Your Weekly Update
Built for Others Golf Outing
Join us August 16, 2017 for a wonderful day of golfing and fun. There will be a shotgun start at 1:30pm at Okoboji View Golf Course. Lunch will be served before hand. All proceeds raised will support the Spirit Lake School Foundation. Brochures/Registration forms are located on the table in the narthex.
12:00pm – Check In
12:30pm – Lunch
1:00pm – Speaker
1:30pm – Shotgun Start
A “Special Thank You” to all visitors and for the cards, flowers and treats received during my stay at the hospital for knee replacement and during my rehab at Hawkeye Care Center. All was greatly appreciated and will be remembered.
Marjorie (Marge) Schneidawind
In September our church will deliver meals to community shut-ins. Delivering Meals-On-Wheels takes about 30-45 minutes. You may sign up for any amount of days. Maybe you prefer one day a week, for instance every Monday, or every day for a week or different days during the month.
Substitutes are available so don’t let the fact that you are going to be gone one time stop you from signing up. You pick up the meals at the hospital kitchen at 11:00am. This usually is done with a partner to make the job fun and faster. Meals are delivered every day of the week except Sunday.
Delivering Meals-On-Wheels to our community shut-ins is a rewarding experience and you will be glad you took part in it.
A calendar is placed on an easel in the Narthex for you to sign up on. If you have any questions please contact Milt Nolting at 336-4336.
Again, this year, First Presbyterian Church will be hosting breakfast and team devotionals on varsity game days. This has been a great experience for us and we are thankful for the opportunity to welcome the team. The numbers have grown steadily and we are regularly serving well over 75 young men at each meal. In order to keep up with the demand, we need your help. This can involve donating food, cooking, serving, or coordinating volunteers. If you are interested in being a part of a breakfast team, call 336-1649, check the sign up sheet in the narthex or sign up on our website.
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We try to keep freezer meals on hand for families in need, but our collection is getting low. So we are asking for your help in restocking the freezer. Thank you for your continued support in this ministry.
Cherish House Residents in Need of School Supplies
First Presbyterian Church will be collecting school supplies for the residents of Cherish House. They can house up to six girls but are planning on two-three for the school year. The supplies needed are loose leaf paper, notebooks, folders, 3 ring binders, markers, highlighters, pencils, pens, backpacks, scientific calculator. We will collect these supplies in the wagon in the narthex. Thank you for your support.
- Jared Lewis recovering from surgery, and will go back for a 2nd surgery in 2-3 weeks.
- Lewis Johnson recovering from surgery.
- Laurie Phillips hospitalized with medical issues.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from medical issues.
- Linnea Lambert recovering at home.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Phil DenHerder awaiting upcoming surgery.
- Leona Koele recovering from surgery.
- Jim Watts, Sr. recovering from surgery.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie, recovering from surgery.
- Roxie Moriston recovering from surgery.
- Mike Reekers diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis.
- Kathy Huitink with ALS, and she has been chosen for a test group.
- Colleen Bomgaars recovering from a car accident.
- Paul Scharnberg battling cancer reoccurrence.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at Hawkeye – 2pm
- PW Sewing
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Bible Study w/Rachelle Gewecke at Rabab’s (formerly Prairie Chick) – 9:30am
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – John Knabe
Ushers – Chuck & Gloria Ditsworth, Tom Brodie & John Calsbeek
Greeters – Randy & Vonda Buchman
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Soundbooth – Mike Reekers, Tom Ditsworth & Jackie Jenkins
Nursery – Ruth Ann Kelly
Coffee – Jerry & Dorothy Ingvall & Mary Cornell
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Pressley Cochran-Bray, Annika Stecker
Nursery – Teresa Beck
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA