Your Weekly Update
In September our church will deliver meals to community shut-ins. Delivering Meals-On-Wheels takes about 30-45 minutes. You may sign up for any amount of days. Maybe you prefer one day a week, for instance every Monday, or every day for a week or different days during the month.
Substitutes are available so don’t let the fact that you are going to be gone one time stop you from signing up. You pick up the meals at the hospital kitchen at 11:00am. This usually is done with a partner to make the job fun and faster. Meals are delivered every day of the week except Sunday.
Delivering Meals-On-Wheels to our community shut-ins is a rewarding experience and you will be glad you took part in it.
A calendar is placed on an easel in the Narthex for you to sign up on. We currently have 5 openings that still need to be filled. If you have any questions please contact Milt Nolting at 336-4336.
50th Wedding Anniversary
The family of Joe & Ida Estes would like to thank you for your love and friendship over the past 50 years. Please share a memory in a card which may be sent to Joe and Ida at 24270 140th St., Spirit Lake. Blessings on your 50th Wedding Anniversary Joe & Ida!
Stacey, Joe & John
Again, this year, First Presbyterian Church will be hosting breakfast and team devotionals on varsity game days. This has been a great experience for us and we are thankful for the opportunity to welcome the team. The numbers have grown steadily and we are regularly serving well over 60 young men at each meal. In order to keep up with the demand, we need your help. This can involve donating food, cooking, serving, or coordinating volunteers. If you are interested in being a part of a breakfast team, call 336-1649, check the sign up sheet in the narthex or sign up on our website.
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We try to keep freezer meals on hand for families in need, but our collection is getting low. So we are asking for your help in restocking the freezer. Thank you for your continued support in this ministry.
Cherish House Residents in Need of School Supplies
First Presbyterian Church will be collecting school supplies for the residents of Cherish House. They can house up to six girls but are planning on two-three for the school year. The supplies needed are loose leaf paper, notebooks, folders, 3 ring binders, markers, highlighters, pencils, pens, backpacks, scientific calculator. We will collect these supplies in the wagon in the narthex. Thank you for your support.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Todd Thompson on his passing this past week.
- Dave Dau awaiting upcoming surgery.
- Lawrence Lupkes beginning new treatment.
- Kelly Swancutt having medical issues.
- Jared Lewis recovering from surgery, and will go back for a 2nd surgery in 2-3 weeks.
- Lewis Johnson recovering from surgery.
- Laurie Phillips hospitalized with medical issues.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from medical issues.
- Linnea Lambert recovering at home.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Phil DenHerder recovering from surgery.
- Leona Koele recovering from surgery.
- Jim Watts, Sr. recovering from surgery.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie, recovering from surgery.
- Roxie Moriston undergoing chemotherapy.
- Mike Reekers diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis.
- Kathy Huitink with ALS, and she has been chosen for a test group.
- Colleen Bomgaars recovering from a car accident.
- Paul Scharnberg battling cancer reoccurrence.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Bible Study w/Rachelle Gewecke at Rabab’s (formerly Prairie Chick) – 9:30am
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Rick Reinking
Ushers – Chuck & Gloria Ditsworth, Tom Brodie & John Calsbeek
Greeters – Randy & Vonda Buchman
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Soundbooth – Pat Butler, Tom Ditsworth & Jackie Jenkins
Nursery – Amy Webber & Emma Jenness
Coffee – Ray Miller & Carol Armstrong
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Pressley Cochran-Bray, Brianna Pratt & Liz Steiner
Nursery – Sarah Dirks
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA