Your Weekly Update
VBS Family Night Celebration
Please join us for the end of VBS “Family Night Celebration” program on Thursday, August 3rd at 6:30pm. Come see what your children have been up to this past week!
Aug 13th: Wild Water West End of Summer Bash
Beat the summer heat with the lazy river, wave pool, and water slides galore. We will leave following the first service on Sunday, August 13th at 10:30am from the church and return no later than 9:00pm. Two meals, water park entrance, and transportation are included for free and friends are always welcome. The only catch? You must be registered by no later than Wednesday, August 9th! Register today by clicking the Wild Water West link on our website!
Thank you to all the members and friends who attended our 60th Anniversary Coffee last Sunday. We were so pleased to see so many old friends and many new ones. Your presence, cards and good wishes were very much appreciated. It was a day to remember.
Don & Wilma Clauson
Final High School Bible Study
All high schoolers are welcome to join us for our final Bible study on the book of James. We’ll be meeting in the Fellowship Hall, Wednesday, August 2nd, 7am at the church for bagels, muffins, and juice.
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We try to keep freezer meals on hand for families in need, but our collection is getting low. So we are asking for your help in restocking the freezer. Thank you for your continued support in this ministry.
Built for Others Golf Outing
Join us August 16, 2017 for a wonderful day of golfing and fun. There will be a shotgun start at 1:30pm at Okoboji View Golf Course. Lunch will be served before hand. All proceeds raised will support the Spirit Lake School Foundation. Brochures/Registration forms are located on the table in the narthex.
12:00pm – Check In
12:30pm – Lunch
1:00pm – Speaker
1:30pm – Shotgun Start
- Laurie Phillips hospitalized with medical issues.
- Mark Goetsch recovering in the hospital.
- Linnea Lambert in the hospital.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Phil DenHerder going through tests this week.
- Don Monson hospitalized with lung issues.
- Leona Koele recovering from surgery.
- Jim Watts, Sr. recovering from surgery.
- Stan Sybesma recovering from surgery.
- Neil Heiser recovering from knee surgery.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie, recovering from surgery.
- Roxie Moriston recovering from surgery.
- June LaValleur recovering from surgery.
- Mike Reekers diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis.
- Marj Schneidawind recovering from knee surgery.
- Kathy Huitink with ALS, and she has been chosen for a test group.
- Colleen Bomgaars recovering from a car accident.
- Paul Scharnberg battling cancer reoccurrence.
- Amy Webber recovering from asthma.
- Marcia VanRoekel recovering from surgery.
- Ruth DeJong recovering from infection after hip surgery.
- Toni Ostendorf treated for respiratory issues.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Final HS Bible Study – 7am
- VBS – 8:30am
- PW Coordinating Team Meeting – 5pm
- VBS Family Night Celebration – 6:30pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Wayne & Kathleen Johnson’s Anniversary and
- Ron Jenkins 80th Birthday Celebration – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at Welcov – 2:45pm
- PW Sewing
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Bible Study w/Rachelle Gewecke at Rabab’s (formerly Prairie Chick)
- Mission Committee Meeting – 6pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Ron Williams
Ushers – Chuck & Gloria Ditsworth, Tom Brodie & John Calsbeek
Greeters – Randy & Vonda Buchman
Video Taping – Wes Farmer
Soundbooth – Mike Reekers, Pat Butler & Jackie Jenkins
Nursery – Angie Peterson & Grace Radcliffe
Coffee – Wayne & Kathleen Johnson
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Marissa Sill, Adrie Stecker & Liz Steiner
Nursery – Natasha Nelson
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA