ picture as well as a free printed church directory. The photo directory is an important tool that helps connect our church family across our two services and also serves as a great point of contact for our newest members. Please signup for your family’s appointment right away. You can either call in your reservation to the church office or complete it online at https://fpcspiritlake.org/directory/
Pastor Clint, Pastor Michael and church family,
Thank you, again, for prayers, God has answered. I have been accepted into the treatment group for the clinical trial. I am overwhelmed with emotion, thankfulness, and hope. Now, I pray that the new treatment is effective in slowing the progression of my ALS. God bless-
Let’s Go (formerly Children’s Church)
Pre-K through 4th grade students are invited to attend Let’s Go (Children’s Church), an interactive worship experience, following the children’s sermon during both worship services every Sunday through June and July. Adult leaders will lead students in a time of Bible lessons, music, crafts, and games in the Christian Education wing. Once worship is over, students will enjoy a snack time while adults have a time of coffee and fellowship. Regular Sunday School will not meet during the summer and will resume in the early Fall.
High School Bible Study
All high schoolers are welcome to join us for our weekly Bible study over the book of James. We’ll be meeting in the Fellowship Hall again on Wednesdays at 7am on July 19th at the church for bagels, muffins, and juice.
First Presbyterian Open Golf Tournament
Registration for the First Presbyterian Open golf tournament to be held at the Okoboji View Golf Course will begin Sunday, July 16th. The tournament will be two person best shot scored Peoria style. Nine holes of golf plus cart will be $25 and the awards steak or chicken dinner will be $20. You need not play golf to attend the dinner, but will need a reservation. Reservations made be made at church or by calling Lynn Peterson at 712-332-6374. Cut off date is July 30th.
We have four tee times beginning at 2:00 pm. on August 6th. Please register as soon as possible so that we have enough tee times to accommodate all our golfers. Teams may consist of man and woman, two men, or two women. If you can’t find a partner let us know we’ll find you one.
There will be flag prizes and first second and third place team prizes, plus other fun prizes and awards.
VBS Craft Needs!
Please donate t-shirts, any/all sizes, for one of the crafts we will be doing during VBS. The shirts need to be clean and print-free on the back. If there are designs or stains on the front, that is fine, but the back needs to be In super shape! Leave the shirts in the office with Cheri.
Let us know if you have questions.
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We try to keep freezer meals on hand for families in need, but our collection is getting low. So we are asking for your help in restocking the freezer. Thank you for your continued support in this ministry.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Bob Glover on his passing.
- Jim Watts, Sr. upcoming surgery.
- Stan Sybesma’s upcoming surgery on Wednesday.
- Neil Heiser recovering from knee surgery.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
- Mandi Rodger returning to Romania on July 10th.
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie’s upcoming skin graft surgery.
- Roxie Moriston’s upcoming surgery.
- June LaValleur recovering from surgery.
- Mike Reekers diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis.
- Marj Schneidawind recovering from knee surgery.
- Kathy Huitink diagnosed with ALS, and she has been chosen for a test group.
- Colleen Bomgaars recovering from a car accident.
- Paul Scharnberg battling cancer reoccurrence.
- Amy Webber recovering from asthma.
- Heidi (Stover) recovering from thyroid surgery.
- Marcia VanRoekel recovering at home from surgery.
- Ruth DeJong recovering from infection after hip surgery.
- Barb Altena’s father recovering after having a stent put in.
- Toni Ostendorf treated for respiratory issues.
- Darrell Welch recovering from surgery.
- Helen Gerth back issues.
- Beth Primavera recovering from surgery.
- Audrey Wiersma in Hospice at Hawkeye.
- Nan Woods with continuing health issues.
- Lawrence (Gloria Ditsworth’s brother) cancer radiation complete, results in August.
- Feets Heitritter suffering with brain tumor.
- Don Monson recovering at Wesley Acres, 3520 Grand Ave., Rm 136, Des Moines, IA 50312 .
- Doug Vodraska recovering from heart surgery.
- Ivan Kleeve begins chemo treatment.
- John Mayne battling cancer.
- Jennifer Ryker recovering from muscle disease
- Travis Sweissburger dealing with cancer.
- Julie going through chemo.
- Jim Bueltel battling cancer.
- Talia Patton recovering from kidney transplant. 3/14
- Cindy Phillips diagnosed with lymphoma.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with health issues.
- Jay Anderson regarding transplant list. 2/22
- Bart Duncan recovering from stroke.
- Hilary Vicker battling with breast cancer.
- Sue battling cancer.
- Debbie battling cancer.
- Denice (Wiersma) recovering from surgery.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- 7th & 8th Grade Beach Day
- Picture day from 2-9pm
(Make your appointment if you haven’t done so already.)
- Picture Day from 9am-4pm
(Make your appointment if you haven’t done so already.)
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at Hawkeye – 2pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Committee Meeting – 5:15pm
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Bible Study w/Rachelle Gewecke at Rabab’s (formerly Prairie Chick) – 9:30am
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Doug Stueven
Ushers – Bob & Lynn Peterson and Doug & Karen Kaiser
Greeters – Kieth Tadlock & Marvin Stockdale
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Soundbooth – Mike Reekers, Tom Ditsworth & Jackie Jenkins
Nursery – Hannah Brumley & Grace Radcliffe
Coffee – Jack & Margie Burrell
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Emily Andersen,
Nursery – Dana Bolluyt
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA