Your Weekly Update
Aug 13th: Wild Water West End of Summer Bash
Beat the summer heat with the lazy river, wave pool, and water slides galore. We will leave following the first service on Sunday, August 13th at 10:30am from the church and return no later than 9:00pm. Two meals, water park entrance, and transportation are included for free and friends are always welcome. The only catch? You must be registered by no later than Wednesday, August 9th! Register today by clicking the Wild Water West link on our website!
The family of Arlene Wells would like to say thank you for the many cards, flowers, and kind expressions of sympathy. The church family at First Presbyterian meant the world to her. Your support at this time was very much appreciated and a great comfort to our family.
Nancy Radcliffe, Amy Benge, David Wells, Marcia Welle, Deb Kyle, Dale Wells and families.
FPC Golf Open Winners
Gross Low winners: Dan & Lori Vicker
Gross High winners: Wayne & Kathleen Johnson
Net Low winners: Bob Peterson & Kieth Tadlock
2nd Low winners: Larry DenHerder & Nor Top
3rd Low winners: Neil Heiser & Lee Riemersma
Two old duffers: Kieth Tadlock & Jake DeJong
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We try to keep freezer meals on hand for families in need, but our collection is getting low. So we are asking for your help in restocking the freezer. Thank you for your continued support in this ministry.
Built for Others Golf Outing
Join us August 16, 2017 for a wonderful day of golfing and fun. There will be a shotgun start at 1:30pm at Okoboji View Golf Course. Lunch will be served before hand. All proceeds raised will support the Spirit Lake School Foundation. Brochures/Registration forms are located on the table in the narthex.
12:00pm – Check In
12:30pm – Lunch
1:00pm – Speaker
1:30pm – Shotgun Start
Cherish House Residents in Need of School Supplies
First Presbyterian Church will be collecting school supplies for the residents of Cherish House. They can house up to six girls but are planning on two-three for the school year. The supplies needed are loose leaf paper, notebooks, folders, 3 ring binders, markers, highlighters, pencils, pens, backpacks, scientific calculator. We will collect these supplies in the wagon in the narthex. Thank you for your support.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Don Monson on his passing this past week.
- Our sympathies are extended to Jackie & Jordan Bird on the loss of their stillborn baby.
- Jared Lewis recovering from surgery.
- Lewis Johnson recovering from surgery.
- Laurie Phillips hospitalized with medical issues.
- Mark Goetsch recovering in the hospital.
- Linnea Lambert recovering at home.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Phil DenHerder awaiting upcoming surgery.
- Leona Koele recovering from surgery.
- Jim Watts, Sr. recovering from surgery.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie, recovering from surgery.
- Roxie Moriston recovering from surgery.
- June LaValleur praise for a good report regarding her cancer.
- Mike Reekers diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis.
- Marj Schneidawind recovering from knee surgery.
- Kathy Huitink with ALS, and she has been chosen for a test group.
- Colleen Bomgaars recovering from a car accident.
- Paul Scharnberg battling cancer reoccurrence.
- Toni Ostendorf treated for respiratory issues.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- 7th – 12th Grade leave for Wild Water West – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing
- Stewardship Committee Meeting – 5:15pm
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Bible Study w/Rachelle Gewecke at Rabab’s (formerly Prairie Chick) – 9:30am
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Becki Huisenga
Ushers – Chuck & Gloria Ditsworth, Tom Brodie & John Calsbeek
Greeters – Randy & Vonda Buchman
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Soundbooth – Pat Butler, Tom Ditsworth & Jackie Jenkins
Nursery – Angie Peterson & Grace Radcliffe
Coffee – Wayne & Kathleen Johnson
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Jeremiah Clay, Anna Coffin & Liz Steiner
Nursery – Kari Bruinsma
Power Point – Brice Pratt
Sound – Chris Pratt
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA