Your Weekly Update
5th & 6th Grade
“Taco House and Mini Golf”
- Meet at: Taco House – 12:30pm
- Pick up: Pirates Cove Mini Golf – 4pm
New Church Directory & Family Portrait Opportunity
Believe it or not, church directory pictures are almost over! There are still spots available within one of our sessions on July 20th. Every family that participates will receive one free 8″x10″ picture as well as a free printed church directory. The photo directory is an important tool that helps connect our church family across our two services and also serves as a great point of contact for our newest members. Please signup for your family’s appointment right away. You can either call in your reservation to the church office or complete it online at https://fpcspiritlake.org/directory/
During the month of July, the Okoboji Foundation will be giving $5000 to the organization which generates the most donations among its clients, which includes First Presbyterian Church. For additional information, you can check http://www.okobojifoundation.org/#!donate-now/c1xji, or contact John Ziegenbusch or Brett Johnson.
Click here to Give Okoboji!
Vacation Bible School Needs
Craft Needs: Please donate t-shirts, any/all adult sizes, for one of the crafts we will be doing during VBS. The shirts need to be clean and print-free on the back. If there are designs or stains on the front, that is fine, but the back needs to be In super shape! Leave the shirts in the office with Cheri. Let us know if you have questions.
Snack Needs: A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex for the snacks needed for Vacation Bible School. Please sign up today and deliver your snacks here to the church no later than Sunday, July 30th.
Let’s Go (formerly Children’s Church)
Pre-K through 4th grade students are invited to attend Let’s Go (Children’s Church), an interactive worship experience, following the children’s sermon during both worship services every Sunday through June and July. Adult leaders will lead students in a time of Bible lessons, music, crafts, and games in the Christian Education wing. Once worship is over, students will enjoy a snack time while adults have a time of coffee and fellowship. Regular Sunday School will not meet during the summer and will resume in the early Fall.
High School Bible Study
All high schoolers are welcome to join us for our weekly Bible study over the book of James. We’ll be meeting in the Fellowship Hall again on Wednesdays at 7am on July 19th at the church for bagels, muffins, and juice.
Family Backyard Movie Night
What: You are invited to the Congregational
Life Church Family Backyard Movie Night
When: Wednesday, July 26, 7:30 p.m.
Where: Kelly & Deb McKeever’s Home
961 27th Street
Please join us @ 7:30 for an ice cream social. The family friendly movie will start around 9 p.m. Please bring blankets or chairs! RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 712-320-6996 (Judy’s cell) by July 24th.
p.s. – Of course there will be popcorn!
First Presbyterian Open Golf Tournament
Registration for the First Presbyterian Open golf tournament to be held at the Okoboji View Golf Course has begun. The tournament will be two person best shot scored Peoria style. Nine holes of golf plus cart will be $25 and the awards steak or chicken dinner will be $20. You need not play golf to attend the dinner, but will need a reservation. Reservations may be made at church or by calling Lynn Peterson at 712-332-6374. Cut off date is July 30th.
We have four tee times beginning at 2:00 pm. on August 6th. Please register as soon as possible so that we have enough tee times to accommodate all our golfers. Teams may consist of man and woman, two men, or two women. If you can’t find a partner let us know we’ll find you one.
There will be flag prizes, first, second and third place team prizes, plus other fun prizes and awards.
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We try to keep freezer meals on hand for families in need, but our collection is getting low. So we are asking for your help in restocking the freezer. Thank you for your continued support in this ministry.
Anyone Traveling to Kenosha or LaCrosse, WI??
We are looking for someone who might be traveling in this direction and would have some extra room for some boxes and a bar stool and be willing to drop it off. You would be compensated for your travels. Please contact the office if you are interested.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Jake Hoffman on his passing.
- Leona Koele recovering from surgery.
- Jim Watts, Sr. upcoming surgery.
- Stan Sybesma recovering from surgery.
- Neil Heiser recovering from knee surgery.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie’s recovering from skin graft surgery.
- Roxie Moriston recovering from surgery.
- June LaValleur recovering from surgery.
- Mike Reekers diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis.
- Marj Schneidawind recovering from knee surgery.
- Kathy Huitink diagnosed with ALS, and she has been chosen for a test group.
- Colleen Bomgaars recovering from a car accident.
- Paul Scharnberg battling cancer reoccurrence.
- Amy Webber recovering from asthma.
- Heidi (Stover) recovering from thyroid surgery.
- Marcia VanRoekel recovering at home from surgery.
- Ruth DeJong recovering from infection after hip surgery.
- Barb Altena’s father recovering after having a stent put in.
- Toni Ostendorf treated for respiratory issues.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Picture day from 2-9pm
- 6th & 6th Grade Taco House and Mini Golf Day – 12:30pm
- Final Picture day from 2-9pm
(Make your appointment if you haven’t done so already.)
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at Hawkeye – 2pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Bible Study w/Rachelle Gewecke at Rabab’s (formerly Prairie Chick) – 9:30am
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Ray Miller
Ushers – Bob & Lynn Peterson and Doug & Karen Kaiser
Greeters – Kieth Tadlock & Marvin Stockdale
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Soundbooth – Pat Butler, Tom Ditsworth & Jackie Jenkins
Nursery – Kyley Anderson & June Howatt
Coffee – Edna VanderWolde & Jan Bowles
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Brianna Pratt & Annika Stecker
Nursery – Marissa Sill
Power Point – Brice Pratt
Sound – Chris Pratt
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA