Your Weekly Update
Meal: Baked Potato Bar
Meal Crew: Pat Thomson, Karrey Lindeberg & Rachelle Gewecke.
A few more meal helpers would be appreciated.
Recharge begins again Wednesday with a meal starting at 5:30pm, full youth programming, and multiple exciting adult classes to choose from at 6:10pm. Pick up a Recharge brochure in the Narthex, sign up to help on our meal rotation, and be sure to join us for another exciting year of fellowship and discipleship!
Esther in the Women’s Bible Study ~ led by Rachelle Gewecke
Being Men of Faith ~ led by Pastor Clint
Explore the Old Testament with the Great Courses
Freezer Meal Class
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for our son-in-law, Jared Lewis. After his follow up appointment, they have decided the 2nd surgery was not needed at this time.
Terry & Susie Bartels
With grateful hearts and much gratitude, we give THANKS to our awesome God and Father for giving Phil a new lease on life. We were preparing for cancer, as Phil was given a 99% diagnosis last month. But then God showed up! During the surgery, the doctor removed his gall bladder.
Specimens were taken to the lab and came back negative for any cancer. Praise the Lord! He is recovering on antibiotics. THANK YOU to our wonderful church family for your love, concern and many prayers. We call Phil a “walking miracle.” Praise be to God.
Phil & Pam DenHerder
Sunday School Adult Ed
Beginning Sunday, September 17th at 10:30am, join us as we take a look at the struggles and successes of the early church and explore how the first generations of Christians tried to live together and establish common beliefs and practices amidst incredible diversity and significant opposition. We will begin with the Apostolic church of the New Testament and work our way to the development of the established church of the Roman Empire. This class will be led by Pastor Clint.
Again, this year, First Presbyterian Church will be hosting breakfast and team devotionals on varsity game days. This has been a great experience for us and we are thankful for the opportunity to welcome the team. The numbers have grown steadily and we are regularly serving well over 70 young men at each meal. In order to keep up with the demand, we need your help. This can involve donating food, cooking, serving, or coordinating volunteers. If you are interested in being a part of a breakfast team, call 336-1649, check the sign up sheet in the narthex or sign up on our website.
Friday, September 15th
We need the following items for our upcoming football breakfast…
- 4 egg bakes
- a few dozen rolls, muffins, etc.
- 3 gallons of white milk
If you would be willing to provide any of these by Friday morning it would be appreciated. Egg Bakes could be pre-cooked and we can reheat them Friday morning if needed. Otherwise food could be dropped off by 6:30am Friday morning.
Please contact the church office at 336-1649 or email@example.com if you can help so we can keep track of how much we receive. Thanks.
Men & Women’s Bible Study to Begin
Our Men & Women’s Bible Study led by Pastor Clint begin this week. The Women’s Bible Study will begin on Tuesday, September 12th at 1:30pm and the Men’s Bible Study begins on Thursday, September 14th at 9am.
Mark Your Calendar
Mark your calendar for our 2nd Annual Autumn Soup Supper on Wednesday, October 11th. Our sign-up sheets will be out shortly, so be thinking about where you would like to help during this year’s Autumn Soup Supper??!!
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We try to keep freezer meals on hand for families in need, but our collection is getting low. So we are asking for your help in restocking the freezer. Thank you for your continued support in this ministry.
Cherish House Residents in Need of School Supplies
First Presbyterian Church will be collecting school supplies for the residents of Cherish House. They can house up to six girls but are planning on two-three for the school year. The supplies needed are loose leaf paper, notebooks, folders, 3 ring binders, markers, highlighters, pencils, pens, backpacks, scientific calculator. We will collect these supplies in the wagon in the narthex. Thank you for your support.
Hurricane Harvey struck the Texas coast late Friday, bringing lashing rain and sustained winds of 130 miles per hour. Even as its force has waned, Harvey has brought historic flooding, forcing rivers and streams from their banks, submerging homes, churches, businesses and roads, stranding thousands of people. If you would like to help support the communities devastated by this historic storm and those throughout the Gulf region who are still in the path of Harvey’s torrential rains you may make your check out to First Presbyterian Church with Hurricane Harvey in the memo and we will forward these funds on to the Presbyterian Disaster Assistance.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30AM at First Presbyterian Church in the Fireside Room. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat. Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Our Daily Bread Devotionals
The September, October, November Our Daily Bread Devotionals are here. Pick up your copy today.
- Jason VanderWolde and all the power linemen in FL helping after Hurricane Irma.
- Holly needing more surgery.
- Ken Westergard dealing with excess fluid.
- Steve Kwikkel with pancreatic cancer & chemo.
- Jan Richards recovering from surgery.
- Cindy Phillips dealing with cancer.
- Dave Dau having surgery today.
- Lawrence Lupkes beginning new treatment.
- Kelly Swancutt having medical issues.
- Jared Lewis recovering from surgery.
- Lewis Johnson recovering from surgery.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with medical issues.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from medical issues.
- Linnea Lambert recovering at home.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Phil DenHerder recovering from surgery.
- Leona Koele recovering from surgery.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie, recovering from surgery.
- Roxie Moriston undergoing chemotherapy.
- Mike Reekers diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis.
- Kathy Huitink with ALS, and she has been chosen for a test group.
- Colleen Bomgaars recovering from a car accident.
- Paul Scharnberg battling cancer reoccurrence.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge Kickoff – 5:30
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- Adult Handbell Rehearsal – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal – 8pm
- Ladies Coffee Break – 8:30am
- Men’s Bible Study begins – 9am
- Thurs Ladies Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation Parent Meeting – 10:15am
- Adult Ed Classes – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at Hawkeye – 2pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Committee Meeting – 5:15pm
- Tues Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Nor Top
Ushers – Jack & Sherryl Jones, Ron Niebruegge & Bob Peterson
Greeters – Cassidy, Stacy, Croix, Sydney & Cade Howard
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Soundbooth – Tom Ditsworth, Mike Reekers & Jackie Jenkins
Nursery – April Krull
Coffee – Jake & Ruth DeJong
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Jeremiah Clay & Pressley Cochran-Bray
Nursery – Dana Bolluyt
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA