Your Weekly Update
All teachers (Recharge and Sunday School) are invited to a short informational meeting on Wednesday September 6th at 5:30pm in the Fireside room to learn more about classroom policies, curriculum, and changes in this year’s programming. Thank you for your willingness to teach the young disciples in our congregation! We are blessed and excited to start the new year with you.
High School Parent Meeting:
All parents of 9th-12th graders are invited to join Pastor Michael on September 6th starting at 7:00pm in the Fireside room to learn more about the variety of youth ministries available in our congregation from the Act II Bible study, to our regular Wednesday youth group, to our summer mission trip, and fellowship activities, there are plenty of ways for your student to plug into the ministry life of our congregation.
Again, this year, First Presbyterian Church will be hosting breakfast and team devotionals on varsity game days. This has been a great experience for us and we are thankful for the opportunity to welcome the team. The numbers have grown steadily and we are regularly serving well over 70 young men at each meal. In order to keep up with the demand, we need your help. This can involve donating food, cooking, serving, or coordinating volunteers. If you are interested in being a part of a breakfast team, call 336-1649, check the sign up sheet in the narthex or sign up on our website.
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We try to keep freezer meals on hand for families in need, but our collection is getting low. So we are asking for your help in restocking the freezer. Thank you for your continued support in this ministry.
Cherish House Residents in Need of School Supplies
First Presbyterian Church will be collecting school supplies for the residents of Cherish House. They can house up to six girls but are planning on two-three for the school year. The supplies needed are loose leaf paper, notebooks, folders, 3 ring binders, markers, highlighters, pencils, pens, backpacks, scientific calculator. We will collect these supplies in the wagon in the narthex. Thank you for your support.
- Happy 70th Wedding Anniversary to Lee & Marj Struthers.
- Happy 66th Wedding Anniversary to Ken & Dorene Westergard.
- Happy 57th Wedding Anniversary to Ray & Marilyn Miller.
- Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary to Keith & Sharma Brockmeyer.
- Jan Richards recovering from surgery.
- Cindy Phillips hospitalized at Sanford Medical Center.
- Roger Rieck having tests at Mayo.
- Dave Dau awaiting upcoming surgery.
- Lawrence Lupkes beginning new treatment.
- Kelly Swancutt having medical issues.
- Jared Lewis recovering from surgery, and will go back for a 2nd surgery in 2-3 weeks.
- Lewis Johnson recovering from surgery.
- Laurie Phillips hospitalized with medical issues.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from medical issues.
- Linnea Lambert recovering at home.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Phil DenHerder recovering from surgery.
- Leona Koele recovering from surgery.
- Jim Watts, Sr. recovering from surgery.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie, recovering from surgery.
- Roxie Moriston undergoing chemotherapy.
- Mike Reekers diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis.
- Kathy Huitink with ALS, and she has been chosen for a test group.
- Colleen Bomgaars recovering from a car accident.
- Paul Scharnberg battling cancer reoccurrence.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at Welcov – 2:45pm
- NO PW Sewing
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Bible Study w/Rachelle Gewecke at Rabab’s (formerly Prairie Chick) – 9:30am
- Building & Grounds Committee Meeting – 6:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Jake DeJong
Ushers – Jack & Sherryl Jones and
Greeters – Cassidy, Stacy, Croix, Sydney & Cade Howard
Video Taping – Owen Primavera
Soundbooth – Pat Butler, Mike Reekers & Jackie Jenkins
Nursery – June Howatt & Emma Loveall
Coffee – Steve & Jan Richards
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Adrie Stecker & Annika Stecker
Nursery – Milly Tillotson
Power Point – Brice Pratt
Sound – Chris Pratt
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA